Is this really the first great Millenial novel?

Is this really the first great Millenial novel?

Is Tony Tulathimutte, dare I say it, our guy?

I thought thats Tao Lin...

It's a Veeky Forums-created alter ego of him

Any writer with a twitter account is not worth reading

Kek
Is this really true?

why did tao change his name?

was he tired of the "go to bed tao" mem?

David had one

>le wacky face meme man
>worth reading

el oh lel don't say you saw him posted here and fell for it

Tao Lin sucks

I thought he pulled the rafter before all this "social media" bullshit.

wtf, i hate neuromancer now.

kek

I too was surprised to find out that DFW and James Joyce are two different people, but he offed himself in 08

Going through this guys' twitter makes him seem irredeemable.

Yet he is making 6 figures through this book while you are bitterly searching his twitter for reasons to cling desperately and pathetically to your superiority complex.

>make a twitter account specifically to write a twitterstory about dueling madmen I plan to update every week because I want my work to be read
>now all my work isn't worth reading
fuck

Projecting.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were him, actually. His tweets made him out as pretty narcissistic and defensive.

Go to bed, Tony.

Yeah but don't you want your book to make that kind of money? I mean, of course it's projecting, but if your book makes like eight bajioons and everyone is talking about how cool you are tell me what writer wouldn't want that.
That would be hilarious. He's asian, he probably will hate himself no matter what he does anyways.

But there is no evidence of Wallace ever being on Twitter. If he had been then we'd be seeing screenshots every other thread

If 20 years after his death it's still considered a masterpiece, then sure.

I've yet to even buy it. Is it worth it?

under-appreciated post

I think it probably is one of the best millennial novels. It's bright and intelligent and mordant and satirical. Tulathimutte's intelligence and style are light years beyond what Tao Lin is capable of. Of course most Veeky Forums ppl are still essentially YA readers, so this is beyond 95% of the losers who post here, who will never graduate to adult novels.

The fact that nobody engages you shows the stupidity and ignorance here. Duh, don't bother me with something new..."Private Citizens" is simply beyond their limited intelligence.

the novel is an exhausted, anachronistic form that should have died when it discovered its painfully small limits in the 70s

>Tony Tulathimutte
Where the fook does that name come from?

Haven't you made this exact same thread a week ago? Go read a book
and put on some deodorant for a change

interesting. could you expand on this? why is it anachronistic, what are its limits, which novels are at those limits?

jesus christ why

You are the cancer not only of Veeky Forums, but also on literature as a whole. This book is utter fucking trash that relies on labeling and identity politicking to make up for an utter lack of anything substantive, much like the people it talks about. It's gutter trash designed to be fawned over by critics who care about nothing more than identifying with the hip new ways of other people thinking for them.

Fuck off Tony

isn't a millennial book just a book made by someone age 20 - 34

Pessoa

>Is this really the first great Millenial novel?
>Hasnt read Mein Diarytus

tao lin > this faggot

anyone born between 1980 and 1999, gen x is 1960 to 1979, baby boomers 1940 to 1959

Why are writers no longer interested in the beautiful? Why must everything be a satire or critique, or be praised for its "biting" quality? Is there nobody left who finds the contemplation of beauty adequate for happiness?

why are you asking this on Veeky Forums? You realize this site is responsible for post irony taking over right?

This site is responsible for nothing, and is an epiphenomenon of horridness. But I can't stop using it, yet.

literature got hooked on postmodernism, now it can't hold down a job and all its teeth have fallen out so it can only eat soup.

Agreed.