Unsolved problems: how bikes stay upright

>unsolved problems: how bikes stay upright

what is angular momentum?

Other urls found in this thread:

www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~hemh1/gyrobike.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And time for another edition of OP feels smart for answering dumb questions that nobody asked.

Didn't this exact thread just 404?

False. Bikes do not stay upright through gyroscopic forces:
www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~hemh1/gyrobike.htm

how does your mom stay upright while being penetrated by a penis of -1/12 length?

Quality post bro, I'm so glad you bumped this thread for it.

Angular momentum is redirecting vertical to horizontal momentum

Can a person with no sense of balance still learn to ride a bicycle?

see
They stay upright because the human makes them stay upright.

>They stay upright because the human makes them stay upright.
Guess why it's more difficult to make them stay upright when the bike is still.

So how does a bike stay up with nobody on it just from being pushed?

This, kinda.
They stay upright because if they didn't, a human would get hurt. That's why an unoccupied bicycle will fall, even if it's in motion.

Actually it's because quantum physics™ says that when we observe the bike our souls give it the power to stand upright while it's being moved, sort of like how our souls allow us to force an electron to pick a slot.

>That's why an unoccupied bicycle will fall, even if it's in motion.
But it doesn't - it will glide along and self-right.

it's almost like the bike

KNOWS

that it's being looked at

really makes you think

>tfw the subatomic world behaves like this.
Should have picked math.

read 'The Third Policeman'

How its possible to see the gravity from the moon acting on the sea but we can't see sun's gravity acting on earth?
Also earth is orbiting the sun, how come sun's gravity on earth is weaker than the moon's?

Why are there inductors and capacitors inside a computer if it uses direct current?

Well there are a lot of square-like oscillations going on in the logic circuitry. Don't know if that helps.

>How its possible to see the gravity from the moon acting on the sea but we can't see sun's gravity acting on earth?
We can

Yes, I'm in the 0.1st percentile for balance, I can ride a bike. Though getting on the bike, and remaining upright before being at a suitable speed is something I have great difficulty with.

They're mostly used for storing energy (temporarily).

Square wave is not AC.

>Square wave is not AC.
Yes it is. It alternates between 0v and some positive voltage. Transistors need the signal offset to such a range before they can be used, do you mean to tell me that an audio signal is no longer alternating under such circumstances?