UNDERRATED SCHOOLS THREAD

I'd rather go to pic related than any school in the States

>tfw reading this from a UW residence

>poo in waterloo

i wish i went there but u of t is better imo

that international tuition

u think im rich kid

>tfw mac
to be fair im only here because i was in health sci first year and just decided to stay when i made the switch to math
maybe uoft or mcgill for a masters

if waterloo were in the states it'd be a top 5-10 math and cs school.

Waterloo's a good school and their co-op program is certainly world class but don't be delusional.

I'm not. Few CS schools and math schools would rank higher than Waterloo in the us. It'd be top 5 or 10

it wouldn't even be top5 in california let alone the whole usa dawg

Feasible in terms of industry presence / employer rep but most rankings are based on research & loo is not a research school.

And still, it wouldn't rank above:
>Carnegie Mellon
>Caltech
>Berkeley
>Harvard
>MIT
>Georgia Tech
>Stanford

>inb4 that's 7
And then the generic great but not top tier schools. At this point ranking is just splitting hairs, would be already pushed out of 20+ in the world rankings anyway.
>All other Ivies
>UT Austin
>Illinois

>t. butthurt uoft nerd

ye but by your argument uoft would be close to being #1 if it were in the states.

not even in canada mate
but uoft is a better school

Chicago, Northwestern, UCLA, probably UCSD lmao

UW (Seattle) for computer science. too bad it's so competitive

If you want a list of underrated schools, just find universities have a large amount of variance in where they rank in different league tables.

World ranking has it ranked 24 or 26 in computer science alone above most American schools. Just check waterloos Wikipedia page. It has a much stronger department in math and CS than you think. You must be a reject to shit talk it so much.

I don't even go to Waterloo and as an American I know how strong that school is.

No literally every Ivy (8) Ivy-tier (thats like another 12, so 20) good state school (lets just say thats another 10, so ~30) would be better. So it would be top 40 probably. For CS it would probably be top 30 because you can chop off like 2-3 Ivies, and a couple schools here and there to put it around 25 or 24.

You dropped Health sci? Why? I heard it was a cake walk to Med school

Ok now that we are done shitposting about Waterloo and OP exposed himself right to confirm what people were saying, lets go back to the original topic of underated schools.

Penn State is pretty underated imo, it seems to be very good in STEM although is kept top 50 in domestic rankings because of not being outstanding in other things.