What does Veeky Forums think of such mena thinkers as Fakhr Al-Din Al-Razi, Ibn al-Rawandi, Abu Bakr al-Razi...

What does Veeky Forums think of such mena thinkers as Fakhr Al-Din Al-Razi, Ibn al-Rawandi, Abu Bakr al-Razi, Abu-I-Husayn Al-Basri and the Mu'tazili school?

Halal as fuck habibi or haram behead the kaffir?

explain picture
is that from tess?

Pic related only to attract people to thread
Yes indeed it is from Tess

Oh and why I made this thread is that I've been thinking if Islam is at all compatible modern Europe, so I ended up researching some rational Islam and wondering that could Europe make Islam rational in the same way we made Christianity rational since, as Bauer put it, European Christianity owes more to Stoicism than Judaism.
It seems though the rationality based Mu'tazili schools texts are hard to come by and I'm not ready to invest 60 euros per book in stores.
So ITT: Civilized discussion on the uses of Islam, Islam in Europe, rationality in religion and so forth

What do you call rational?

From Merriam-Webster
: based on facts or reason and not on emotions or feelings

Here the facts or reason are preferably empirically achieved evidence and emotions or feelings are the religious writings of Islam (Quran, Hadith, etc.)

I was going to read some Arab thinkers but haven't done so yet, so can't contribute to the thread. But hope to discuss this in the future.

ho another spook. Also, empirical evidence is an oxymoron. Take a few weeks to define yourself what proof is, then catch up with 100 years of philosophy of science, epistemology, history of science and science itself.

le spook haha!! spook spooky spook! spooooook! hahaha!!

Kek I knew it was coming the second I read the misleading question

However it is my firm believe that all things are, in the end, existing as matter and as such the word of Allah of the Quran is not to be taken as seriously for proof rather than words that you can exchange with another person

Religion always makes assumptions which deal with things outside of the universe. Facts are things known from inside this framework. How can any religion be rational in any way ?

>European Christianity owes more to Stoicism than Judaism
Paul literally btfos the stoics in Acts

Nevermind what Paul said or did, as a whole european christianity does owe itself more to to the greeks than jews

Mostly garbage or stolen content from ancient greece or Indian sources.

>christianity does owe itself more to to the greeks than jews
i mean yeah, the gentiles were the ones who tended to be open to the teachings of Jesus

which works did you read, i wonder?
you didn't made christianity rational, you abandoned it. christianity and islam can be considered equal in terms of rationalty (and i would even say that islam is less irrational in its own) and neither can be made rational. no abrahamic religion is compatible with modern europe. for a person of belief to be compatible with western world of today, he has to give up aspects of his belief.

holy shit im asian and

wtf i love white women now

You make like Bernard Lewis' "What went wrong?" I haven't read it, but have read a collection of middle eastern primary sources collected and commented on by him, and suspect that "what went wrong" will be right up your alley.

From the book I did read, the gist I got in reference to your question is that Islam has a much more rigid structure than christianity, existing entirely as both church and state. It is difficult if not impossible to reform it and remain faithful to the tenets on which it was founded, and so Islam finds itself embracing western technological modernization, but continuing to reject the progressive thought (largely encapsulated by the enlightenment in Europe) which actually enables a culture to innovate and bring about that modernization.

Again it was just a brief part of the book I read, and I imagine there is much more to it to be found in "what went wrong" which is entirely about that topic.

>and i would even say that islam is less irrational in its own
>Muhammad split the moon and rode a winged horse with an angel's face to heaven
>rational

i said less irrational, do you have trouble comprehending written text?
either that or you are a christian and in that case i am sorry you got offended

>you didn't made christianity rational, you abandoned it
Exactly, this is what I want to do to Islam in Europe too. That it would become merely symbolic and nothing really serious

Thanks mate, will check it out

well then it is no longer Islam, so what's the point of looking back into "Islamic" thinkers?
by the way, it is much harder to turn islam into a mere cultural symbol. islam reinforces itself in everyday life at every chance, muslims are completely defined by islam, while christianity is a lot weaker in this sense.