What are some books with themes about alienation?

What are some books with themes about alienation?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/antonymicallef/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My diary tb h

FUCK, i made a self-portrait similar to this and thought it was somewhat original.

There's like, Brave New World, and there's like, Kafka's book, like the Metamorphosis, or, like, The Castle, and you also have like lots of existential writers, like Camus, in The Stranger, which is like very existential and about alienation.

Anything written by Dostoevsky.

Thanks guys.

>original

there's nothing'' original'' senpai
also i've seen a lot of portraits as pic related
what are you even talking

Why there's nothing "original"?

Notes from the Underground, No Longer Human and The Stranger are what you need.

This too.

No Longer Human

>I have always shook with fright before human beings. Unable as I was to feel the least particle of confidence in my ability to speak and act like a human being, I kept my solitary agonies locked in my breast. I kept my melancholy and my agitation hidden, careful lest any trace should be left exposed. I feigned an innocent optimism; I gradually perfected myself in the role of the farcical eccentric.”

Let's twist the question from OP.
How can you overcome alienation?

just b urself
embrace what you truly at

Post them. And i thought i guarded myself from this post by saying 'somewhat'.

Notes of the Underground

AAYYY LLMMMAAOOOO

Japanese literature is what you want

I know seems like meme advice but it can be legit. I'm very introverted and part of worries were because of people's expectations of me rather than what I truly wanted. I don't have a big desire for a gf or lots of friends and do enjoy solitude; when I accepted that my mind became much more peaceful.

This amazing piece of Veeky Forums

I don't know :(

Capital by Marx

not him but im assuming he's referring to the fact that we draw inspiration from our environment and that, any work we create is not truly original, but rather, a reinterpretation of the work that we see around us

new music doesnt just appear out of thin air it has to originate from another genre

not really sure if agree though since i would still call originality

instagram.com/antonymicallef/

Child of God by McCarthy
The Tunnel by Ernesto Sabato

I would really like to find a bout that is about melancholy but not in the negative aspect only. All I see is existential anxiety, depression and strong alienating loneliness. I cant indetify with that and always believe those authors are just portraying their loneliness or depression into either philosophical work or novel.

I wish to read something about melancholy and the magical nature of it.

Catcher in the Rye desu. Isolation is delusion.

shieeet

The culture chapter on the Phenomenology of Spirit.

That sentence is horseshit no matter the text you justify it with.

War of the Worlds kek

Steppenwolf.