Zizek: "I would vote for Trump"

mobile.twitter.com/Channel4News/status/794232437337247744
>Slovenian philosopher Slavoj Žižek says he would opt for Donald Trump as the apparently less dangerous choice in the US election.
Veeky Forums BTFO

who?

I enjoy how this has pretty much not been mentioned at all on this board, yet I'm sure everyone here has seen it

The silent kind of butthurt is twice as sweet. It means theyre soo butthurt they don't even wanna talk about it

no one cares boyo

This is literally the third thread I've seen. And you do understand Zizek is a communist?

Are you implying Veeky Forums supports KKKillary?

Fuck, finally common sense prevails.

How can anyone support this crook Clinton.

Not even communists will support her pathological lying or billions of unsolved murder cases.

Really makes you think...

Veeky Forums lefty nu-male ultra cucks BTFO

>clickbait threads
Get out, you scum.

all me

see

Don't be salty. There is plenty of room for discussion here.

You could share your thoughts on political philosophy, and whether or not you disagree with Zizek and why.

You're just shitposting because you're upset.

}}8692960
}five yous
nice

I'm an upset because of the sensationalist nature of this thread, it has nothing to do with Zizek.

Hillary takes money from the Saudis, and her Saudi secretary's family did 911. Not to mention her pathological lying, insatiable killing spree, and witchcraft cultural Marxism. She serves the Jews and takes money from Arabs, all while hailing Satan. How can one person be so evil? If she wins, that's proof this country needs to die.

Well said user

reading is for fags
stop being nerd losers and we'll leave your (((board))) alone

>philosopher

>Communists dislike liberals
A surprise to absolutely no one except far right /pol/ retards who throw around political terms without knowing what any of them actually mean

His argument in the interview basically boils down to Trump being a good tool for leftist accelerationism. Not that I disagree particularly, but I don't think it's as certain as he makes it out to be. I'm just gonna enjoy the salty tears of whoever's side loses; you're both equally despicable.

I hope Trump makes America fascist for the first time.

damn what a badass

you can't not be either a democat or rebulican, it's against thermodyamics

You can easily be neither a democrat and a republican. Stop your memeing, everyone knows that.

This election was never about that. Its about globalism verses nationalism. Call them both spooks if you want, but one or the other is going to determine how you live the rest of your life.

It has begun in europe and it happens in america now. There is no coincidence. Everyone knows we are at the point of make or brake.

If you are a high-agency individual you will choose a side.

Nah come on. It's not even edgy. It's gonna be glorious to see /pol/'s meltdown if Trump loses, and to scroll down my facebook wall to see my """""liberal""""" friends erecting trump-like walls of text about how he's gonna turn america into a fascist state overnight.

If you won't admit this, then you're either a trumpfag or a closet hill-shill

>You can easily be neither a democrat and a republican.
oh shit someone call issac newton and tell him

>His argument in the interview basically boils down to Trump being a good tool for leftist accelerationism.

It really isn't, accelerationism implies letting the state of the world get worse to ferment dissent.

Zizek's argument is that Trump will predominantly be only signal a shift in discourse against the calculating and systematic leadership that Hillary spearheads that is the real threat to humanity.

I'm a nationalist, in the non-/pol/ sense. I don't think it's a spook at all. But doesn't require you to buy into Trump or any of the stuff in Europe. These are the false knee-jerk reactions of people who have been starved of their nationhood and identity by late capitalism

"im gay" - u

>i read one sentence before i replied: the post

>But doesn't require you to buy into Trump or any of the stuff in Europe

It does if you care about cultural identity. I've never bought into the meme that you can have a nationalist identity without a cohesive cultural identity. Mostly because it never happens in theory or practice.

Maybe I was being unfair and vague. But there is definitely the suggestion that the left can channel some of the Trump support, once it has to redirect from the man himself, who will inevitable disappoint. I just don't think it's certain at all that things will work out that way. Trump will disappoint his followers but the question is, where will they go from there. I don't think there's a shortage of charismatic rightists willing to take advantage of this group for more extreme ends than Trump could anticipate.

t. shoahberg shekelstein

I agree but I think Zizek will take that as a given, there's never been a significant rise of the Left without an even more dangerous reactionary contingent on the other side. Its part of the dialectic itself.

Maybe I have a slightly eccentric definition of nationalism, because I come from a country where it has a very different set of associations.

What do you mean by cohesive cultural identity? Lack of immigration or something else?

>burgerland
>cultural identity
L M A O

fucc u letherman

Me too.

Well I just voted for Trump, so I guess that makes me smart like ideologyman

Also voted straight republican and voted no for legalization of marijuana in IL. How did I do?

>living in illinois

>and voted no for legalization of marijuana in IL
*tips fedora*

>smokes pot
Sheeeeeeeiiiiiit

I have no excuse

Lack of immigration, or at least highly controlled immigration, is essential.

Basically what I mean is a sense of identity as a country and as a people. I used to live in New Zealand which is a good example of a country with waning cultural identity (it will me majority asian/indian in 30 years or less).

There are basically no cultural holidays or traditions, other than having a barbecue in the backyard. There is no definable national cuisine, art or anything really other than sport (rugby) which is literally the only thing that brings the country together.

This is result of new zealand being a colony, with a small native population, and then large amounts of immigration all throughout its lifespan.

See also: australia and canada (to a lesser extent)

Compare that to, say, Japan, where everyone speaks japanese, there are clear 'japanese' art forms and cuisine, pass-times, architecture etc, and the country as a whole just feels japanese. You get what I mean.

America and europe are, for the most part, somewhere in the middle. We are living in the time where the long-term future would be decided.

Also for the record, NZ had a higher economic standard of living than where I live now (ohio), but honestly, just having an actual culture and national identity makes life so much more enjoyable (for me, at least).