How do I deal the fact I live surrounded by the intelectual version of fat people while I go to the mental gym every...

How do I deal the fact I live surrounded by the intelectual version of fat people while I go to the mental gym every day?

I know the comparison is autistic, but you guys get my point, there's a lot of common ground between Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums on self improvement.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TeCQNx3jdk0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lawyer up, delete facebook, hit the books

You acknowledge and accept that they do not have the same desires and interests that you do.

nope, they just told me why I read so much, and they told me I will become crazy for reading, they also told me my mind was extremelly confused.

of course this was my mistake of telling a bunch of christians I was an atheists, mistake I won't make again.

most people I met IRL have the culture of a teenager at best.

you aren't going to the "mental gym" every day if all you see in people around you is an intellectual equivalent of a fat person. you're masturbating to a fantasy.

if you really went to the "mental gym" every day you'd have a great deal more humility and the ability to perceive and understand different kinds of intelligence, which everyone possesses in different degrees.

your metaphor of "fat person" assumes being fat is bad, which is based on assumption that being fit is good, which could be based on several different assumptions, like a) living a long life is better than living a short life. if you had reached even babby's first existential crisis levels of thinking, you'd know that this assumption is wrong, because there is no objective meaning in the universe, therefore there's no reason to favor living for a long time over living a short time. just like there's no objective reason that being smart is better than being stupid. it's like a haunted house with all these damn spooks floating around your mind, please figuratively actually go to a mental gym and exorcise these spirits, you're every bit as intellectually fat as the people you condescend toward. i am also an intellectual version of a fat person, btw ;)

There are people in this world who have different beliefs and values than you do. Accept it.

besides your marxists kike answer that everything is relative, I was meaning something similar to fat pride people.

I've found people who feels pride on their ignorance and feel confident over tackling me simply because they think their feelings are better arguments.

I mean, is the overall anti-intelectualism of the average person that concerns me.

Or course the previous shit doesn't mean I feel better or more confident, but I rather be a mediocre insecure faggot in knowledge than a strong secure faggot in ignorance.

is the overall pride in being ignorant what concerns me.

>is the overall pride in being ignorant what concerns me

Why does their ignorance cause you so much vexation, la?
Is your being so perturbed, perchance, born out of insecurity?

It doesn't bothers me.

I only wish for more people to be smart and intellectual and something it feels you're alone in a miserable world.

At least we have 4chins, if that's a consolation.

Maybe is the curse of smart people to worry about irrelevant shit, while the dumb people reproduce and die in jew wars.

>I go to the mental gym every day

You sound like an utter retard.

the analogy is correct if you considers your mind to be a muscle.

>implying you're automatically fat for not* going to gym
>implying you're automatically fit for going to gym

nice counter argument.
wanna hear now data like 90% of humans score lower than 120 IQ points?
but I'm sure you jew faggots will keep claiming that pseudoscience theories like multiple inteligence are more "scientific".

your example is only correct if you go to gym once, not if you'd been going for several years.

>I will become crazy for reading, they also told me my mind was extremelly confused.

I mean they might not be wrong.
There's a lot of merit to the phrase "Ignorance is bliss." Usually the more you learn the more you realize how little you know, or how complicated everything is. At least when you're retarded and don't analyse anything life seems simple.

If there's one thing I learned from getting into reading more philosophy is that for every question you have there are probably a dozen different answers and schools of thought that branch from them. My life would probably have a lot more 'clarity' and be less confusing if I just took one as gospel.

>marxist kike answer that everything is relative

the more you post, the more clearly i and other people looking at your thread can see you are spooked and suffer from ideology. i didn't suggest things were relative, i wrote quite clearly that things are objectively meaningless. meaning can only be subjective. which means you create it for yourself. and thats a best case scenario. it sounds like a lot of the meaning you create in life is something other people created for you (sounds like /pol/). further, any meaning you create rests on an ultimately hollow foundation. this isn't even moral relativism, what i am talking about is moral nihilism.

you come in here asking for advice, you're getting it and you're rejecting any post that criticizes or objects to your reasoning. witness yourself being strong and secure in your own ignorance. ignorance of other peoples' intelligence. you didn't even post this thread to learn or listen, all you've shown so far is that you are interested in continuing to beat yourself off, but you aren't satisfied doing it privately or in front of people, you want an audience.

i'm inclined to agree with the people you are telling us about, who rebuff your attempts to patronize and condescend towards them.

if it doesn't bother you, why did you make the thread? why are you complaining about them? why have you changed your mind about your question three times already since your op?

why do you feel lonely? why does feeling lonely bother you? why do you believe the world is miserable? very prominently intelligent people, including empiricists you no doubt idolize (newton perhaps, maybe planck) find the world full of endless wonder and possibility.

i'm going to suggest you read stirner, the stoics, some zen and/or tao. i'm done here. you're on your own OP.

What is your first language?

ignorance is bliss, but then you're not diferent than some animals, not thinking by yourself and letting others to tell you what to think.

in this sense, you're not diferent than livestock.

what's the point of such mediocre life?

or course this mean your life will be caothic and there wont be a safe spot, but at least you know you're free.

there's not point of nihilism, is a dead end.
sure, life has no meaning, but this doesn't mean we can build again another monuments of greatness.
isn't this the point of ancient heroes?
to leave your legacy, even if everything is a waste of time and we'll perish anyway.

nihilism is the ultimate beta cuck ideology, rather than working hard and proving yourself, you succumb to stupid relativism.

>why did you make the thread
this is very few of the places where smart people gather, is very hard to do this IRL if you're not in a big cosmopolitan city.

sure, I'm just starting to enter philosophy, I'm sure you read my post and think: oh, baby first existential crisis.

tacospeak.

>atheist
fuck off yuropoor

>like multiple inteligence are more "scientific"
Considering IQ does not measure a lot of very important elements of intelligence, yes.

I'm not atheist, I'm agnostic.
fucking retards who think atheisms is satanic and that I need to believe in the devil and God, because otherwise it makes not sense in their brains someone doesn't believe in God.

up until now, we don't have a better tool to measure intelligence.
high IQ people tend to be smarter and low IQ people tend to have lower reaction times and creativity.

>if you really went to the "mental gym" every day you'd have a great deal more humility and the ability to perceive and understand different kinds of intelligence, which everyone possesses in different degrees.
everyone? no. it's very rare to find intelligent people, be it in any kind whatsoever (abstract thought, music, painting, emotional intelligence, hell even sports).
>our metaphor of "fat person" assumes being fat is bad
yes, being fat is objectively worse than being healthy or at least thin (not anemic which has other health complications) because everyone can agree that suffering is bad and fat people suffer more.
>a) living a long life is better than living a short life. if you had reached even babby's first existential crisis levels of thinking, you'd know that this assumption is wrong, because there is no objective meaning in the universe, therefore there's no reason to favor living for a long time over living a short time.
living for a longer time is better than living for a short time if you enjoy living. Sorry if you don't but the whole point of life is hapiness and if you are happy then you'll want that hapiness to last.
>just like there's no objective reason that being smart is better than being stupid.
being smart is better because knowledge = power and power = capacity to do something to pursue hapiness. no knowledge = no power = stagnation.

>of course this was my mistake of telling a bunch of christians I was an atheists, mistake I won't make again.
>most people I met IRL have the culture of a teenager at best.
teenager detected.

seriously though, live another decade or two and you might actually have a meaningful thought.

Cassandra realized that every joke she had heard in the past week had been told by herself, to herself, and at her own expense

OP you should check out youtube.com/watch?v=TeCQNx3jdk0 I'm not sure this is the best vid on the topic but this guy pretty much has a support line for people that go from dumb to smart

people make dumb mistakes, like revealing their powerlevel.
not everyone is perfect.

being smart is suffering, isn't it?

thanks.

>Everyone can agree suffering is bad
No