Is he the greatest Black Magic author of our time?

At some point I thought that HE would sellout to the main-stream, but he surprised me a great deal by staying true to the number one rule of Witchcraft, which is to never reveal your secrets for monetary gains.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SW6uWus1c4w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No he's just an edgy retard.

Lost Girls was kinda good though.

better watch out for nick land

>No he's just an edgy retard.
I don't think so, DC was pressuring him and throwing millions at him to back-up that shit Watchmen movie he said fuck you and walked away because they removed all the occult symbolism and witchcraft from the film. That's when I knew that he wasn't doing it just for the money. He's the last true modern wizard that believe in the art of Black Magic.

Black magic?
Doesn't he believe in "magic" as in ability to influence people through artistic dymbols?

Have you read his materials and where he got his inspiration from?

Here you go:
youtube.com/watch?v=SW6uWus1c4w

You're welcome.

that's how all the real magicians conceive of it too

Can we define some terms here? What the fuck are you people talking about?

Long live the Great Wizard!!

We are way above your intellectual level. Sorry, I don't mean to be an "elitist".

Yeah, along with a thin boundary between fiction and reality; he claims to have met John Constantine in a pub once. Much like Philip K. Dick a certain amount of stuff can be put down to drugs, and in any case I don't think you could call his work "black" magic - he seems to have a broadly positive, albeit anarchic, intent

magic isn't real

It's your mom that is just chemicals in the brain

Keep simmering in your vulgar ignorance.

Grant Morrison > Alan Moore

But Phil Hine > both of them.

Not in the strictly literal "cast a fireball for 12 mana" sense, but in the sense that manipulating symbols can create changes in people's minds it absolutely is. Think of it this way - where does an idea actually come from? First there's no idea - silence. Then, suddenly, there is an idea, which you can make into something real like a book or a chair or a piece of art. Something from nothing; a rabbit from a hat.

Rude desu

Right, so books contain a kind of magic in the sense that they are symbols which convey ideas.

Is there some way that Alan Moore is more of a magician than any other author in this sense?

Yes, he says he is so he's manipulating those symbols to make himself one, whereas they don't say that so they're not. D-doy. Don't take life so seriously.

Morrison isn't a real magician and can't even write

Not really imo, he's just more aware of what's going on and "owns it" by formally declaring himself a shaman, worshipping Glycon as a symbol of the power of ideas and stories, and putting specific magical symbolism into his work (like the whole London-as-pentagram scene in From Hell).

I at least found his "fiction suit" idea interesting

>Grant Morrison > Alan Moore

You must be on your second dose of Prozac

There was a really good video I didn't save where Moore talked about why he was a wizard and shit and what wizard meant to him. It was about 30mins of him talking, and I came to the conclusion that he just dressed up his career with the wizard name because he thinks it's cool.
I think he actually believes it, because he thinks he's giving people what they need for their 'soul' which I generally took as living a satisfying life and consuming good art.
Basically, he's a genre fiction guy who wants to be a literature guy so he's walking in both worlds and not really joining either.

The true definition of a modern wizard indeed.
Can you imagine being part of his trusted circle?
That would be a dream that many people want to make reality.

Theatricum Chemicum Britteanicum by Elias Asmole

That's the text Newton was working from when he wrote the Portsmouth Papersq

I love Moore but he's absolutely open about his magical 'secrets'.

Read Promethea. Read Unearthing. Wait for his upcoming book The Big Bumper Book of Magic.

He very openly describes the very foundation of his 'magic' practice, namely that it's a psychological worldview rather than hocus pocus.