Wittgenstein

What does Veeky Forums think of this man?

great man love him and i really like how he was a bit autistic and his life story. solved philosophy once and for all

>a bit

I'm looking forward to the inevitable biopic with Peter Capaldi in the lead role.

good lad but didnt solve a single thing. also shouldnt have pulled those ears that hard

I seriously believe that people from Veeky Forums have never read him yet they talk about him as if he was their friend or something. I really don't know how they do it? I haven't read him but it amazes me how good people is for talking about books/authors that never read.

Professional pseuds

He's good, but

>Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must write in the Tractatus Logico-philosophicus.

was reaaaaally lame.

I felt very stupid after reading Tractatus.

I liked him in True Detective

A wacky meme of a man.

um what

So should I even read Tractatus if it's been debunked by himself in philosophical investigations?

yes. not only is it a quicker read, but they way that the thought develops in front of you, finalized in the last proposition, is really satisfying.

and he didnt exactly debunk himself but instead reformulated the subject of analysis, focusing on how language operates. you should check out the tractatus and later unfinished works like on certainty to really see how his thought developed.

>whine about how useless and autistic work of modern philosophers is to the general public
>publishes most useless and autistic works of his day

Wittgenstein in a nutshell

Also...

>spent years designing and redesigning a door handle

Alright thanks

Who or what should I read before Wittgenstein? I know Bertrand Russel but who should I read before him?

>>spent years designing and redesigning a door handle

>One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Underrated

secondary literature on Wittgenstein.

Cryptomaterialist shitter.

He claims his book is for those who had the kind of thoughts already and not for those who hadn't.

He's the finest, funniest unintentional comedian I've ever read.

He's actually a mystic in disguise.

I'm facing the tractatus right now, any advice on how should I read it?

All good philosophers are.

Some knowledge of classical logic, modal logic and predicate logic. If you've time you could read an introduction into frege and russel. Wittgensteins project is to develop an ideal language of logic (other wise known as linguistic turn or analytical philosophy),where in the big problems could either be solved or shown to be an artifact of language. Leibniz already had this idea in some ways, he wanted to mathematically calculate philosophical questions to determine the answer.