Why would someone who has a very high IQ achieve nothing worthwhile in his life?

Why would someone who has a very high IQ achieve nothing worthwhile in his life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Society doesn't promote people with high IQ . It promotes people who society habilities.

>It promotes people who society habilities.
spotted the low-IQ brainlet who thinks hes smart.

Bad luck, no motivation, born in wrong era.

cuz book smart aint street smart

Lack of ambition. Apathy. Just because you can achieve something doesn't mean you're compelled to. What if the man with the highest potential in the world is out there somewhere and only gets enjoyment out of playing games and degrading prostitutes?

this

if you dont have the drive to accomplish something you wont amount to anything, no matter how smart you are

I joined MENSA at 18 - IQ measured at 129.

I have achieved nothing in life. I'm lazy and apathetic. I earn average wage working in IT for a small bank. I have little energy or ambition. Genetics and environment have made me this way. IQ is bullshit.

Modern society rewards good looks by far above all else, then shamelessness, stupidity, narcissism, sociopathic tendencies, etc. A Pewdiepie or a Kardashian is a good example of how you can be wildly successful while having no respectable or interesting qualities. Some people describe this phenomenon with buzzwords like "work ethic" or "drive" to ease their cognitive dissonance on the issue. That's where stupidity is useful, you can trick yourself with irrational beliefs into retaining a zest for life.

Somewhere towards the bottom of the list are traits like intelligence, empathy, fair-mindedness, etc. Since intelligence is so ill-rewarded, a very common pitfall is to become bitter and angry and then ultimately apathetic and nihilistic.

>who
>not using the dative case

i am 18 and have the same IQ, i fear this, any tips to avoid this? it feels like i'm heading toward that.

Does not MENSA requiered at least a +130 IQ? If you got a 129 IQ you would be out due lacking a pair of points.

>130-129=2

Because money, there are a number of high IQ individuals who will steer clear of anything related to academia because it doesn't bring in money.

This is especially true if you come from a poor or low income family where taking care of your folks and siblings is high priority.

Many people forget Marie Curie as a "Nobel winner" almost didn't happen because she was concerned about the health of her folks.

Because IQ is bullshit, and idiots latch on it as an excuse for being dumb shits, accepting the idea that they are smart and that their current position is because of external factors and not their fault.

IQ is just a made up number, for dumb people to circlejerk and use as a cane, if you really think it makes any difference on your achievements you should probably log out of the internet and look at the world around you.

>book smart
... a phrase used by those who have not opened a book in the past decade
>street smart
... a phrase used by society's marginal "street people" — bums, hookers, pimps, etcetera

Doesn't fucking matter brainlet 129

quit being so selfish and get out there and help other people. it's gratifying. ever think of that, genius?

Literally too intelligent to achieve something

>wanting to help other people after you figured out that people are scum

Be an alcoholic :^)

define worthwhile

Well I'm pretty gifted. My iq as if it mattered is at least 140. I got a 35 (out of 36) on the ACT my first try and desu was extremely disappointed I didn't get a perfect since the test was easy as fuck. Now, there were dozens of people in my school with high scores too so I don't think this is logical but a 35 at the time qualifies you for the triple 9 society. I've always been in the 99.9th percentile and my vocabulary according to one test was another 9 lol

I remember realizing paradoxes Aristotle came up with when I was 5 and the new way to make ethanol out of thin air when I was 16. So I think I'm reasonably intelligent. Two things have always held me back. The first was that the other smart kids weren't much fun. I was poor. Low class. The second was my dumbass parents fucked me up with religion and telling me that poor kids don't go to good schools because money. And just being extremely abusive and druggie. Come to find out at the end of high school most good schools are needblind and offer full need.

I was a pretty big asshole in school. Along with having no confidence. I actually have a pretty high social intelligence but you still get fuckedat times because small town favoritism and whatnot but if I didn't have a chip on my shoulder I probably could've had anything I wanted.

I could never decide which area of academia I would focus on.

Despite all this I can't really answer your question. I was misinformed and idk I couldn't manage to find the truth. Idk why other smart people just fail because fuck it. I would've been valedictorian if I even bothered and would've been working at CERN or some shit by now. But I'm 26 and not killing myself has just done more and more damage. I know exactly how scummy this world is and lemme tell ya it's pretty scummy from top to bottom

you don't have to worry about that, man.

Because your IQ is too low. 129 is not that good. Don't think you're special, because you're still only slightly above average, and keep working.

Are you retarded?

>tfw 118 IQ
I feel like a brainlet, smart enough to think bigger than the average shitter but too dumb to grasp complex subjects.

It's almost like "IQ" means fucking nothing and is used by a crutch for people who need to feel superior to others without having any actual accomplishments to their name

Because you have no ambition or goals.

If you're intelligent you really can do almost anything you want with your life. And if you browse Veeky Forums for fun you are intelligent.

But you have to actually DO it, you have to sit at your desk and study everyday. Find a goal and work towards it constantly, it should be on your mind 24/7 and the most important thing in your life.

Probably the people you know won't be able to understand this. You have to recognise that they are LOSERS and cut them out of your life, even if they are your parents.

You can't succeed if you don't try. It's hard at first but you have to keep trying. it's ok to fail at something as long as you don't give up.

Spoken like a true wagecuck!

do u even lift, manning

129 qualifies for MENSA? 137 with Aspie here, might have to check it out

> Why would someone who has a very high IQ achieve nothing worthwhile in his life?

youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

Laziness. It's obvious really. I don't know why someone would make a thread asking thinks.

This is completely wrong on all aspects. You should flip the coin and make the richies needy of you instead of the other way around, being needy of them.

You seem really jaded and biased, user.
Pewdiepie got successful not because of his looks but because he started making youtube gameplays before everyone else and of his charisma.
Furthermore, intelligence and empathy are very rewarded in our society. It's just not about just having these qualities, but about using them in the right way. Many autists are very intelligent but unable to achieve success because they lack empathy. Many people (specially women) have a lot of empathy butg they use it every time and that also keeps them away from success because they are suffering everytime because they keeping feeling other people's pains just for the sake of it.

Lol no. He got successful because he was selected for having the qualities necessary to make the real skilled ppl buttmad and needy for success.

He was selected because at the time he started there was no one else to be selected. If he started his channel today he's hardly be successful.
This is economics 101. If you are lucky enough to do something that people somehow enjoy before everyone else has the same idea, you'll get rich with it. It's the most logical reason. There's no reason to put conspiracy stuff in the middle of it.

That's hardly conspiracy stuff. I suggest you take a psychology 101 and you would realize that.

One among many reasons is that people stop trying after achieving a certain level of comfort.

Anyone can grasp complex subjects. Of course intelligent people can grasp them faster than other people. Even if you have an IQ of 100 you can understand rocket science thouroughly if given enough time.
Now, if you mean creating new complex stuff, that's indeed for very few people.

This is very true. You win the price of best post of this thread. Here take a catbear.

I like how the only good reply is responded to negatively by neets who have never worked towards a goal in their life post-highschool

That's not true. It's probably just you who choose to not acknowledge the goals they are aiming for because they don't fit your wishes.

In western world yes, not so much in eastern countries (think china, japan, sk even india lmao).

>catbear.
I think you mean bear cat.

Because of the realization that has been ruined by memes that
>nothing
>really
>matters
>(except reproducing)

Why reproducing would matter.

Because it's easier to do nothing than do something worthwhile.

At least you're doing better than all the other MENSA members.

Usually one of these two.

Because that's what ""life"" is
very, very complex machines that try their best to keep working, or equally produce offspring

we are no different from unicellular creatures in that regard

Is there a single good thing that has ever come from mensa?

Fuck those guys. They're all worthless shitbags. Every single one of them.

Why would they bother when they can live comfortably?

Society is nothing more than brainlet monkeys using the knowledge of the genetic elite to function. Brainlets value social skills more than rational intelligence leading to humans with high intelligence being ostracized because if you dont act like a stupid monkey that thinks hedonism is the prime of reality then clearly something is wrong with you. Honestly brainlets need to be seperated from intelligent humans, its the brainlets behind all the bad things in humanity, all we did was invent things to improve their lives and they repay us by bullying us and calling us geeks and losers, its to be expected from apes that would still be in the forest of Europe without us.

>get out there and help other people
Helping people is a mental illness, the only reason to aid someone is if there is a benefit for you.

>Calling others a brainlet when you fucked up that badly

Because often wage and profit of business not linked with personal IQ. At least in mine country

By picking the wrong field, it's a lottery.

>129
>intelligent

> Many people (specially women) have a lot of empathy

- women
- empathy

Pick one, mate

Define "worthwhile". To each person, that is a different thing. I doubt someone with a high IQ is any better at giving him/herself purpose.

Oh they have empathy if you're another woman, a child or a beta male with no reproductive prospects.

unless your IQ is in the

Got a citation for that?

iq 140+ here. because:
- "highly gifted" feels pretty normal every day. no unicorns and princesses: staying motivated is no matter of iq
- "success" is a result of a) taking your abilitites to your limit, which is exhausting because of work is work, no matter whether iq is 80 or 180, and b) appreciation by others, which is a matter of demand you usually cannot enforce

I prefer doings things I like, not things other consider "worth something".

Same IQ here. Keep in mind that to the average shitter views you in the same manner you view 140+ IQ individuals.

But why follow your "path" as a life form? What is the reward for it? An eternity in heaven? Feasting everyday with other warriors?

Asimov was part of mensa. He left it because they were too arrogant though.

>implying living in your very own shack in the wilderness and sending bombs isn't an achievement

>Asimov was part of mensa. He left it because they were too arrogant though.
That is my opinion of them. It's to be expected about guys who try for the most complicated.
Asimov had expertise in lots of areas, and he wrote science books to simplify science for children.
People focus on one or two subjects but neglect all the other, even more important, studies.

I never said we have to follow that path
But OP asked why many intelligent people achieve nothing in their life, and I think what OP thinks of as accomplishment is probably financial success.
What I meant is that financial success is meaningless in the "grand" scale of it
Curiosity for the sake of curiosity is probably the most logical way to spend life, if you acknowledge that there is no other predefined meaning.

the "smart but lazy" meme.

Because you're garbage. Its really easy to achive shit with high iq in society these days all you have to do is show them but you didnt because you have none