Are there any science fags here that are also artists or interested in art...

Are there any science fags here that are also artists or interested in art? Prof Walter lewyn stated that while physics is his life, art history is his love. Richard Feynman took on freehand drawing and got pretty good at it. I'd like to hear similar stories.

Other urls found in this thread:

hubpages.com/art/how-to-draw-learn
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How do I git gud at drawing. Calligraphy is something I will never reach, but at least I would like to be good at precise drawing. I refer to mathematical and phyisical diagrama.

I hated art when I was young because I was so bad at it. Now that I'm in college I'm interested in it but I have no idea how to get good.

>too intelligent to draw

kind of good at calligraphy though

A YouTube math teacher professor Rob bob is also into calligraphy and pretty good at it. His math diagrams are also always on point.

I'm trying to get into proper pen-and-ink drawing

My technical drawing professor told me to be happy that we're moving away from hand drawn drawings and into CAD.

From 's sticky
hubpages.com/art/how-to-draw-learn

Reminder that if you can't draw 3d strucutres of proteins without the aid of a computer, youre a shitty scientist

Mathematics is art. So in a way science fags are artists.

I draw dick pics in my textbooks, got pretty good at it

i've been an artist for a long time, mostly recording but also visual.

decided to become mathematician for the lulz

mfw actually have an aptitude for it, but math degree is useless and costly

I am. I'm not amazing, but I'm good enough to impress most non-artists.

You're listening to that rapist?!

>tfw i can only draw cubes very beautifully
>i dont even like geometry but i like drawing cubes

Here, have my drawing of a somewhat cartoony Haikouella lanceolata. Let's see Feynman draw THAT!

>I have no idea how to get good.

Practice. Copy stuff at first to get a feel for what you are doing. Take a class -- college is often the last opportunity to try out different stuff, and you need some electives anyway. Take life drawing class, you'll get to stare at a nude model for an hour or so without being considered a pervert, though there is a chance it will be a dude -- you pays you money, you takes you chances.

Not sure if srs

Maths are not art.

How's this?

Nice!

Cont'

Yes it is.

I like to think of art as purely the application of human thought. The greatest art is the art which shows the wit and skill of the artist. This is why music, poetry, philosophy are the arts that stand the test of time.

However, this would mean that art isn't technically real, rather, it only exists in the mind of the artist. The "art" is merely an expression of the thought.

Thats amazing dude

more diagrams

How does one learn to draw scientifically accurate diagrams and pictures, like the ones anatomists and taxonomists used to draw?

these are so fun to draw

Art is my love and soon to be life.

Science right now is my life but soon to be a little hobby.

Tbqh science is retarded

How do i learn to draw like this guy? I love blueprint drawing style and I'd like to improve my handwriting as well (e.g. Architect's handwriting)

And why is that impossible to do without a computer?