Any one from Harvard?tell us how u get into it

Any one from Harvard?tell us how u get into it

Sucking cocks

replaced a guy from a rich wasp family, tom ripley style

if you're trying to get into harvard's grad school for math:
> have multiple publications
>have reference letter from Fields medalist
>have straight A's

You need like above a 3.9 GPA in highschool, close to perfect ACT or SAT, some high SAT II subject tests, and then you need to have extra curriculars that show the admissions office that you are a leader or ok extracurriculars+good legacy/minority (its effectively the same thing to Ivies)

How much legacy helps is also dependent on how much the alumni parent does. While just being legacy will boost you a bit, if your parent has done nothing it will function at most as a tie breaker between you and other borderlines. However if your alumni parent has done a lot (for example, donated considerable money and helped many grads of that college get jobs) then it will actively boost you and put getting into the school pretty easy assuming you have good grades.

Nope not enough. You also need a perfect essay and something special.

t. reject

>3.9 Gpa
Jesus christ, you must be autistic

What would I need to get in if I were black?

If you didn't get in, you were too stupid to look up what you needed to do to get into an Ivy.

If you did get in, you're still stupid. Why aren't you going to MIT or Caltech instead?

I say 3.9 (unweighted) because above that its irrelevant. Having a high ACT/SAT and GPA is just the benchmark for them to consider your application, you need to give them a lot more than just that. Unless you are lucky.

The essay part is implied. Being special can supplant leadership but for the average person its much easier to be a leader than some special kid.

Also this only applies to HYPSM, not the other Ivies or other schools.

Took 12 AP courses in high school, had straight A's, was Student Body Pres my Senior year (was in Gov. for all 4 years), was on 3 Varsity sports, did sports outside of school and tournaments since I was like 4, was an Eagle Scout (don't laugh), was on Academic Decathlon, worked part time on weekends (like 3 hours) and full time over the summers, helped organize charity events for school and city by partnering up with City Council, was on the band at my Church (became Agnostic my freshman year, but kept going out of fear God was real and I'd burn in hell, now IDGAF), had 1 very reliable GF from Jr high that really really helped me out, had 35 ACT, 2280 SAT, also worked for Political Campaigns over the summers starting 8th grade year, local, state, and federal elections and campaigns, (got recommendations from my state's Senator and Governor), did a decent amount of volunteer work at soup kitchen and animal shelter (mom is huge at helping there and is known throughout it), helped raise money to buy new stoves and grills for soup kitchen, and that's pretty much it

I applied to:
>Harvard
>Yale
>Princeton
>MIT
>Stanford
>Berkeley
>U Chicago
>UCLA
>Columbia
>CalTech
>Naval Academy
>Military Academy
>Oxford (for the hell of it)
>Cambridge (for the hell of it)

got into: Harvard, U Chicago, UCLA, both Academies, and CalTech

to get into the others I think I would've had to be some ultra savant autist taking Numerical Analysis my freshman year of High School or something

My major was Economics, but now I have kept that major and added Political Science for a double major.

>Eagle Scout
HAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHA

if i have military experience, have a minority background, volunteered for red cross, and have a decent gpa from undergrad studies overseas, can i get into harvard?

Are you Jewish? How the fuck you can do all of that?

With all you did I'm surprised every one of those schools wasn't sucking your dick.

>3 varsity sports

impossible as they'd overlap in schedules.

pretty surprised you didn't get into berkeley, I got in and I didn't have a fraction of the extracurriculars you had.

Nope. Cross Country, Track, and Baseball

i'm thinking of doing basketball and swimming would that be viable?

Eagle Scout honestly wasn't hard to get

There was nothing you could do to get into the others besides Yale, you got hardcore Tuft Syndrome'd

No they wouldn't, not unless your school had an abnormally early preseason and your team went deep in a state or national championship.

As long as you enjoy em. I can promise you that will get you girls though doing both of those

Are you an "underrepresented minority"?

> friend, Chinese-American
> valedictorian, 2240 SAT, 34 ACT
> passed 9 AP exams, one 4 and rest are 5's
> president of 2 clubs + cross country + swimming
> volunteered to "help the poor" kappa
> had an internship at the hospital during senior year of high school
> worked part-time jobs throughout high school

Rejected from UC Berkeley, UCLA, Stanford

> tfw this random native american chick our school got into UC Berkeley for the same major
I felt bad for her when she told me that she didn't get into any schools in California.

i don't know i have trouble organizing different activities together like that. im currently trying to figure out how in next fall ill organize it with being in reserves and trying to do RA stuff with my professor. i know it's super rare for undergrads to be an RA but i am really interested in superconductors and wanted to help out in any way i can.

Nope, White. I honestly think I got into Harvard because of having the letters of recommendation I got. The Governor and Senator both went to Harvard

>Did all that just to end in economics
Yea, I know you are pretty much set for life, but nigger ypu don goofed

a-are slavs an underrepresented minority? or are we considered white in this on?

I'm not sure if you meant to respond to my post? I'm confused

Nope, I've gotten to do research over the summer as well as during both semesters so far. I'm applying for an IB analyst internship as well so hopefully I get that. Trying to keep all my options open

they are in fact overrepresented in terms of nationality

Are Basketball and Swimming not both in the same season?

Anyway, I did swimming throughout high school and had a ton of fun with it. Also an amazing way to keep yourself in shape

Tbh senpai, I think slavs are considered White. If your skin is white, then you are probably not an underrepresented minority. Not even Southeast Asians are underrepresented minorities, I think.

Its called Tufts Syndrome, named after Tufts University which is a school infamous for being a safety to Harvard applicants and committed the act about to be described. Basically top schools are very interested in keeping their yield % from admits high for stats, so when they see an applicant who is as outstanding as that poster as well as the other schools they are applying to, they deny them because they are extremely unlikely to accept if they were admitted. Tufts does this a lot, although they are very good in their own right. He definitely got Tufts'd by Berkely, and I assume that Columbia is a typo because their admissions would either have to be very arrogant or very ballsy to Tufts him, but then again nothing is guaranteed.

That probably just pushed you over the edge so to speak

i meant more like my daily schedule not having enough time for me to do my other activities (music/car racing/etc). im a hobbyist to the core.

ic, makes sense.

>harvard undergrad
>good
lmao. my MIT buddies and I go to harvard for summer courses because it's a free A

>tfw your parents didn't groom you to be an ivy robot

Not him but its not fun. If your parent didn't go to an Ivy they won't understand and will overwhelm you. If your parent did go to an Ivy they will understand but you will constantly be living in their shadow. Massive self esteem issues.

honestly isn't impressive.

Either you and her were delusional or simply you two grew up in some shitty area where everyone is basically autistic.

>
I forgot to mention that she battled leukemia, depression, anxiety, autism, and depersonalization & derealization disorder. She also won the spelling bee in 3rd grade, and is paraplegic. She's also deaf and blind so her story is very inspiring.

Probably botched the delivery of the story then royally.

This thread makes me realize how much of a loser I am

At least you had a funner life, r-right user.

Not even, I've been a neet since I was 15 and I am almost 30
Going to kill myself soon actually

>implying
Uni doesn't define anything other than how much can you fit right into the system.
And there is nothing wrong with not fitting right in.

>the right system
like the social, academic and workplace environments of the first world?

EZ-PZ Mode:

Have parents with income 150-200,000+

Be from NYC/CA/Northeast

Attend:

Phillips Exeter Academy
Phillips Academy (Andover)

Have the above and try slightly you'll get into at least HYPS or if you slack a bit Brown, Cornell and that other school that starts with a D.

Much easier to have parents as lawyers from the northeast that are HYPS alums and attend one of the above secondary schools... like honestly so easy to do. barely have to do much more than exist.

dunno why ppl think its so hard

I imagine most people on Veeky Forums didn't grow up very affluent
> poorfag

lmao good luck senpai

> decent gpa
There's a reason you said "decent" instead of "stellar", or just 4.0. No, but apply anyways so you can cross out that "what if?"

Being from NYC makes it slightly harder as you are put in competition with the minorities and other rich alum children. Its better in suburban or rural areas with good schools where you don't compete against as many minorities or rich alum children.

Not if you are from the Hamptons and can literally have your grandfather make a phone call. You dunno what it's like kek. it's easy as shit to get into one of these schools. if you fail then maybe you end up at duke or Dartmouth

there are plenty of people that got in, with none of that, while still being white and male. in all truthfullness what I have just described is the majority, at almost any top college.

My post is not about the other people that get in. I'm saying if you are from that group i described you're basically an auto-admit and people should stop saying it's hard to get in kek. if you fail then at worst get into brown or something but who would fail if they try just a lil?

because it sounds like you are reiterating a 50 year old narrative of the WASPs unfairly flying into harvard or whatever on connections alone of which has no real basis in the current political climate of top schools. the subject will the insinuate that those who do not believe him are naive about real world affairs

It's basically 100% you'll get in because the schools I mentioned ensure you do with the SAT prep and EC prep.
They design their curriculum around you getting into an ivy. You sound butt hurt

how do I sound butthurt in anyway. if anyones butthurt its the guy who went on an irritable rant about WASPs living on autopilot

you have to do the secret handshake

ravioli ravioli six-figure-donation-oli

>harvard's grad school for math
what's the best grad school for math, period?

Probably ENS.

ens?

princeton or mit

>ens?

Ecole Normale Superieure.

I applied to each Ivy League school back in 2005 when the SAT was out of 1600

Had a 4.2 GPA and a 1360 on SAT, but rejected from Harvard / Yale / Stanford / Princeton but acceptances from Dartmouth, Brown, Columbia, and Penn.

I was Asian and didn't have any extracurricular sports, only thing I did was "Math Club."

t. Dartmouth undergrad, UW grad
>tip to get into Harvard: Don't be Asian or Caucasian, they prefer people of the browner hue persuasions.

This. I NEED to die.

Delusion. Every person I've ever known that went to Harvard was a rich white kid.

your chances increase tenfold if you're URM tho

Why did you settle for Dartmouth lmao

Well I am pretty sure Harvard is majority minority now by like half a % and if you look at their website its mostly not rich white kids, its relatively balanced.

He got a 1360 on the SAT, its a fucking miracle he got into Dartmouth. The SAT is 1600 again, and 1360 is awful if you want to get into the Ivies.

>I was Asian
Damn didn't know people change their ethnicities these days.
Fucking Transracials

>applied to both Oxford and Cambridge
Nigga that's bullshit you can't apply to both of them, they have some kind of agreement going on. It's the same with Harvard and Stanford (I might be wrong, maybe 2 other top-tier US unis).
And getting into either Cambridge or Oxford is a walk in the park. I don't know about the US unis but here you have to not be retarded, have decent grades and have maybe one or two extracurricular activities. Either that or be reasonably good at the subject you applied for (be in the top 10-ish in your country's National Maths Olympiad in high school, for example). I even had a refference letter written by my no-name school teacher.
T. user accepted into Cambridge

>You can't apply to Cambridge and Oxford at the same time
>You can't apply to Harvard and Stanford at the same time

what the frick are you talking about?

>what is google
Excuse the phoneposting degeneracy, lads.

You can't apply to both Oxford and Cambridge because of an agreemenr enforced by the government. You can apply to both Stanford and Harvard, I have absolutely no clue where that came from especially considering Yale is Harvard's counterpart and is usually considered equal to Harvard and top 3 with the other school in top 3 being Stanford. The only Ivy Stanford has anything to do with historically is Cornell.

Before I get assaulted by autists I am referring to them as an overall college not just stem, top 3 stem is obviously Stanford, MIT, Caltech.

over a 3.5 and decent extra curriculars

>That one guy at my high school who made a point of making a wall of shame in the cafeteria to tape up college rejection letters even though no one else was interested
>Fast forward, there are exactly seven rejection letters on the wall, from all seven Ivies, all belonging to that same guy
>Hey man it's cool, there are a lot of good universities in this state, and I don't see any rejection letters from them.
>Nope, he didn't apply to any other schools.
Dumb fucker had to go to community college for a semester before transferring to a big state school.

Why not just apply to other top 10 Uni's?

He was an idiot.
The school he ended up at is consistently ranked in the 20s anyway.

actual oxford reject here, you cant apply to both oxford and cambridge so I know you're lying. As a sidenote, if you were black you would have easily gotten in to all these school. I know a couple people who went to Cambridge from when I lived in England and one of them is really not that smart, just a hard worker. The only one I know who got into Harvard was a black girl who was obviously a diversity pick.

both my parents went to an ivy(granted it was cornell) and i literally don't feel like this at all even though I'm at an average state school. I do have an inferiority complex about not getting in to top schools though, so I guess you're right about that :^)

I got an inferiority complex and low self esteem but got over them in the middle of high school

>worked part time on weekends (like 3 hours)

same brah feelsbadman

>not just being from a rich WASP family
You have to go back
Oh and btw Harvard is way more full of jews than it is WASPs

>tfw you will never be an ivy league STEM major

just end me now

CalTech but not MIT. Evidence that admissions is a crapshoot and there's no guarantee or silver bullet.

>what is legacy admits

I mean, they aren't specifically targeting WASPy kids, nor are they letting any retard with money and pale skin tone in, but having parents that are alumni is one of the greatest boosts to any college application. It just so happens that there is a significant segment of the upper and professional classes that went to the Ivies and other top schools. A lot of the people in this demographic just happen to be WASPs.

they aren't targeting WASPy kids at all. they're targeting jewish kids

>targeting Jewish kids
no they aren't, putting that you are Jewish on your app actually hurts you because they are effectively an ORM. They get around it by just not stating that they are a jew, which Asians can't.

>and then you need to have extra curriculars that show the admissions office that you are a leader or ok extracurriculars+good legacy/minority (its effectively the same thing to Ivies)
this is so stupid
I am glad that in europe, those activities do not count.

>Oh and btw Harvard is way more full of jews than it is WASPs
he was a jew from a rich wasp like Trump's son in law

t. definitely not the mexican impersontating jared kushner

I am that poster and I personally like the British system (which is achievable in the US) and then the Swiss system (which is not achievable). I benefit from legacy although I would probably be in about the same place in each system going by my test scores, meaning like the equivilent of lower Ivy or high-non Ivy.

good. There is absolutely no reason to be obsessed with ivy schools
just fucking do math

Med fag here. Is getting into a Harvard masters program difficult if you come frome a foreign med school (in the top 10 schools of the country) with average grades but excellent experience such as publishing and research?

Of course you buffoon. Each program only accepts more or less 20 students a year. Are you in the top 50 or so students in your field in the world? No? Good luck.

>Is it difficult to get into literally the best grad school in the world from literally anywhere
Hmm I wonder