Are fractals one of the most significant discoveries of the 20th century?

are fractals one of the most significant discoveries of the 20th century?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HKQQAv5svkk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no they're fucking pointless. all they did was help improve video game graphics and cgi by letting devs use algorithms to make better mountains and shit. fuck off benoit

infinity dimensions

Yes. Once we have integrated fractals properly into different areas of study we can unlock their true potential as secrets of the universe and stuff.

I wouldn't call them pointless, but I also wouldn't say they're the most important. The realization that matter and entropy creates and repeats the same structure at most scales is a useful one, though.

Some of them are aesthetically pleasant to see, it gives me a geometrical orgasm despite I don't like geometry that much.

This applies to muslim art as well desu, Uzbekistan has some fine ass geometry art I think.

>The realization that matter and entropy creates and repeats the same structure at most scales is a useful one, though.

how so?

broccoli

there's lots of reasons why you find similar patterns everywhere in nature, and i think it's because on average everything falls into the lowest possible energy configuration it can, aka the path of least resistance.

why do some serious and reputable scientists speak of them in almost mystical terms?

>muslims not allowed to make pictures of people because muh religion
>they make dope-ass fractals instead
Sometimes religion is cool

youtube.com/watch?v=HKQQAv5svkk

>implying they are not

OH FUCK THIS IS GOOD

neat

Nah, they're mostly just cool looking.

Recursive algorithms are basically fractals.

There are quite beautifull recursive sorting algorithm that use more advanced fractals to be efficient through the different layers of data throughput (drive -> memory -> cache).

It seems to be one of the important ones, yes.

>discovery
>of the 20th century
>one of the most significant

all of these things are wrong