College course gives you a failing grade for the semester if you are skip too much

>college course gives you a failing grade for the semester if you are skip too much

which daycare do you go to?

Don't all colleges do this to force students to show up so they can maintain tegrity...?
Regardless, its really stupid. Im a grown man, If I don't want to attend class I shouldn't be forced to by holding my grade ransom.

>Don't all colleges do this to force students to show up so they can maintain tegrity...?
no, i've skipped months of class before with 0 repercussions

which daycare do you go to?

my community college did this in the non-STEM courses

some courses do this at my current college too, but fortunately most don't.

>i've skipped months of class before with 0 repercussions
>things that never happened

protip: just because your school does something doesn't mean the rest do

I go to one of the top 10 unis in my state and they are subjecting me to this infantile horse shit.

My course work is fucking easy, and the lectures are boring. I hate having to sit through them and ive already used up my limit of days Im allowed to skip before the instructor gives me a 0 and kicks me out of the course.

Im paying for this shit, so I should have atleast a say in the matter of when I want to attend class or not

In one of my classes there is this autistic guy who bugs the ever loving shit out of me.

>shows up to class almost everyday so he can get attendance points
>shakes his head back and forth when the teacher says something complicated.
>doesn't take notes
>keeps his head down half of the time
>flails his arms/head back and forth, I cannot emphasize this enough, like what the hell is he even doing
>picks his nose
>didn't even show up on the day of the first midterm.
>doesn't turn in homework
>wears the same clothes everyday
>watches youtube sometimes laughing loudly to his videos in class.

Why do people like this even exist? What the hell is he trying to kid showing up just to get the attendance points (which are bonus points, not even real). Jesus christ, I thought people like this didn't make it this far.

That's university-wide policy where I go. 75% or fail. They also say as a side note "if you're going to less than 75% of meetings, you're probably already failing."

They also basically tell us regular skipping is a fast-track to NEET-ness.

In my uni it depends entirely on the professor, though most of them opt to have 100% exam. The ones who grade attendance are a bit old school, but their class is never boring.

Its the same at my college....

Its one of the reasons why I can't get a job. No one wants to hire college students, especially ones whose GPA depends on them attending every single class meeting.

At my uni there is this really popular thing where they all take attendance randomly. Meaning that basically attendance doesn't matter 90% of the time, but on days when half the class doesn't show up they do take attendance and count everyone that wasn't there off.

It seems like they just really hate teaching to empty classrooms, it really irks them.

>i wear the same hoodie every day, along with jeans and a grey tshirt (I change those but they all look similar.

I dont do any of that other shit but are people silently judging my outfit? I don't like buying shit I don't need, please don't hate me.

I personally have very few clothes also, difference is this dude clearly never showers, and never changes his clothes period. Like I can see the accumulation of stains/dirtiness on them over time. They are definitely never washed.

It isn't whether you wear the same thing all the time(although you people around you will get a sort of cartoon character effect given off if you literally wear the same style everyday) It is about how clean what you wear is.

As a CS fag most of my courses are recorded and uploaded. I wasn't even in one lecture this semester while watching each lecture in 1,5x speed

EUROPE
U
R
O
P
E

canada actually

I always switch underwear, pants, socks, and shirts. I'm always insecure that people think I'm wearing the same things because I always have the same jacket and jeans.

Ive never experienced this before, the closest was one obnoxious professor who made us wrote tests on random days (every day when he say attendance is low basically), which in total counted 33% of our grade, not counting for final exams.

After the first month or so the whole class established a network of people who worked in shifts for that class and each person wrote about 3 tests sothat everyone got that participation marks anyway just to spite him.

>prof posts the exact subsection(s) of the text she's doing in class each day on the course website
>get same subsection breakdown for every test
>never go except to write tests and still get 95+
these are the most based professors

also, about 1/6th of my professors directly told us that we should only come to class if we are struggling or want to socialize, there will be no penalties if we dont even show up for 1 class, and all the information we need in terms of what chapters are covered, or material not in the textbook will be put on the subjects website for us.

In one of those subjects I went to the first 2 classes, showed up for the class tests, showed up to hand in the projects but not staying for the class, and then wrote the exam (got 91%, 2nd highest in class, I was so proud of my autism that day, laughing at all my friends who wasted all their time in class for sub 90% scores)

I've seen attendance count for as much as 10% of the grade in brainlet classes but I've never seen a class that will outright fail you just for not attending.

>I'm always insecure that people
You worry about "what" people think of you rather than worry "who" you are?
You have some maturing to do.

He might have real autism, don't bully him brah.
Double dubs is right though.

Why do you worry about some fagets that you might never meet after college?
Unless you are going to a private university, it doesn't matter what other people think of you desu.

masterrace

No, but they have tests outside the exam period.

Some courses have graded labs as well.

But if you work more than 80 hours a month you can get be exempt from that (they might give you another task)

Are you from India?

lol no, didn't go to a single Ochem III lecture last year

>professor broadcasts the lecture with the slides so you don't even have to go to lecture

I still go in case I need to ask questions but this is based as fuck

Wrong thread?

>taking CS course
>really boring lecture about cs theory and what not
>don't go for 3 days but do every homework assignment and show up for tests
>check my grades
>I got 3 fucking zeroes for not showing up
>check my syllabus
>attendance is like 25% of your grade
>says I will get booted from the class if I miss 6 days without a reasonable excuse
I hate american colleges.