At what age did you realize Stem was a meme and that you made a awful choice in majoring in it?

At what age did you realize Stem was a meme and that you made a awful choice in majoring in it?

Other urls found in this thread:

theonion.com/article/facebook-user-verifies-truth-article-carefully-che-54790
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>majoring in something for the sake of getting a job
this is why cuban's eyes are so soulless

>billionaire
>having any grounded perception of reality

Can we just all stop for a moment, look at this, and finally start gassing all the top 1 percenters? Just, anyone who earns more than 6 figures, gassed the fuck out. Can we?

That out of the way, I realized it after a year.

I am truly overworked and I see no end to it but... everything else would have been worse. I know that business people are even more overworked, I know that artists don't earn a penny, I know that historians/geographers/geologists either don't make a penny or are as overworked.

It is a reality. You learn it when you become an adult. Every side of life has some suck to it and all you have to do is take a breath and remember:
You don't suck at life, life sucks at you.

true man. life is pretty rough

He has a better perception then you. Thats why he has billions and you dont.

Your little comment prompted me to read his wikipedia article to see if he was born to rich parents and he wasn't so okay. Young Cuban was pretty smart.

But now? Are you going to defend that statement? Liberal arts will, out of nowhere, become a huge industry? Top fucking kek.

This is what I mean. Becoming rich really turns you crazy. That guy is not grounded. I bet he thinks that because he wrote a book and it got sold (it sold because he was already a billionaire, not the other way around) then everyone just has to learn some art and start selling it! That's it! It's so easy.

Holy shit. For their own good, gas the rich.

He's absolutely right though, in 10 years you are going to need a liberal arts degree for whatever jobs are left when the machines automate all fast food, cashiering, etc.

The few of us left with a shred of common sense are going to revolutionize and automate the majority of the technical tasks that make STEM jobs tedious eliminating the need for a lot of entry level STEM paper pushers.

I see a future of STEM where a just a few technical experts can automate the work of a dozen lower level technicians and a few senior people reviewing and signing off on the outputs.

>in 10 years only liberal arts degrees will be viable as everything else will be automated

>In 10 years there will be a few technical experts who automate work, technicians who presumably check and fix the machines, and senior people who review and sign off on the outputs

That moment when you are so deranged that just after a sentece you contradict your previous sentence.

Back to sleep, Cuban. Maybe try tomorrow.

Where's the contradiction? Would it soothe your autism if he hadn't said "only"?

>>billionaire
>>having any grounded perception of reality

He knows more about the market and hiring that you do, retard.

It's called supply and demand, retard.

Higher supply of labour in STEM will result in lower wages for STEM majors as the scarcity power is in the hand of the employer.

Lower supply of labour in Liberal Arts will result in higher wages for Liberal Arts majors as the scarcity power is in the hands of the employee.

It's basic Econ 101, plebshit.

I'll rather listen to a billionaire than a brainlet like yourself, thanks!

>Where's the contradiction? Would it soothe your autism if he hadn't said "only"?

It would, because that is exactly the contradiction.

Anyways, even if he did not meant that "only" literally, it still retarded. The implication is that in 10 years, a majority (lets assume 51% of the jobs as that is the lowest majority) of jobs will be in some "applied" liberal arts magical field that will pop into existence.

Lets assume that new market magically appeared tomorrow. All industry shows that no fucking industry grows that fast. The computer/technology industry is known to be one of the fastest growing industries and after 10 years it was shit. Even today I bet less than 51% of workers are tech workers. It is retarded. He is retarded. Cuban is retarded.

Where does he say that in the article?

He said there will be greater demand which does NOT mean 51%.

You're literally creating a strawman and arguing with yourself.

Commit suicide, dork.

>He knows more about the market and hiring that you do, retard.

He did, now he is deranged. Gas the rich 2017.

>Lower supply of labour in Liberal Arts will result in higher wages for Liberal Arts majors as the scarcity power is in the hands of the employee.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Nice meme buzzword. Look at that big boy. Talking about "supply and demand" like a real economist. I bet you have your big pants on. Don't you, you big boy.

But let me tell you a little secret:

The "supply" in "supply and demand" implies that there must initially exist something supplied.

What does liberal arts supply? Literally nothing.

I said it before, back to sleep Cuban.

No argument to be found except memes.

Pick up an Econ 101 book, brainlet.

I am not talking about Cuban anymore. At least not only about him. I am talking about Einstein here: He says "for whatever jobs are left when the machines automate all...". How does this not imply that non-arts jobs will be the minority.

In fact, if in his mind non-arts jobs would still be the minority then this statement makes literally no sense.

cringe post

Cuban, it's time to stop.

>high supply of stem
>low supply of liberal arts majors
LMAO, besides the fact that liberal arts majors aren't in low supply; in what world would an employer take a liberal arts major over a stem major? That's not how supply and demand works there bud, if stem is in high supply, liberal arts majors will be in even lower demand

i meant to say if stem is in high supply, liberal arts majors will be in even lower demand*

there u go, just in case ur brainlet head couldn't figure out what i meant

Lol, you're such a brainlet that you think STEM and Liberal Arts jobs are interchangeable and an increase in STEM demand means a lowering of Liberal Arts demand.

Babby never learned basic mathematics?

The job market is never a stable number, brainlet.

Actually embarrassed for you that you made that point, what's it like being 16?

yes have fun with that liberal arts degree
you supply nothing but a waste of time to any employer bothering to hire you over a stem major

when I started working in a cubicle

>yes have fun with that liberal arts degree

Lol, brainlet had to strawman because I patted him on the head like the babby he is. I don't even study Liberal Arts.

Really embarrassing.

>strawman
>actually embarrased for you that you made that point, what's it like being 16?

you gave me such an argument to reply to; again, what do """they""" supply over a stem major?

Nice job ignoring the first 3/4 of my post there, brainlet. Here, I'll link it again for you, babby:

>Lol, you're such a brainlet that you think STEM and Liberal Arts jobs are interchangeable and an increase in STEM demand means a lowering of Liberal Arts demand.
>Babby never learned basic mathematics?
>The job market is never a stable number, brainlet.

wew

Nice way to pretend you are saying something meaningful while at the same completely ignoring the "what skills do liberal arts majors supply?" question which happens to be the crux of the entire argument of this thread.

Well done. 10/10.

>Babby never learned basic mathematics
>not a strawman

nice job with a braindead reply again

To the first part, yes it does unless you can actually name something a liberal arts degree supplies over a stem

and then: "The job market is never a stable number, brainlet" nice argument? fuck all to do with anything

also just to be clear brainlet

my associates degree was a liberal arts major, but the major itself was retarded and had no direction; anybody with it supplied absolutely nothing to the job market over similar degree more centered around stem

Allow me to explain it for you like the little brainlet you are:

Cuban isn't saying people will start hiring Liberal Arts majors.

He is stating that the restriction in supply of Liberal Arts majors (as a result of more students choosing STEM) will result in increased demand (in the Liberal Arts sector of the economy) for Liberal Arts majors, which will result in higher wages for those majors.

He is NOT stating that STEM and Liberal Arts majors are interchangeable and that the STEM sector will start hiring Liberal Arts majors.

Your point about increased demand in STEM resulting in lowering demand of Liberal Arts majors is RETARDED because those jobs are not interchangeable and they are entirely different sectors.
In basic terms, you are a brainlet which needs to pick up an Econ 101 book.

when i graduated with a pure math degree and realized i had the same industry qualifications as an art major. ironic because despite being extremely technical, i had no marketable tech skills

Refer to this post, brainlets:

>which will result in higher wages for those majors.

Logical fallacy: You can't get a higher wage if you don't even have a wage.

>because those jobs are not interchangeable

Logical fallacy: Two sets of jobs cannot be interchangeable when one of the sets of jobs is completely empty to begin with.

You are a fucking moron that doesn't understand how supply and demand works.

Pick up an Econ 101 book.

I suggest reading Mankiw's Principles of Economics for a little brainlet like yourself.

Cuban seems like the type of guy who spends his adult life compensating for the time in middle school where he was picked last on the playground when splitting into teams.

It's funny yahoo still writes about this faggot after buying his stupid company for an insane amount of money.

Projecting.

>restriction of supply of liberal arts majors will result in increased demand for liberal arts majors
what restriction? the fuck are you talking about? there's no restriction of liberal arts majors

next, you keep saying "brainlet" and "retarded" but you STILL haven't stated what liberal arts majors have over stem majors. if you can't do that, then there's no reason that "liberal arts employers" won't take stem majors over liberal arts majors

>what restriction? the fuck are you talking about? there's no restriction of liberal arts majors

That's correct, there is a current surplus in the supply of Liberal Arts majors but as more and more students pick STEM, there will be a restriction in the labour supply in Liberal Arts resulting in increased demand and wages.

Also, you are continuing to conflate sectors of the market and speaking about regular jobs which don't require specific degrees with the jobs that do require specific degrees as though they are interchangeable and representative of a whole.

When Cuban talks about """"demand"""" of Liberal Arts, he is clearly talking about a specific sector of the economy.

>he is clearly talking about a specific sector of the economy.

Which sector? Which fucking sector? Which sector is a liberal arts only sector?

The Starbucks barista industry?

>Which sector is a liberal arts only sector?
>The Starbucks barista industry?

You are continuing to conflate regular menial task jobs with jobs which require Liberal Arts degrees.

There's no point talking to a brainlet like yourself that doesn't understand Economics or the point Cuban is making.

You still haven't named this mysterious liberal arts industry.

I wonder why...

Stop inserting your subjective opinion into a discussion about markets, retard.

It's not about what YOU deem to be valuable, it's what the market and others deem valuable that determines the price of something, brainlet.

Imagine being such a cringey dork that you always have to insert your own bias and reddit-tier jokes into a discussion. Sad!

But I am no longer talking about what I value.

Just name the liberal arts industry you are speaking about. Even if I don't respect it or vaue it or whatever, I will accept it. Provided that it is actually a liberal arts sector.

Just name it man holy shit.

Sectors such as Public services as in Museums, Civil Service, Education, Social work and charities are filled with Liberal Art students.

And before you laugh and say "haha, i-i bet that's valuable". I don't care whether you think it's valuable, dork. Those are the sectors.

>are filled with Liberal Art students.

They may be filled, but aren't those also general fields like starbucks baristas?

I mean, there is "Public service in museums" degree. I bet an art degree is preferred but anyone can do it and I bet there is a diverse range of people hired in that. The same for education, holy shit. Social work and charities are also places where everyone can go do work in.

You can start a charity right now if you want. You can start to do social work right now if you want.

I don't see how this is a "liberal arts industry".

Not who you responded to but you're an obvious troll. Minimum PhD mathematics to work at a museum (300k in europe and us). Civil Service you need CIVIL engineering degree (CIVIL, you idiot). Education requires a teaching degree, which is sTem (the T stands for teacher). Social work doesn't exist anymore, it's called AI, you dumb brainlet. Charities i'm not even going to go into, not worth my time.

>as the world's resources are consumed we need more and more geologists trained to find them.

Never

>Civil Service you need CIVIL engineering degree (CIVIL, you idiot).

Lmao, this retard doesn't know what the civil service is.

Imagine spending all day on Veeky Forums and not knowing who runs the country.

>Education requires a teaching degree, which is sTem (the T stands for teacher).

T stands for Tech.

>Social work doesn't exist anymore, it's called AI, you dumb brainlet. Charities i'm not even going to go into, not worth my time.

Not an argument.

Don't worry, babby, I know you're just pretending to be retarded.

You serious right now? You spelled "baby" wrong. Maybe you should go back to class, that English degree isn't working out too well!

No one used the term industry, brainlet.

The term is "sector".

Please continue, I'm masturbating right now!!

Cuban, it's time to go back.

Geologists can make good money. Oil and mining are huge industries.

Mark Cuban is a fucking beaner faggot. That is all.

lurk moar

mark cuban is pretty retarded
>greater demand for a vague field with nothing to supply over specialized fields in math and computer science in an increasingly tech world

>Geologists on the same tier as historians and geographers

You better fucking rethink what you said.

hey guys, what's a good Veeky Forums approved major?

nothing

i can't say math or physics with a straight face, i can't say engineering period without someone talking shit about babby maths

i guess maybe ive never seen chemical/nuclear/aerospace engineering getting slack here

biomedical maybe?

if u need sci approval for your major ur better off killing yourself

okie doke, thank you

Harden up faggot it's just banter.

nice u the Veeky Forums ambassador?

>Cuban:No finance. That's the easiest thing - you just take the data have it spit out whatever you need.I personally think there's going to be a greater demand in 10 years for liberal arts majorsthan there were for programming majors and maybe even engineering, because when the data is all being spit out for you, options are being spit out for you, you need a different perspective in order to have a different view of the data. And so having someone who is more of a freer thinker

This is pretty much his entire "argument"

Who does he think makes/maintains all the robots?

Before posting a reply for this thread, consider putting a study/serious article that backs your opinion.
Without any proof, your opinion is just that, an opinion.
theonion.com/article/facebook-user-verifies-truth-article-carefully-che-54790

mark cuban provided quite a bit of proof, oh wait

or are we just going to appeal to authority?

I hope people believe that nonsense and we get stupid people out of engineering, I’m tired of seeing freshly graduated "engineers" from diploma mills that drive down the salaries for the rest of us.

>Mark Cuban
>Right
He also said the stock market would crash because of Trump's election, yet it reached new highs of almost 20,000 points. That's what happens when you're only rich because of the dot-com bubble and nothing of actual notoriety

Never, I am 2 semesters from getting my MEng and I fucking love sucking all this cock.

>Who does he think makes/maintains all the robots?
Other robots?

So is this whole board just a massive cluster fuck of trolls and autismos too tweaked out to tell that they are getting trolled? I haven't had such a laugh since /x/ decided that they could Mandela effect themselves into women.

Forget Mark Cuban. What is Veeky Forums's opinion on Robert Herjavec?

>Mathematics, programming, physics, and engineering require no creativity

Could someone possibly make it more clear with just one sentence that they have no fucking clue what they're talking about?

By that time all degrees are worthless

Sounds like whiny millennial garbage.

Engineer things to become an engineer.

It's a pretty simply formula

>majoring in something
>realising it won't get you a job
>

Liberal arts majors are literally useless. You can study history in your spare time and learn about as much as a history graduate. lmao

>You can study history in your spare time and learn about as much as a history graduate. lmao

But history graduates do get jobs!

Like that 20-something guy who is now teaching me a class in history that I was basically forced me take in the sense that if I had total freedom I would never pick a class that wasn't about mathematics.

So yes, liberal arts majors will get jobs... as long as they can write policy that forces you to take a class only they can teach.

cuban might be cooler than other rich dudes in that he wants to be taxed and help the society that made him rich, but a market expert, he is not

>Clearly he is a genius for he has accrued more ((($$$))) than thou hast
A pol-tier argument deserves a pol-tier response

>at what age

When it was too late

You know how the government keeps doctors salaries high? I figure you can apply the same thing to engineers.

By more the six figures do you mean 7+ figures or $100,000+ dollars?

Because the latter would gas all good doctors in my country

Not really. They justify the doctors thing by saying they need to keep quality up or people will die.

>focus your education in specific field/career
>tell other people not to
>retards take life advice from somebody who has never met them
>the scarcity of your skillset increases

wow who woulda thunk it

Rockfag detected.

yeah listen to the guy that its literally the retarted billionaire character from silicon valey

>to see if he was born to rich parents and he wasn't so okay. Young Cuban was pretty smart.
>He knows more about the market and hiring that you do, retard.

Our whole legal and economic system is set up very much to protect and increase huge fortunes, once established. Remember the big bailout? Trillions of dollars gifted to investment banks and other large corporations by the US government, because they had made bad bets and were going to fail. That's an especially dramatic and blatant example, but there are smaller things like that going on every day, and baked right into the rules.

But how do you make the jump from having to work to live decently, to being on the escalator of life? It's not super competence, it's gambling and winning, with a side of cheating and selfishness.

Do you think someone is smart who works hard and lives frugally and keeps signing up for credit cards and borrowing money from friends and family and embezzling money from work, all so they can buy as many lottery tickets as possible? Now, if you didn't understand how they were doing it, if you were just looking at their results, what would you think of them if you only looked at the people who won? They worked hard, they made sacrifices, and they were successful. "You Can't Win If You Don't Play!"

The other side of it are the thousands of people for every self-made billionaire success story who destroyed their own lives, and the lives of people around them, trying to make that jump and failing. Not failing because they weren't smart enough, or didn't work hard enough (although there are plenty of those, too), but just because the dice didn't come up in their favor.

what about a double bachelors in electrical engineering and physics? that way if one were to lose interest in industry they could go into academic research for theoretical stuff yes?

When I finished my uni after 5 years of hell.
Im 25 now,broke and cant find a job.

wast did you study and why didnt you get co-op?

Eastern Europe,medicine.
This should cover any question you have.

Unlike other inventors, Nikola Tesla wasn't smart enough to make money off of his work.

I love hardcore business people.

They're so evil and cut throat.

He is lying to the masses on purpose just so that he and his heirs have less competition.

>liberal arts
>demand

it's not hard to do so it will literally never be in demand. Very few people go into STEM compared to the liberal arts. lol mark cuban is a fucking moron.

he's just trying to degrade and weaken the masses so they are easier to impoverish and control.

>tfw we're enlightened STEM and we can see this low IQ business man trying to manipulate liberal arts majors from a mile away

it feels good

you do realize neither mark cuban nor his heirs are STEM nerds right? they do business and are unaffected by the choices of the plebs

This same guy literally just said robots are going to terk yer jerb (which is true).

Liberal Arts qualifies you to do things that are either creative, or menial. Robots exist to replace humans in menial tasks.

Who designs, fabricates, programs, and maintains robots? STEM majors.