Be TA for physics II class

>be TA for physics II class
>professors wife gets some kind of horrible stage 4 liver cancer or some shit so professor can't make it to lectures anymore
>professor makes me de facto head of the class and delegates email responsibility to me
this is where it gets good
>exam coming up this thursday
>mfw getting emails from students about how they need an extension because of their "depresshun"
>mfw not granting one

depression isn't a real excuse. barring the fact everyone uses it as an excuse to smokescreen the fact they didn't study, if your brain doesn't work properly maybe you shouldn't be in college

If they have a doctors note, you're usually obligated to grant exception based on campus or department policy. But I agree with you.

>be TA for discrete mathematics class
>full of CS brainlets
>have very generous office hours
>no one comes
>students email me asking for special appointments because "they are just so busy"
>mfw i say no

devilish lads

> if your brain doesn't work properly maybe you shouldn't be in college

I'm better than you with my capped brain

>he can solve complex equations and master mathematics
>he can't solve how to make himself happy

LOL

>solve how to make yourself happy

You mean like suffering enough brain damage to start believing in vague nonsense such as "spirituality"? The issue is most routes to happiness have stupidity as a prerequisite. The problem lies in the fact that pessimism and realism are one in the same.

>The issue is most routes to happiness have stupidity as a prerequisite.
Literally not true

It is true, happiness is ignorance. It comes from either distraction or stupidity. If you're good looking, life itself is a distraction and all forms of work are already done for you. Otherwise you better hope you got really lucky growing up and were facilitated by adults into developing healthy habits, i.e. distractions from how miserable life is. It's very difficult or nearly insurmountable to develop those habits as an adult, because you are already aware of how utterly pointless doing anything is.

Thank you for reminding us about the void. Ah yes. The birth of mathematics truly is the devils place of loneliness....

D:

Ph-physicists....how is multiverse theory coming along?

Nope.
Although
> Honest awareness => Pessimism,
Intelligence doesn't lead to Honest awareness, even if it is a prerequisite.

Damn, babby either got his existential crisis and is full blown emo nihilist edgelord now or he can't seem to get out of the hole he created from this.
Persue something you like, there's enough options in this world, you entitled privileged cunt. Stop cucking yourself because you see the true uselessness of being. If you can't, just kill yourself. If you don't, you're a pussy and hypocrite, if you do you'll be regarded as a man that stood by what he believed in.
You're on the of true beta's of this world.

>cucking

You're one of the dumbest people in the modern world, you have nothing of value to say. You're so unintelligent and sheep-like that you absorb chicken noises into your vocabulary because you see them repeated on the internet. Your insight into existence is about as valuable as a dog's.

>Academia cuck thinks he's intelligent

Just wait until us Autodidacts rise up and take down Academia once and for all!

It might be a chicken sound, but it fits you. How said is that? You're actually a meme (and one of the worst ones at that). Good job guy.
Now kill yourself, you don't want to live in this world anyway.

well you must be fun at parties

extraordinary cancer

>it fits you

The only common denominator of its usage that can be established as its definition is "frequently repeated by morons."

Here's hoping your life is filled with unimaginable degrees of prolonged suffering you worthless trash. See how your mouth-breathing optimism works then.

>he doesn't realize that its not about optimism its about willful focusing on what you want
>he still hasn't realized that his reality and immediate surroundings can be changed simply on belief and action

Yeah dude keep willfully thinking bad thoughts and see where that gets you, don't try the opposite or anything

Which lands us back at the fact that you need to be either stupid or lucky to change your beliefs.

>try the opposite

The opposite of truth is falsehood, and they only carry equal weight if you're too stupid or ignorant to be able to distinguish one from the other.

>Uses a word a lot of people use, must be a moron! I sure showed him with my infallible logic!
You're one of those people that completely zone in on a single thing, without seeing the larger picture aren't you? You saw the buzzword and you just couldn't focus on anything else. It's sad really, I gave you good advice. Meanwhile you sit there trying to sound smart when you're just a moron.
People thrive in suffering, because they try to get rid of it or they perish. But the only thing that actually destroys a person completely, is having a defeatist attitude. Again, see if you can kill yourself. If you can't, why are you such a hypocrite lamenting existence? I'm sure there's something you can enjoy in this life you fucking rat.

LOL, it doesn't take the truth to become sad or defeatist you dumb fuck. I know just like you how fucked up the world is, how futile existence is, how meaningless everything is. Yet I've never been happier. It's all about your perspective dude.
>Do you like wallowing in your sad shit thinking about how the black void will consume us all
>Do you actively aid in helping: yourself, your immediate surroundings, your city, your state, your country, your continent, the human population, the assimilation of knowledge that might eventually (far, far down the line) make us masters of the universe
Your choice motherfucker. Stay sad and be dead weight, or become someone that became a cog of an unstoppable machine.
>But I hate the system! It's all fucked up!
So change it. Or you know, you can, just like I said before, still kill yourself.

>if your dont suicide ur'are just a hippacrit!

Or they have a family and are cursed with the burden of empathy, you drooling moron.

>you need to be stupid to change your beliefs

What? If you want to live in a shit timeline then think shit thoughts and that's your truth

If you want to live in a better timeline think better thoughts and that'll be your truth

truth in this respect is relative

>you need to be either stupid or lucky to change your beliefs.

What is willpower if not belief in your ability to do something?

>Tell everyone they can't get a career or make anything in their lives without a paper from your career farm
>be surprised when your ivory towers get flooded with brainlets just trying to secure a place for their future families

You people chose the future being built for you, every time you make another worthless degree tier macro you invite more brainlets onto your fields. This is the grave you dug. Lay in it.

t. pop psychologist who gives BS advice online but will claim psychology is a pseudoscience on Veeky Forums

Yes, willpower is a buzzword straight out of self-help tripe, you nailed it. Just like "lazy," it's a cover word for a far less romantic truth, which is that everyone who does anything is really just lucky for one reason or another when it comes down to it.

Yeah they're lying. If they actually had depression they'd be able to get a doctor's note.

The burden of empathy? For someone that says everything is meaningless? Good joke guy!

I'm not a pop psychologist I'm just not a retard

this is you:
>waah waah my leg is broken
>im not going to do anything about it though ill just adapt my worldview to one where having a broken leg is normal

God damn nigger you're mad!

If someone's adjusting their antidepressant meds then I think they have a valid excuse. Going on or off antidepressants causes some serious difficulty thinking

>You say everything is meaningless, so why do you begin to feel hungry when you haven't eaten for 4-6 hours?!?!?!! GOTCHA!!!

"Having an untreated broken leg" is just a euphemism for knowing the truth. Get red pilled like me

there are two truths though, having an untreated broken leg and one where you fix your leg

im gonna not drink alcohol for an entire month to see if it makes any difference.
will post results.

Depression itself is a valid excuse, it makes everything considerably more challenging. That's one of the massive disadvantages of depression and psychiatric conditions in general compared to their more tangible counterparts; instead of having people sign their names on your cast and give you a pity-party filled lee-way, you receive a barrage of pseudo-intellectual, condescending "advice" from people who watch sports and believe the position of the stars determined their personality. This leads to bitterness and hatred which itself is debilitating. This is the reason people often feel extreme relief in a therapeutic environment, they are finally speaking to someone who isn't a double digit IQ condescending know-it-all and actually understands the complexity of your situation.

>Because subconsciously you know this is bullshit

>be in a Reactor Physics class
>TA spends the first few weeks bitching and moaning to us about how last year no one ever asked or emailed him for help, especially on the homework
>try asking him for help
>he gives non-answers and doesn't even really point us in the right direction
>sometimes his "help" is just outright wrong

because conscious analysis and the sensation of pain are two separate experiences. it's absurd that need to this explained to you.

>I'm not an armchair pseud honest, I'm just ~EDUCATING THE PLEBS~ with my ~superior~ medical knowledge

lyl Veeky Forums

Dumb frogposter.

>TA-ing calc I
>In class, I refer to my office hours as brainlet hours
>lecture from rudin's real and complex analysis
>lose my TA position, and other disciplinary action pending

These pussies really piss me off.

>depression isn't a real excuse.
But your wife getting liver cancer is? Fuck that, the only reason the professor isn't doing his job is because he's depressed. It's not like he has liver cancer himself. If a brainlet like you were teaching my class I'd be depressed too.

>cuck recoils in anguish when his true nature is exposed
lmao

>barring the fact everyone uses it as an excuse to smokescreen the fact they didn't study, if your brain doesn't work properly maybe you shouldn't be in college

>barring the fact

Wait, so unless you're operating from a different definition of how the phrase "barring the fact" works, this means that you're more upset with people who actually have depression than you are with people who are lying about it.

Fuck I know that feeling. I mean I get it, I've been "that student" at times, but there was this one class where the prof that we've got to "do it" and it was our responsibility.

Every time I asked him question, non answers. At one point I asked him why one of the axioms of Boyce Codd Normal Form (Intro to Databases) were necessary for it to work, and he started going over the earlier Normal Forms. At first I thought he was going somewhere with this and listened carefully, but after finishing Third Normal form he just told me to go over the notes, as if I hadn't tried that for the last day and a half before seeing him.

That was his answer, and I couldn't figure out how to articulate my dissatisfaction with that answer before his office hours were over. Hell, I actually went over the notes again wondering if he had a point.

>Every time I asked him question, non answers.
I know this feel as well. I understand and expect it from TA's, but when a professor doesn't know their shit it just triggers the shit out of me.

but in the spirit of this post, why should we ease up the requirements for someone who has a depression if we don't ease up sports requirements for someone missing limb functionalities? if your depression slows your thinking then wouldn't your post suggest that you shouldn't be in uni?

Because unlike sports, training for work in real life isn't a game. It's nature is obviously competitive, but you won't find a conservative in the bible belt who is willing to believe that that competition runs on anything except for character and hard work, which as we know are not things that depression gives a fair showing of.

We assume of course that these people are looking for treatment options and that they'll have an easier time with it when professional-time rolls around.

>lecture from rudin's real and complex analysis in a Calc I class.
(you)
Make Bait Great Again

spirituality isn't the only way to make yourself happy. although mindfulness meditation is scientifically proven to increase happiness.

you probably have a magnesium deficiency.

also drink some st john's wort tea to deal with that depression if you're not into meds.

You know if any of them have accommodations and you said this you've just opened your Uni to real lawsuits from the Americans with Disabilities act.

Good job fagot.

>B-but I am c-complex!

it wasn't until i became a TA that i realized what huge shitheads people in college are. people asking for help with labs/homework midnight, or even early morning hours of the day it's due. people trying to gain back half a point when they already have a grade well into 90%. one guy fucked up the whole class, and then went behind the professors back to the dean saying that the professor agreed to give him an incomplete instead of an F.

granted, most of these experiences were with middle eastern guys.

>people trying to gain back half a point when they already have a grade well into 90%.
Maybe they just want the grade they deserve. You know it's possible that future exams could bring the grade down below a 90, right? If a brainlet TA made a mistake grading my exam, I would try to correct it too. Especially since you're paid by the students tuition to be grading this shit, why are you making mistakes?

>TA is Indian
>can't understand a single word she says

I am reporting you to the Dean...

I contracted reddit from this post.

>be TA for Calc II class
>have pin worms
>ass itchy as hell
>decide to rub my hand across my anus and dip it in professor's coffee
>two weeks later he tells me he has to miss a day for a "intestinal related issue"
Great success.
Still haven't gotten rid of my pin worms.
I've had them since I was a kid.

>since I was a kid
What the fuck? Wash your hands and go to a doctor dude.

you stupid fucking faggot liar piece of shit

Good job OP

So many fucking people used this excuse in college and got away with it

I was depressed as fuck, but that doesn't mean you can't study, even if some (((doctor))) prescribes antidepressants or whatever

You weren't depressed.

isn't this a case for academic issues or examination office anyway and not for the lecturer?
Serves them right then...

Nice projection.

yeah not if you have a severe depression, then you just lie in bed all day and do exacly one thing: nothing at all

>granted, most of these experiences were with middle eastern guys.
This is something I noticed as well. Arabs are horrible when it comes to their attitude towards work. To them it's all personal and to them it's all about appearing to be diligent, when they really couldn't care less about whatever they are doing. So what they do is:

>Stay forever on campus, running around, looking busy
>Sit in libraries "discussing" with their peers
>Watch videos on youtube about high school math
>Argue about every little shitty thing. You disagree with them, they take it personally
>Forcing their simulated friendship onto everyone who looks desperate enough, aka as "networking"

I really hate their attitude. I don't care whether they do that shit in the industry or to get through their undergrad years, but it's more than misplaced in research and only leads to even more useless people in positions they shouldn't be in. Karim Al-WhoGivesAShit has never published a paper that has been cited ever, but still somehow managed to be head of two working groups in the collaboration and always shits on everything that is submitted for review. I mean, sure, there is always a social aspect to these things, but all the arabs I ever met are making a living by exploiting these structures. It's super annoying.

I just can't get laid