Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums
I'm thinking of taking Adderall as I have ADHD. However, my mom is a psychologist and she advised against it. She claimed that ADHD medication turns people into robots. Is that true or should I just take it.

We're already lost machines.
robots are the superior potatoes
SMART PATROL
NOWHERE TO GO
SUBURBAN ROBOTS THAT MONITOR REALITY

I take it for ADHD and depression and it works, but the effect is different for different people, you could try it once and see what happens

it doesn't turn you into a robot, but it does fuck you up

you're permanently taking a drug that operates much like amphetamines neurobiologically. you'll form a dependence and it will cause structural changes in your brain that are hard to reverse, due to the way that a dopamine flood hijacks the normal learning mechanism.

If you post on a faster board you'll get a huge number of horror stories.

it is another one of those cases like oxycotin where drug companies pushed an addictive drug with modest benefit and lowballed the consequences to create a cohort of addicts(hence a guaranteed revenue stream)

If you do plan on taking them. Do so in low quantity doses.

Consult a psychiatrist. Psychologist don't have the permission to write a prescription for meds, nor have they studied the mechanisms of prescription drugs.

Also:

>Psychologist don't have the permission to write a prescription for meds
The actually do in some jurisdictions, but I agree that they shouldn't and that he should speak to an ACTUAL doctor with an MD instead of a '''''doctor""' who did a PhD in pseudoscience.

in the US, doctors with MDs are still largely tools of the pharmaceutical industry

Take Dextroamphetamine it will be fine as long as you don't become a total junkie

pharmaceuticals can be exceptionally beneficial if you do your own research and understand the side effects beforehand instead of just blindly following the doctor.

I really really need to try and snag an adderall prescription

At least a tool can be useful. If Psychiatirsts are tools, Psychologists are just rocks.

>adhd
nice meme

>

I've never felt more human than when I'm on Adderall.

I used to use my sister's leftover adderall, but she stopped getting her script filled. Shit was amazing while it lasted, I think I was getting addicted to it though. Be sure to cycle the medication if you don't want to become dependant on it, that's assuming you can function somewhat normally without it.

do a genesight test if you can afford it, itll tell you what medications are bad for your brain chemistry and what could be ok

for me adderall is perfect, but some people are better off with vyvanse or ritalin or something

>She claimed that ADHD medication turns people into robots.
It's one more addiction you'll have to withdraw from someday.
That's why they're called drug-ugly.
They treat symptoms, not your originating problems.
Withdrawal is hard.

But if you "need" it to endure your days, I understand.

>psychologist

Nah, OP, antidepressants are the robot ones. Dextro turns you into a god.

I wouldn't recommend it, based on my experiences,with it, but I won't tell you not to try it.
>you're permanently taking a drug that operates much like amphetamines
>amphetamines operate like amphetamines

>amphetamines operate like amphetamines
If I say identical in these threads, people like to split hairs

>Hey, Veeky Forums my mom is an expert and holds a doctorate in her field, but I don't believe her cuz she's my mom so I thought I'd ask you, a bunch of engineering undergrads.

Ok, ok. Your mom probably has at least somewhat of an idea what she's talking about. Psychologists don't study pharmacology, but they do collaborate with people who do (psychiatrists and pharmacists).

check out Daytrana. fucks up your appetite but you'll keep your cool.

Pretty sure I shouldn't take amphetamines when I have Bipolar disorder.

Holy relatable.
This.