You can either have his brain and intellect

or the brain and writing ability of your favorite author

what is your choice?

I'm quite enjoying developing my own style, thanks. What would be the point in taking short-cuts? You'd only be accused of ripping off the author you've taken the writing ability of.

Besides which, if you "have" their brain then you'd cease to be you and their personality would take your place. You'd essentially be dead.

Easy, I'll take the brain and ability of Joyce.

I'd rather be myself, thank you very much. In fact, I don't thank you for proposing such a ridiculous thing as magically becoming someone else.

I won't even mention any authors that I admire because of your bizarre thread formulation.

I choose the brain of de Morgan; high mathematical and verbal abilities.

I think it would be incredibly burdensome and also lonely to have Neumann's brain power.

what do I have to do to get Wittgenstein's face?

John of Patmos

I would have liked to be James Joyce but I'm not too keen on the poopy stuff

If I had jvns intellect would I still retain the aspects of my personality? Or do I have his personality too? If so I'd just write in my voice with his brain power

Can I also have my own Herman Goldstine to so I can hog all of the credit for any group works?

Shit logic skills you two guys have. OP didn't say you'd have identical thought patterns and/or personality of the given person, he postulated that you'd have the same cognitive ABILITY as them. You could have your current personality, so to speak, but you'd just have more raw thinking power (say verbal, logical, geometric, etc. ability).

What would being Shakespeare be like?

But once you're Joyce you'd be super into the poopy farty stuff, so checkmate, you!

implying all vital phenomena do not depend upon quantitative variations of pre-existent elementary targets, and that boosting this or that "ability" will not change the whole.

Go to war.

That's true, but I don't think that would necessarily entail significant subjectively undesirable (from you point of view) change in personality. Say you spent the next year learning some mathematical subject (say number theory or lambda calculus) and improving your math skills. Would you be averse to doing so ON grounds it might produce an undesirable personality change?

I don't think so.

it would be a lot like multiple personality disorder.

I have already tried it and it has, with mathematics specifically. If found that the kind of awareness needed for full mathematical thinking is very spatial and very much unlike the kind of awareness you'll find in the fields of theatre and arts in general. Even getting into literature/reading more has had an impact on my personality.

Obviously, you'll be less likely to say the impact is bad After it occurs. That's human goldfish mindset 101

Why do you keep spamming this fuck

because he is probably the greatest intellect of the 20th century

>anyone not choosing Shakespeare.

You're joking right?

What good fiction has he written?