Help me Veeky Forums

I've only read murakami for the last 4 years. I'm finishing up Dance Dance Dance right now, what author / book do I read next

are you for real nigga

Haruhi Suzumiya

I am 100 percent for real

Start with greeks.

In hardboiled if you were the protag would you choose the well, the village or the forest?

I've never read Murakami, but really only because all the girls at my high school read him and I developed an aversion that had almost nothing to do with his work. What is his best book? I don't care about "good starting points", gimme the cream.

>

Aside from Kafka/Shore, 1q84, and everything published afterwards; I have read all of Murakami's stuff; and, while trying not to be rude, I have to say: if it took you 4 years to get through his stuff, you might be better off reading Harry Potter or something next

Read a bit faster nigga

for real are you nakara irl or what

four more years and you may have your own cat translation board that helps owners find out why their pets will only shit on the floor

James Joyce :DDD

Read them all again

the well so i could fuck that chubby bitch in the pink outfit. Japan's definition of chubby is a-ok with me.

Wevebeenwaitingalongtimeforthiscomment. Yeah, I do read at a pretty slow pace. I try to get in at least 10-20 pages in every morning, but I'm busy.
I'm genuinely looking for suggestions

my favorite Murakami is, strangely, one of the less-often talked about: Tsukuru Tazaki. What did you think of it?

The well. I couldn't handle the emotional numbness of the village.

I very much enjoyed Tsukaru Tazaki! It was a nice break from the metaphysical worlds of his other works.

I've only read Norwegian Wood and Kafka on the Shore, both were okay. I prefer Norwegian Wood as isn't as farfetched. It's kind of like you're reading a Ghibli film.

Hemmingway for a nice contrast.

U wot m8? A break from the metaphysical worlds?

So did you ignore the whole part about color auras and how the MC may or may not have choked a bitch to death using his own internal darkness made manifest outside of him?[.spoiler]

Norwegian wood is ultra comfy

Gotta stay in the well. The village just isnt worth it.

New York Trilogy
White Noise
The Trial
Ficciones
Invisible Citites
The Tartar Steppe
Crime and Punishment
Death in Venice
Ice (Kavan)
Hour of the Star
Chronicle of a Death Foretold
Hunger
No Longer Human
The Loser
The Magus
Miss Lonelyhearts
The Woman in the Dunes
What We Talk About When We Talk About Love
The Man Who Was Thursday

I pick these out because they either deal with the same ideas of alienation he talks about or they convey a similar atmosphere of ambiguity.

Also you can check out other general Japanese authors like Mishima, Dazai, Soseki, Akutagawa and so forth but they're all a bit different from Murakami.