The earth is a giant donut. Prove me wrong. Protip: You can't

The earth is a giant donut. Prove me wrong. Protip: You can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euler_characteristic
youtube.com/watch?v=uA3Y0Dxosgc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Which would you rather have, a car or a goat?

would you be able to float in the middle of that

Would you be pulled apart?

Antarctica. That'll be all.

Donuts are tasty. The Earth is not tasty.

The goat. I already have a car.

the usual Veeky Forums shit post

well you're not wrong, because a donut and a sphere are topologically equivalent

Where would the North Pole be?

Are homeomorphic objects continuosly homeomorphic through arbitrary but equivalent transformations?

no they are not euler characteristic ain't the same, which is a topological invariant

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euler_characteristic

Force of gravity is rather consistant across the whole of the earth, if the earth was a donut gravity would appear weaker around the hole as the mass from the part of the donut above would exert a force in the opposite direction to the part of the donut you're standing on.

I'd draw I diagram but I'm not THAT autistic.

never use the phrase "topologically equivalent" again you disgusting brainlet

Sadly no. Gravity from the Sun and Moon would scew legrange point 0 (center mass) to be away from the donut center.

But, people standing on the inside of the donut will weigh less and be able to jump higher than normal.

>the arctic and antarctic are the same place
>they are frozen because they're in constant shade from the rest of the planet
>they go beyond their poles by curving inwards towards the other side of the planet
>mfw hyperborea is real

I want this donut to happen.

NAO

but then if you were in greenland, you couldn't see the sky when you look upwards....

The view from Norway would be interesting...

Actual shape of the Earth. I know it is true because some guy on YouTube made a video.

youtube.com/watch?v=uA3Y0Dxosgc

Lost my shit.

Still, the earth is ovular is it not?

it amazes me that someone would spend that amount of time on a video without spending any time looking into what these images actually mean.. gotta be clickbait

it's shaped like an orange

The gravitational pull would balance out on all sides.. It wouldn't be strong enough to pull you apart