Nasa discovers new exoplanets and stuff

Are you ready to leave this shithole?

nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-telescope-reveals-largest-batch-of-earth-size-habitable-zone-planets-around

>nasa
It's fucking nothing. They need to actually explore space or be eliminated.

>At about 40 light-years (235 trillion miles) from >Earth, the system of planets is relatively close >to us, in the constellation Aquarius.

>Are you ready to leave this shithole?
yes

>Tidally locked
boohoo it's fucking nothing.

frame-shift drive charging.

Yeah! Let's just get in a spaceship and start exploring empty space!

>TFW we keep getting swiped left on cosmic tinder and alien civilizations keep rejecting our dick pics and cries for attention
The culmination of human scientific effort so far is shooting off "PLEASE LIKE ME" messages into space and finding planets that might contain space pussy we can beam our dick pics at.

Yeah! Let's just waste funding trying to create worthless clickbait!

They could at least work towards going somewhere. They aren't even doing that.

"The sky vanished like a scroll that is being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place."
Revelations 6:14

We're going nowhere.

Do they actually know what the planets look like? or are those renderings just bullshit for the masses?

Those are actual photos of those planet

>They could at least work towards going somewhere
Like where?

no but rly

no 40ly away you cant see shit even with the most powerful of telescopes, you can only take readings.

Literally anywhere. Exploring empty space would be better than this stupid ass cries for funding.

Nigger, we don't even know if they have water/atmosphere.

>Are you ready to leave this shithole?
It's 40 light years away

thats what im saying so why do they have to put out bullshit renderings for us? they even add color and land masses.

So here's the big question lads:

Do we leave all the niggers and muzzies and kikes here, or ship them all to Earth 2.0?

Everything is too fucking far away user, we can't do that. The best we can do right know is obverve distant shit and go to the nearest planet.

>Implying that you wouldn't be required to bring the scourge of humanity with you.

Because that way brainlets will get excited and NASA will get more funding and we will get more space exploration.

Governments will probably ship migrants there

Says who?

Actual question:
Would you reather stay in your fucked but developed planet or go to a new one?

Americans are that bad? At this rate God will exterminate you guys with fire soon

>> no spectral data
For all we know they could have atmospheres of cyanide, seas of neurotoxin, and be covered in asbestos.

Also is it just me or does this press release image look like spooge?

the omnipotent

>Reason no one talks to us is all our messages go to alien spam inboxes

Here are their stats

angels fights with demons

So, someone who can't do shit. cool.

>orbital period: 4.05 days
>distance to star: basically right in its face

what the fuck is this shit

And here are their orbits
(yes, Planet B has a tighter orbit than Callisto)

only 1j in my asp

The nigs need to go, ASAP

>we wuz cosmonaunts n shieet

>what the fuck is this shit
The star is, like, really small

Are they tidally locked?

And what would a spaceship sent to explore butt-fucking-nowhere empty space do? (Besides the obvious of testing the effects of anal penetration in microgravity)

Do you think it would look at things? Telescopes allow us to look at things too, only we don't have to wait as long.

Yes

What's the mass of that star?

They're orbiting a dwarf star m8. I think it's pretty cool how close together they all are. Maximum comfy solar system.

Yes

>tfw living on a colony right at the light dark border
>tfw perpetual sunset in the sky

Comfy as fuck tbqh

Slighter larger than your mum after taco night

What is this? A solar system for ants?

0.08 solar masses
83.8 Jupiter masses

>The planets also are very close to each other. If a person was standing on one of the planet’s surface, they could gaze up and potentially see geological features or clouds of neighboring worlds, which would sometimes appear larger than the moon in Earth's sky.

I am currently having an orgasm

>ywn live on a tidally locked planet where all the other planets can be seen from the surface like we see the moon

ants?

How many trillions do I have to pay?

I wonder how visible they'd be in each others skies

also since none of them are close to 1.0 earth mass won't the gravity be fucked if we tried to visit them/live on them long term?

I'm pissed that the download links for this are broken.

burgers?

>> tfw the red dwarf has an solar flare
>> get cooked by stars deadly radiation

It's a red dwarf, it's already really fucking dim.

fuck forgot picture

I think it would have more of an impact on the offspring.

>with a good telescope you could see people on the other planet waving to you
maximum comfy

Why did we have to be born in this uncomfy shithole of a system?

That would have to be a really really fucking good telescope.

You need similar radius and mass in order for gravity to be "normal "

Besides if we had technology that can get us there (at least 40 light years), then I would assume we have tech to mitigate the effects of low/high gravity.

The planets are generally around 1 earth radius and no more than 0.01 AU apart. Someone can do the math here.

Gravity-wise, they're more habitable than Mars.

hmmm just noticed that, NASA made a big deal of them being earth sized but isn't having earth like mass more important if you're looking for possible life or a possible place for us to move to?

You know what people would do.
>Planet C is a fag written in hug letters on Planet D

Are you seriously implying that we couldn't genetically re-engineer ourselves to be suitable for another environment?

MAN +

What is going on in your gif?

We could be there in 20 years if we took the funds wasted on our welfare state and put them towards spaceflight

Unfortunately, niggers need their gibsmedat and politicans need their votes

>If humans are so good why aren't there humans 2

The density is actually better to look at since you can infer whether or not the planet is rocky

No bio major, but I think that's mitosis

No I'm just asking if the planet size or mass is more important when considering habitability.

That is obviously mitosis.

So it's essentially a bigger jovian system?

Mass. Gravity depends only on the mass.

>Mass. Gravity depends only on the mass.

Yeah, ever heard of gauss theorem?

Have they already been to the Trappist system?

[spoiler]Will this get me banned here?[/spoiler]

>wanting meme space travel posters
Hasn't NasaX made enough of them already?

Imagine what a Dyson swarm you could build with all that rock and the star itself will last trillions of years. This is some prime real estate.

>Not wanting memes

What are you doing here?

that's wrong

They look cool. Why not make them?

So what would the gravity be on these planets? Are we looking at approximately 1 g here?

Uranus masses about 3 times more than all of these planets. It's not that much mass.

This is legitimately amazing. But there's still the huge question of whether or not they're tide-locked.

>They could at least work towards going somewhere. They aren't even doing that.
What do you THINK they're doing when they work to discover potentially habitable exoplanets? This is the kind of news we want as supporters of manned space exploration.

>0.92-1.06 R and 0.62-1.38 M isn't Earthlike enough

fugging millenials

>the huge question of whether or not they're tide-locked.
They are.

Sauce on this picture?

tidal locked planets can potentially sustain life if it has an atmosphere to begin with.

>there are actually people who unironically believe this

>Within 12 parsecs

Too slow.

NASA, the link above.

are you really surprised, even after trump election?

I have done the calcs:
>b 0.72g
>c 1.23g
>d 0.69g
>e 0.73g
>f 0.63g
>g 1.05g

We don't know if it's tidally locked

>The planets may also be tidally locked to their star
>may
get out brainlet

>he doesn't want to visit a tidally locked world

plebs out now

i like this. Every press conference now is them going to be announcing finding new habitable planets closer and closer to our own
feels good