twitter.com/Channel4News/status/794232437337247744

Other urls found in this thread:

newrepublic.com/minutes/134505/slavoj-zizeks-take-donald-trump-zizek-y
youtube.com/watch?v=SKGjczYz1bg
youtube.com/watch?v=JA60L_NQYm0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sounds about right for him.

Both Zizek and Trump own.

Zizek is pretty alright when it comes to his analyses on politics and recent events. He also has some great insight into the Charlie Hebdo situations AND SO ON.

It was Goldman Sachs, not Lehman Brothers

He's the opposite of a pragmatist. He's a communist who wants to see it all burn. I'm too old for that shit, but Zizek isn't American, and would likely suffer little consequence. I just want my Clinton surplus back. Which Bush campaigned on eliminating, in favor of tax cuts, and won because of. Because this country is insane sometimes. But I still love it.

Has trump done the impossible and become the first man ever to completely rid himself of ideology and so on?

no

>He's the opposite of a pragmatist. He's a communist who wants to see it all burn. I'm too old for that shit

Get the fuck out pleb

Zizek himself would tell you no, absolutely not

>those buttmad liberals in the comment section
I blew my load everywhere

slavoj zizek: accelerationist, crypto-stalinist, memer

He's not an accelerationist

Based Slav.

kek

He's openly Stalinist

not in the strict marxist sense, but what he describes as being made politically possible by electing trump is similar reasoning

displaying this hand-me-down hatred of trump is just a petty badge of allegiance, the psychosocial reason american liberals support hillary because 'the good guys' are doing it so i should

I'm voting for Jill Stein.

Thanks, cuck.
Commies not voting, or voting for anyone but Clinton helps Trump.

I live in one of the bluest states in the country so it doesn't matter anyway.

Trump is the working class candidate. I don't see how any honest leftist can avoid voting for him.

I don't mind Trump winning, but I'd definitely rather have a commie pres (T_T Bernie...).

no wtf dawg, hillary literally actively took part in rigging the democratic elections and has said 'if we were going to push for elections in palestine we should make sure that we would do something to determine who would win'

she is overtly corrupt, you can attach similar conjecture to trump all you want but hillary is unequivocally fucking corrupt

also zizek has hinted that he doesn't think trump is that bad months ago ( newrepublic.com/minutes/134505/slavoj-zizeks-take-donald-trump-zizek-y )

not at all, not once did he say he'd rather vote for trump to accelerate revolution; he's genuinely saying trump is a better option whether or not you disagree with him

Yeah, but he's a communist who wants to see it all burn.

not even zizek bought bernie's memes; just look at bernie now, he literally is a cuck: he found out hillary and the dnc both rigged the democratic election against him yet he's keeping his cuck mouth completely shut while campaigning for hillary

that's the single most cuck thing i can think of in politics

Bob Dylan wins Nobel Prize, Cubs win World Series, and Donald Trump wins US Presidency, all in the span of a few weeks. What is happening to the world?

>Donald Trump wins US Presidency
not gonna happen

That's what they said about Bob Dylan and the Cubs.

Well he's obviously right that Trump has the greatest potential for real change. He already ripped apart the Republican Party, and if he fucking defeats Hillary, after the DNC worked for Hillary and against Sanders, the democratic party is going to be ripped apart as well.

He probably just felt that was the morally correct decision. He even said right at the start of his campaign that he'd endorse her if he lost. He was definitely already aware that kind of corruption was going on, anyway.

>Tfw even Zizek knows

Fact as that ol' Crooked Hilldog is a sunken ship.

In what way is Trump the pragmatic choice?

He needs some hayfever medication.

Fewer dead brown people? But also possibly not.

Zizek is pretty well-known for claiming that Gandhi was more violent than Hitler, because the former was more revolutionary and thus more harmful to the status quo than the latter.

In this instance, Gandhi is probably Trump and Hitler is probably Clinton. Even prior to the Presidency, Trump has already fucked up the status-quo by forcing the GOP to sacrifice some of its worst and most electorally hopeless principles/ideals for the sake of electoral success. This is a huge change - it wasn't that long ago, prior to Trump, that people were talking about the Republican party being a dead/defunct party, never mind the prospect of a Democrat-dominated White House/Congress in perpetuity.

Clinton, on the other hand, is the establishment candidate par excellence. This is well-known: one of Clinton's biggest 'selling points' is that she won't shake things up too much.

Zizek might also have concluded that Clinton is a much bigger liar/hypocrite than Trump. At least with Trump you know what you're getting: a bombastic populist.

>In what way is Trump the pragmatic choice?

When the other candidate he's running against is basically the voice of George Soros speaking through a professional war hawk.

Making me kek

"Being overtly sexist is dangerous"

???

If anything, Trump's candidacy has accelerated talks of the demise of the GOP.

I really enjoy listening to what this dude has to say. Even if I happen to disagree with a lot of his stances. I have no idea why he thought Brexit was about racism. It was more about freedom tbqh.

I'm not sure. He's made them more electable than they've been for years.

If the GOP think/thought they could survive on the Evangelical/Reaganite ticket forever, they're dead wrong.

> I have no idea why he thought Brexit was about racism.

He didn't

The previous version of the GOP, maybe. Trump has said things I never thought I'd never hear a Republican candidate say, and retained a large amount of Republican support. There's a few ways it could all play out, and one possibility is that the party takes on Trumplike policies (but only if he wins).

The two major parties' platforms have changed before. Back in the 19th century the Democrats were all for slavery while the Republicans wanted to abolish it (and did).

Whether Trump wins or loses in the future we're going to see tons of Republican candidates vying for state level positions adopting his approach to politics. He's opened the flood gates to show how effective and simply mainstream candidates can be disabled

Brexit is about immigration, and fearmongering over immigrants is racism

youtube.com/watch?v=SKGjczYz1bg

Cruz and Bush actually performed better in early GE polls IIRC, but maybe the polls were doctored.

I'm talking post-Bush.

For at least a few years there was an ongoing debate that the Republicans wouldn't be able to find anyone electable.

Then Trump came along.

>Japanese tell immigrants to fuck off
>"Wow, what a proud people trying to maintain their historic culture"

>Europeans beg for the possibility of maybe having less immigrants
>"racist!"

Hmmmmm

Nice rhetoric there Pham. Did you read that on huffington? Let me guess, you also think Trump is Orange Hitler.

Japanese are hideously racist and anyone who says otherwise is a naive retard.

>Japanese tell immigrants to fuck off
>"Wow, what a proud people trying to maintain their historic culture"

What, no Liberal ever says that

So why isn't the whole world in conspiracy against the Japanese to indoctrinate them with progressivism and flood them with the immigrants they deserve?

In hindsight, getting the Republican nomination was guaranteed in 2015 once he'd announced these three policies:
1) Deport illegal immigrants
2) Build wall on Mexican border
3) Ban incoming Muslims

He read the Republican voters better than the GOP itself.

this image is incomplete without the smiling asian woman in the back

I guess the Japanese just don't give a shit what the rest of the world thinks.

>Japanese are hideously racist

I think you mean "beautifully."

>So why isn't the whole world in conspiracy against the Japanese to indoctrinate them with progressivism and flood them with the immigrants they deserve?

Er, I got news for you kid.

They are.

They will once they've no one to take care of their mostly elderly population

Yeah, I know there is. That's the plot of the new Final Fantasy game, it's about a young Japanese prince reclaiming the ancient throne and protecting Japan from the industrial, globalist empire.

The British have had accepted tens of millions of immigrants since at least 1919. I'm pretty sure they're just tired of gypsies and Middle Eastern refuse.

It certainly is racism but I think a lot of people are starting to wake up to the fact that racism is not inherently evil. Shrill complaints about racism maybe aren't as effective at quashing dissent anymore. Trump's success speaks to that. I wonder if in ten or twenty years multiculturalism will be as outmoded as Prohibition.

Trump is shit Clinton is shit and neither are literature NEXT

Zizek is good and literature though

>Shrill complaints about racism maybe aren't as effective at quashing dissent anymore.
This is definitely true, and if anything it's driving people to be even more racist. The left fucking shat the bed on this one.

Nope he's philosophy so he belongs on Veeky Forums

>Combating racism - by attacking white people in the media, discriminating against them, and denigrating their achievements.

What could go wrong? Looks like the shoe is on the other foot and I don't even feel sorry for them, although it sucks that some truly innocent Muslims are going to get caught in the crossfire.

I don't really get why leftists have been pushing so hard for Muslims anyway. Islam is a conservative faith. It'd be like leftists supporting evangelical Christians.

>What is 'enemy of my enemy' for $500, Alex?

Demarcating Muslims into innocent and non-innocent (e.g. the poisoned skittles shit) is the essence of Islamophobia, just fyi.

Probably because they think consigning a people to a life of hell based on their religion is morally reprehensible.

>Islamophobia
>Real

Wonder how many white conservatives support death for treason

>death for treason
woaaah!! so radical
is that really your trump card?

Get back to me when they're throwing gay guys like Milo Yiannoupoulos off a roof.

>Being gay is treason

Yeah, maybe if your religion is a totalitarian political system.

>Not helping someone is the same as hurting them

You lefties are all the same. I suppose you buy every homeless person you see a hot meal and a pair of socks, because you like helping people so much.

I definitely am an Islamophobe, but I resent the implication that my beliefs are somehow unfounded or irrational. Even on a purely aesthetic level Islam is gross; so slavish and beige. It takes all the worst aspects of Protestantism and then jumbles them around with the worst lessons from the Old Testament, and people wonder why the adherents are famous for slaughtering women and children.

trolleyproblem.jpg

>slaughtering women
Epic gynocentrism, you sexist cunt. They murder vastly more men.

If you would pull the lever you deserve to be gassed imo desu

that infograph has been debunked a million times

you'll find a higher percentage of american christians who would like bible law than american muslims who would like sharia law

>Even on a purely aesthetic level Islam is gross; so slavish and beige.

when young snarky lit posters talk geopolitics

>that infograph has been debunked a million times

Please link the debunking.

As it is, Pew is arguably the most respected polling body.

Well that says more about muslims living in America, than it says about Islam, because there's something like 30% of British Muslims that want the death penalty for homosexuality.

Hillary is already burning it, why wouldn't he recommend voting for her.

>the establishment in Human form is burning the establishment

I don't think so.

Sharia law isn't a part of Qur'an, it would make more sense if the comparison was between positive law in the papal states in 1300.

The establishment isn't the world. She's burning Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan etc.

>Sharia law isn't a part of Qur'an

Really doesn't matter though, because only a minority of Muslims are Quranists.

As a slav I only find pragmatism in Hillary for her support of NATO. Other than that IDC. Vote for trump is vote for waldo, this is what late capitalism results in.

I just dont want Putin to annex half of the europe

kill your self pleb

The last time this was posted, I pointed out that the endorsement is a deliberately provocative act designed to get attention for the endorser

The Japanese are not notorious self-haters. They are quite un-western in that regard

i don't understand the fear that's being cultivated in Baltic countries and other russkies neighbours. Russia is in a whole load of shit as it is, what would it stand to gain from annexing incompetent states who survive by leeching off EU?

cold war is still going on

On one hand Hillary is a warmongering maniac who has been a part of the main child trafficking organization in the US and has been the biggest arms dealer in this century.
On the other, the last time a Clinton was a president, Serbia got bombed.

If they don't, I will

More like ironically Stalinist
youtube.com/watch?v=JA60L_NQYm0

>Trump
>working class

Nick Land supports Clinton
everyone smart knows America is sinking, it would be better if your enemy was at the helm when it finally goes under

He's on point. Hillary is a scary Bush 2.0 type neocon with too many friends in Saudi Arabia.
Trump could actually change the political landscape somewhat, directly or indirectly (my guess is he'd mostly just lay back).

The same NATO that includes members like Turkey?
Putin/Russia isn't a threat to anybody in Europe. At least as long as Hillary doesn't start shit.