Is IQ really an accurate measure of intelligence?

I just got 25/33 on the online IQ test on

mensa.lu/en/mensa/online-iq-test/online-iq-test.html

this means I have good chances of passing the real mensa test.
To pass the mensa test you need an IQ of over 132. Does this mean that I could actually be a genius?
I'm really a sperg and have low rankings in all the video games I play, so I have a hard time believing I have a high IQ.

Is IQ really pseudoscience or not?

IQ isn't pseudoscience, but it isn't that reliable as it seems. There's just no better quantitative value to present intelligence.

IQ online tests are irrelevant though, just like any online test.

But this is Veeky Forums, so people will probably swear by it and call you a brainlet if you say otherwise.

Mensa is a meme. I had an actual psychological evaluation rank me at above 140, and I personally would not call myself a genius by any other standard. Take it with a grain of salt and don't let it get to you. It doesn't mean anything.

It was so boring and pointless.
I got a 24 but it was only worth 4 minutes of my time. I don't need to prove my intelligence: I can focus long enough to cross the street and this makes me brilliant compared to 99.99% of the population who have serious mental retardation.
So too, lots of screwed up guys writing those tests: based on their arrogant bias, or did you think they put in questions they can't answer?

All it measures is how good you are at taking tests.

If anything it gets in the way of leading a good life.

I scored 23 on this test and i have a legitimate sub-100 iq from a profesional iq test

sup brainlets, I got 32 on this test and my IQ is legit tested at 142 so I doubt it OP. I'd say 30 on this test would be high enough to have a good chance at getting into mensa in reality.

Scored 27, took me 8 minutes. I skipped a few.

>Thank you for taking the Mensa Online Test!
You have 28 correct answers, this means you have excellent chances to pass the real Mensa Test

Also
>IQ of over 132
>genius

people with good iq scores will swear by it and those with bad scores will call it a meme

t. 142 iq

How reliable is that norwegian version of the online mensa test? I did it last month and got 128.

>IQ online tests are irrelevant though, just like any online test.
Not really. Some are irrelevant, specially the ones that are too simple or give most people very high scores. I do think that there are ones who are nearly as reliable as real IQ tests.
What you said is fallacy. A lot of things in internet are unreliable, but not all of them.

link one that is as reliable as a real IQ test

I don't have the link, but someone posted one a while ago that was really long. I do think it was pretty reliable because it was well rounded in many areas.

Mensa is just a club for people who have an innate need to feel better than other people and have chosen IQ scores as their main rationale for feeling better than other people because taking IQ tests is the only thing most of them are good at.

IQ is basically statistics, to deny it categorically is the same thing as denying say epidemiology. There's plenty of noise don't get that wrong but it is reliable for its application.

>online
automatically shit

i ahve the iq for mensa but im an autistic hikkineet who has not and probably never will accomplish anything in his life
should i pay them the thirtyfivebucks so i can go on the list of Important People and brag about being smarter than random strangers

its the most reliable one as of now. problem is people tend to think that iq is fixed and never changes which is BS because it changes by studying, environment etc etc

Depends on your definition of intelligence. IQ tests are a good indicator for things such as problem solving, logic and abstract thinking. The talents/skills that are most important for success in a science, math or engineering field, so the classical understanding of intelligence. It leaves out such things as interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence and creativity, skills that can even make a person rich and successful on their own. A person with a 130 IQ and great social skills will most likely outperform a 140 IQ autistic neckbeard.

>So too, lots of screwed up guys writing those tests: based on their arrogant bias, or did you think they put in questions they can't answer?
very good point

You guys know this isn't a real IQ test, right?

>psychological evaluation
why? could i book one of these with just some random psych? I kind of want an accurate measure

Honestly I know a pretty average guy who went and got an official IQ test, and it was apparently over 130, which is extremely high. The thing is, he isn't particularly smart. He isn't valedictorian, he doesn't read much outside of school from what I've seen. Honestly, I never want to get an IQ test. Putting a number to your intelligence seems like it will either make you really sad or give you unwarranted arrogance. If you like math/science and you are good at math/science, then who cares what your IQ is as long as you are making meaningful contributions to your field? also basically all online IQ tests are fake.

>Thank you for taking the Mensa Online Test!
You have 29 correct answers, this means you have excellent chances to pass the real Mensa Test

All intelligences are correlated. See g factor.