What's up with the recent uptick of Flat-Earth conspiracy theoristards?

What's up with the recent uptick of Flat-Earth conspiracy theoristards?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rvDqoxMUroA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavendish_experiment
einstein-virtuell.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/vea/sc-1816523987_mod355385129_seq-114471879_sl154826715_en.html
antarcticaflights.com.au/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

retards

Idiots.

There isn't. It's just atheists making a strawman to take down.

its just a funny meme
people are arguing in favor of something ridiculous just because its fun and one can make legitimate arguments

As someone who was a flat-Earther in high school, I promise you that they're just trolling and trying to be Socratic. They know the Earth isn't flat, their point is that 99% of people can't explain WHY it isn't flat and instead just regurgitate "lol it's not flat because someone else told me" "lol gravity" "lol we have pictures".

For example, a popular answer to the gravity thing is that the Earth is actually just moving upwards at a constant velocity. They say this because the person arguing with them doesn't understand gravity enough to explain it and can't prove that gravity actually exists.

There are people who are actually retarded and think the Earth is flat and take this seriously, but the bulk of them know perfectly well that the Earth is spherical and what they're actually standing up for is a real understanding of what you think you know.

>B.o.B. reveals he is a flat Earther
>Kyrie Irving reveals he is a flat Earther
>Draymond Green reveals he is a flat Earther
>Lebron James reveals he sees nothing wrong with being a flat Earther

and people say there is no correlation between race and intelligence

They're paid conspiracy theorists, not even kidding. They serve a very specific purpose.

There's no recent uptick, the flat earth website has existed for more than a decade now. People use it to practice their debating and trolling skills because your typical normalfag retard is incapable of actually proving the world is round. It's funny.

Just watch youtube videos I swear they make one a day.

You scientists are doom, all that time studying and never realized that people don't read no dumb science.

It's an easy way to get youtube views

America is the shining beacon of rejection of expertise. The greater sentiment seems to be anyone with five minutes and Google at their disposal can get enough information to contradict people who have devoted YEARS of their lives to the studies of such subjects.

Also see: jet fuel and steel beams, the anti-vaxxer movement, climate change denial

>You scientists are doom, all that time studying and never realized that people don't read no dumb science.

Dman. Yeah. What's worse, is seeing America go to shit. I lived 60 years to see this country die.

Trolls.
It's a funny meme, you have to admit.

sage round earthers / flat earth deniers.

>Also see: [...] climate change denial
To be fair, climate change denial isn't something that just happened organically because of a handful of conspiracy theorists. It exists because there’s a well funded propaganda campaign being run by industries who stand to lose money if serious CO2 emissions regulations are implemented.

It all started with vsauce.

Much like most other contrarian memes, starts off with a bunch of shitposters trolling, then evolves into actual, literal mouthbreathing retards taking the ironic shitposting seriously, and believing it. Poe's law in action to the point where you can't tell if people genuinely believe this crap, or are just shitposting.

>evolves into actual, literal mouthbreathing retards taking the ironic shitposting seriously, and believing it
Pic very related

Satire

Please research Flat Earth:
1. Horizon always rises to eye level
2. Water always finds its level
3. Gyroscope’s always remain level throughout worldwide aeroplane flight travel
4. Polaris never moves from its position despite earths travel through space
5. No measurable curvature
6. Terminator line on the moon during daytime often does not coincide with suns directional light
7. Gravity is simply buoyancy & density (and electromagnetism)
8. No photographic evidence of satalites
9 . Questionable flight paths in southern hemisphere
10. Antarctic treaty forbids freedom of movement in Antarctic
11. Van Allen radiation belt makes space travel impossible
12. Water bubbles on ISS film footage
13. The Fake moon landing
14. The Sun & globe earth model contradictions

the earth is bigger than he thinks

NIGGERS DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW BIG THE EARTH IS

First, that wouldn't be a conspiracy, the act of hiding it would be.
Second, they're paid trolls to try and delegitimize the truth/theorizing community.

>What's up with the recent uptick of Flat-Earth conspiracy theoristards?

It's a shill tactic leaking from /pol/

>lol we have pictures
How is this not enough? Why do you even need to start discussing gravity if you have literal visual confirmation, not to mention you can just travel around the earth yourself.

>1. Horizon always rises to eye level
youtube.com/watch?v=rvDqoxMUroA (both with fish-eye and non-fish-eye lenses).
>2. Water always finds its level
What do you mean? How is this related to a flat or round Earth?
>3. Gyroscope’s always remain level throughout worldwide aeroplane flight travel
Source?
>4. Polaris never moves from its position despite earths travel through space
Not true, it's parallax is 7.54 ± 0.11 mas.
>5. No measurable curvature
See first video link.
>6. Terminator line on the moon during daytime often does not coincide with suns directional light
Pics?
>7. Gravity is simply buoyancy & density (and electromagnetism)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavendish_experiment
einstein-virtuell.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/vea/sc-1816523987_mod355385129_seq-114471879_sl154826715_en.html
>8. No photographic evidence of satalites
See pic.
>9 . Questionable flight paths in southern hemisphere
How are they questionable? It's the flat Earth that has questionable flight times in the Southern Hemisphere.
>10. Antarctic treaty forbids freedom of movement in Antarctic
antarcticaflights.com.au/
>12. Water bubbles on ISS film footage
Again, how is this related to a flat or round Earth? The micro-gravity footage of the ISS is not reproducible on Earth, many takes are way too long for that.
>13. The Fake moon landing
The Soviet Union and China were helping the US? Why would they? Why wouldn't call them out on their bullshit if it was indeed bullshit.
>14. The Sun & globe earth model contradictions
Which are...?

Actually I feel like the number of them has gone down a lot recently

There was a huge surge a few months back but now we're back to global warming

They seem to pick a topic and hammer it until they get board, and then move to the next. There was a bunch of "smoking doesn't cause cancer" threads a while back too.

It's not from /pol/, but it is used a lot on /pol/. It's also used a lot on Twitter.

This. I am technically a "flat earthier". I don't believe the earth is flat, but sometimes I like to flip flop between both sides of the argument for fun and to think of ways to argue for a specific viewpoint.

In order to make a hasty generalization about a whole race, a White guy uses anecdotal evidence in the form of statements by people that aren't educated in the sciences, and people say there isn't a correlation between race and intelligence.

I propose we fucking hack the flat earth website. Done. Problem solved!

>Assumes that poster is White

you can hack our website but you'll never hack the truth

wow you must be real cool

I'm a Latina girl lol

I blame Neil Degrasse Tyson. Nobody would even be talking about that shit now if he didn't constantly expose people to those dumb ideas.