So I suck at math and I don't even know long division. I'm still endlessly fascinated by science...

So I suck at math and I don't even know long division. I'm still endlessly fascinated by science, and I'd like to know some science books that can explain to me some scientific concepts that I can understand without math, to the same degree that any scientist could. I am especially interested in physics.

Placemat education might be more your speed.

Read some popsci books like the ones by Stephan Hawking.

>to the same degree that any scientist could

:)

probably hawking but you wont understand them really without math, you'll just get that something happens

It's time to learn long division you lazy fuck.

You can never learn mathematical concepts to the same degree any scientist does without math. Start by getting a high school algebra textbook.

>I'd like to know some science books that can explain to me some scientific concepts that I can understand without math,
That's called pop-sci and you faggots are really dumb and annoying

Start from the basics.Practice till you git gud.
I know this is basic advice but it werks bruh.Don't think much.Practice and git gud.
Remember, learning isn't a race.Everyone should learn at their own pace.

so you refuse to learn math but wants to be "that guy" who talks a lot about science without knowing shit about it.

I think there's certain things which science can show, like how newton's principles can be applied to the trajectory of everything, and therefor everything in the universe is deterministic and interwoven.

but that's calculus

also the universe isn't deterministic nor necessarily interwoven; electrons exist in probability fields with no definite position, and there's still no theory of everything, nor even a definite grand unified theory at this point

kill yourself honestly
popsci faggots are the worst

I don't think you know what popsci means

You need math for precision, intuition can only take you so far

>newton's principles can be applied to the trajectory of everything, and therefor everything in the universe is deterministic and interwoven

I don't think you know what popsci means, fuck off, you're disgusting

Explain how it's not deterministic.

stop, just fuck off holy shit stop shitting the board up

You can't.

i literally just did in that comment, did you even read it

i was trying to be nice but you need to get off the board now

So you're trying to argue that people have free will?

no, if you aren't braindead you'd see that the guy i replied to said the universe was deterministic per newtonian physics. that statement is entirely conjecture, as newtonian physics is an outdated model of the universe, and i provided a counterargument that the universe isn't necessarily deterministic

there's no way to know, and it's a dumb thing to care about either way

You suck at math because you do not bother dedicating any of your time to it. Pick up a book and start studying mathematics, you shouldn't expect to understand physics if you're not literate in mathematics.

You can definitely understand a lot of concept in physics without in-depth mathematics, just from analogy, but to actually understand the vast majority of physics material will require some maths. Generally, the more complicated concepts tend to be underpinned by more complicated maths, but not always I suppose.

It's not a dumb thing to care, it's the fundamental question in all of justice. If the universe is deterministic then no one is responsible for their actions.

>So you're trying to argue that people have free will?
We have free will to chose within the limits set forth by our environment, childhood, caregivers, society, culture and opportunity.
As there are an infinite number of points between any two points on a line, there are an infinite number of choices.
If free will is false, we are dumb rocks; unable to control the future.

Don't be mean faggots, hell even for biochem fields you need to understand pretty much statistics and that's it

You'll need maths for physics bud, sorry but that's justhow itis. Start learning physics then cross the maths bridges when you get to them.

You remind me of my friend. He fucked up bad. Learn maths, it really will help you.

>i suck at math
Harden the fuck up.

>scientific concepts that I can understand without math

No. Learn math then learn science.

>So I suck at math
>to the same degree that any scientist could

no

this