Antiderivative of x-1?

I admit, I'm a fucking brainlet, but what is the antiderivative of f(x)=1/x? I'm sure that I can find the answer in my textbook or on google, but I thought you guys could need some fuel for your superiority complexes, and I'm therefore asking you.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=antiderivative of 1/x
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

are you retarded?
it's log(x) this is literally precalc tier. Every fucking book on calculus has tables for the most common antiderivatives.

Proving it is something more complicated I guess.

lmgtfy.com/?q=antiderivative of 1/x

It was neither on the table of common derivatives nor in the index, hence I'm asking.

Kek nice one OP.
I'm starting to recognise your posts now.

it's actually quite easy to prove.

>proving it
>not defining it as such

>Brainlets thinking log(x) is the antiderivative of 1/x

You are but like children, 1/x is defined on all of R but log(x) is only defined on R+

did you just divide by 0

Did you just assume his autism?

my autismy sense was tingling

Why don't calc books ever mention a general rule for the antiderivative of a log with base b? I mean, you can easily prove it using parts, but is it really that trivial that they don't even bother to show it?

I'm pretty sure it's actually ln(|x|)

Trivialist thing to ever exist in mathematics, only grade A retards are incapable of immediately deriving it.

>log(x) is only defined on R+

the inverse of e^x, log(x), is defined on all of C except zero
the antiderivative of 1/x, log(|x|), is also defined on all of C except zero

1/x = x^-1

add 1 to the exponent gives you x^0, then simply divide by 0 (since dirivatives are limits you're allowed to divide by 0 in this case)

x^0/0 = 1/0 = infinity.

Motherfucker this better be bait

I think log(x) is better defined as "the inverse function of exp(x)."

>the inverse of e^x
The exponential function as a function [math] \mathbb{C} \to \mathbb{C} [/math] is not injective, which means it doesn't have an inverse function.

Seems like a very clever brainlet Honeypot. Well done OP

>Proving it is something more complicated I guess.
not really.

It is not log (x) it is ln (|x|) you god damn monkeys

>Proving it is something more complicated I guess.

Use the chain rule to prove what the derivative of the inverse of a function is, use the fact that you know the derivative of e^x, and call it done.

get a load of this guy

also thats why antiderivative of 1/x is log|x|

with change of base formula the base just becomes a constant so i dont see why it needs to be shown

log|x|

Are you preten-
>1/x is defined on all of R