You know half the population in any population has less than average intelligence...

You know half the population in any population has less than average intelligence, yet you don't maximize your attractiveness and social standing?

ISHYGDDT

>People high in the need for cognition are more likely to form their attitudes by paying close attention to relevant arguments (i.e., via the central route to persuasion), whereas people low in the need for cognition are more likely to rely on peripheral cues, such as how attractive or credible a speaker is. People low in need for cognition are also more likely to rely on stereotypes alone in judging other people than those high in need for cognition.

t. Petty, Richard E.; Briñol, P; Loersch, C.; McCaslin, M.J. (2009). "Chapter 21. The Need for Cognition". In Leary, Mark R.; Hoyle, Rick H. Handbook of Individual Differences in Social behavior. New York/London: The Guilford Press. pp. 318–329. ISBN 978-1-59385-647-2.

I'm a manlet who naturally looks like a shota, so I have an excuse.

Tom Cruise has that and he's attractive

Psychology on Veeky Forums, oh boy I can't wait to see this thread get flooded with arguments about whether or not Psych is a pseudoscience.

I could but why would I want to? Sports and celebrity bullshit is fucking boring. I'd rather chew my own leg off than make myself look good for the company of vapid morons.

Because it makes you more successful/influential/persuasive/liked/trusted/wealthy

It is.

Could not care less for any of that. I'm not alive for long so let me enjoy it studying the laws of the universe and leave the sociopathic nonsense to the sociopaths.

Yeah I thought you'd say that

Who wants good things? Not me

>good things
It's like you think your value system is a fundamental law of the universe or something. Like I said, you have fun with your sociopathic value system, and I'll have fun with my value system.

>He takes psychology seriously
LOL

Why can't you wait, Stan?

intellegence...

knowledge is not power.

application of knowledge is power.

o_0

>/pol/ is full of low iq brainlets
>they base almost all of their opinions on stereotypes about blacks, jews, SJW, "liberals", and reddit

it adds up

they sound like nazis at the moment.

although im not jewish.

>at the moment
/pol/ has basically been stormfront since before it was /pol/ when it was called /new/

>low in the need for cognition

whew, lad

>shota
What did he mean by this?

>wealth is not a good thing

Good luck defending your family and yourself from famine when you own nothing you moron

>You know half the population in any population has less than average intelligence
>half the values in a data set are always below the average values in the data set
How did this statement not trigger a massive Veeky Forums autism attack?

Because not all data sets have a bell curve distribution unlike iq.

Don't worry advocating for optimizing looks and social proof triggered a few guys already

I don't know much about psychology but I'm guessing mode, median and mean are all the same in this pseudo-scientific field.

Because my time is better invested doing actually meaningful things rather than trying to comfort myself and my insecurities through the views of others.