How can a site be so based?

how can a site be so based?

I don't know.
I'd still be a humanitiesfag if it weren't for it.

Information in the digital world is a post-scarcity resource. It's inevitable to become free since infinite supply means price approaches zero according to basic supply and demand rules.

What is thi9s gay shit, sat help? If you can't ace an act/sat on your first try please kys.

some people never had access to proper education

Isn't khan academy very basic stuff? Like shit you should have learned in middle school basic? Why not just pick up a pre calc book or something?

It has middle school shit, calc, linear algebra and deq. It's generally up to the level of advanced high school or first year university level.

Because they teach you instead of have making you a slave.

it goes up to early college math like calculus and linear algebra.

i'm OP, i barely graduated high school and have been NEET for years. re-learning what i've forgotten would have been a nightmare if not for khan academy.

>diffy q's are middle school tier
okay

No, that's not what I said. I said there is middle school shit on Khan, which is true, but that there's also more advanced sections like calc, linear algebra and deqs.

What are the advantages over a good textbook though? He has videos but there is no way they can cover all of the topics that, say, an ODE book covers unless there are hundreds of videos on that topic alone

there's a system of points that constantly rewards you for watching videos and doing exercises.
Kinda like duolingo, except duolingo doesn't work and khan academy does.

it's partially but i find the way the quizzes and information is presented is a lot more intuitive than most textbooks

Almost done with Algebra II.
Should I learn Statistic and Probability or Calculus next?

There are quizzes as well which are actually the best thing about the site. The lectures are praised because brainlets can't learn from textbooks.

Trig

how based is Sal Khan?

I've already learned that.

Then learn it again.

That guy got BTFO

Will he ever recover?

It's got stuff in bio chem, as well; though, not very complete.

Hes the man.

>tfw first year of courses that aren't covered in Khan Academy

By that point you should have all the basic skills to be able to solve stuff yourself.

>ODE requiring hundreds of videos to learn

Fucking brainlets baka

>college math
>calculus and linear algebra

>economy for brainlets

Extremely

I plan to enroll in a university here in europe in economics, i think Khan academy will help me cover the deficits i have in math.

They only give highschool tier edumucation though

what do economists get paid?

It is fantastic and its videos in chemistry help reinforce my understanding of concepts covered in lecture. Learning a concept comprehensively involves seeing it from many different "angles"--when you learn it from two or more sources, and then perhaps join a study group so you have the chance to "explain" it to someone else, you'll have a much deeper understanding of it.

I'd also just point out that there countless videos on Youtube of lectures in every subject you can imagine. At least through 2nd year uni in most subjects. And you can find free open online courses through some of the major American (and possibly international?) universities that should have notes or recorded lectures. The resources are absolutely out there even if they're not on KA.

KA also has a massive set of lectures on MCAT topics plus a couple hundred sample problems. Those are all topics covered two semester arcs of Physics, Gen Chem, Org Chem, and Biology.

>I'd still be a humanitiesfag if it weren't for it.
This.

you'd be surprised how sought after a high school education can be. i was a piece of shit in high school and dropped out but ive been steadily reapplying my mathematics knowledge through khan academy and its a god send.

i was a piece of shit surrounded by criminals and dropped out. im about to complete my law degree at 29 and i do khan for fun to learn the math i didnt get to learn

khan is based, i respect khan

good man, you should be very proud. im also studying law but im plagued with a severe lack of motivation, neglected it so much last semester.

i am as motivated as ive ever been but my grades have grown as time went on

this might be useful or useless:

Save every comment you are given after submitting work. It's likely that you do the same wrong things and if you address them you won't do them again.

Don't read cases unless it's required for an assignment, even then, ctrl F to the keywords you are looking for and find the relevant paragraphs

Save 1 word document per class with every weeks lectures in it, divide them into headings that you can click-navigate in word.

Understand how your lecturer/marker thinks (lefty?conservative?centrist?) and have your answer tailored to their viewpoints. They are people and they want to be force fed what they think is right.

I'm close to winning the law medal, we'll see by the end of the year.

I want to like khan academy but i can't stand his pajeet voice

Considering that i only learned up until Pre-Algebra, how long would it take me to get through all the subjects?

thoughtboard.org

the stuff they have for higher math and physics is pretty sparse.

their chem selection sucks

Unknowable... depends on how fast you learn/how much time you commit

Do you have skype ?

>duolingo doesn't work
bitch i've spent too much time on duolingo for it not to work

No

Lmao

>that feel when you start the multivariable calc playlist on Khan and its fucking 3blue1brown instead of Sal

That guy is based, his visualizations are spot on

Also is anyone else onto Michel Van Biezen aka bow tie dude? This guy has thousands of videos about maths and physics on youtube

top kek implying khan acadamy isnt just vimeo/youtube collection

it isn't, they have a website with quizzes and stuff

It's not you can become just an economist with that, you might get into banking, finance, accounting etc.

This. Trig is very important for everything.

Not for CS

i'm disappointed in whom they trust to educate students/people about history desu

Coursera and MIT OCW are better imo

Duolingo does work though. It wont get you to a fluyent lv, but when you're done withg a course you should be at the level where you can (with the help of a dictionary), read most content in that language, and thereby aquire fluency dynamically.

Jesus, i got no idea how i managed to fuck up a sentence that badly.

Fluent* level* with* thus* naturally*

>ace
Judging by the way this post was typed, I highly doubt you got a perfect score, so I'm sure your definition of a good enough score is a lot different than some people's.

hes really cool, watched a talk with him and he seems like a nice guy. A true polymath