Long S General

You have 10 ſeconds to explain why you don't uſe long s.

Alſo, long s general diſcuſion and praiſe.

ſuck you

dubs have ſpoken, fuck me.

Because it's ugly.
Scharfes ß is best s

It's a horrid horrid letter in deſign, confuſing to read becauſe it looks ſo much like an "f" an "l" or even a "[" and often obſcures the tittle of j's and i's. That ſaid, the long s is a really intereſting letter, and I really like ſeeing it in old documents and ſuch. I like it's ſcarcity in modern text. It's like a furtive ſecret in the alphabet, ſo that's cool knowing, even though there's not a lot of people who would otherwiſe talk about it or underſtand it if I ever write with it.

On Veeky Forums, It was chic ſome time ago to pronounce pic related as "Paradife Loft".

Is it correct if it makes the "sh" sound?

should
or
ſhould

Why does the letter C exist at all? Both sounds it makes are already made by different letters (S and K)

In case you haven't figured it out yet, the spelling system of English doesn't really make an attempt at being phonetic after a certain point

Second one.

Only time to use the real "s" is in uppercase or at the end of a word.

It isn't on my keyboard and I'm too computer illiterate to reprogram the s key for long s.

thoſe cultured among the Engliſh really know how to pronounce their 'ſ''ſ and it ain't just "s"

But it leads to words like flaccid which are often mispronounced.

there's a funny line in Masters of Atlantis where a character's wife goes on about "monstrous books with Fs for Ss"

Ugly. ſage

because it's antiquated, and looks too much like an f. We've been over this 200 hundred years ago already

>it's le current year

uh yeah?

that's not what user was saying
this one, however, might still be calling you a fage too

my thoughts exactly

you ſhouldn't berid yourſelf of s, rather accept the ſ regiem.

Because I speak and write in modern English.

Just learn German.

Þreadly reminder þat þorn is þe only obsolete Englisc letter worþ bringing back, as it is boþ æsthetic and useful.

> You have 10 ſeconds to explain why you don't uſe long s.
> ſeconds
> s

Why don't you?

That letter is not found within the endless volumes in the Library of Babel
I can't imagine that letter actually exists even
You are some sort of heresiarch

Why don't we all start writing in archaic English?

>claims to be Library of Babel devotee on orthographic grounds
>uses letter x

why do yov people vse that vgly rovnd 'v'

we'd need complete overhaul of all spelling to avoid easily mispronouned words, c is the least of our problems.

Didſt make this?

I loue this gvy

for some reason it sounds like a lisp in my head