What am I in for?

What am I in for?

Read it and find out for yourself you stupid cunt

>asks what the book has to offer
>"lol no"

Edgy hippies jerking off

Yes, fuck off. Don't you know how to read blurbs? Don't you know how to use google?

Just yesterday a friend of mine reminded me that this book existed. I'd heard about it years ago when I was reading Godel Escher Bach, from sources that said Illuminatus was the perfect counterpoint to GEB. This one's on my list now.

its fun

>this

it was really fucking weird
i like it

I'm interested now, I just started GEB. How do you counter cleverness, interesting reflexion on the nature of meaning and boring dialogue?

Dunno, as I haven't read Illuminatus yet, but as I recall the GEB dialogues were the most entertaining part. Of course the thesis he develops is super interesting too, but I was in high school when I read it and a lot of the academic language went over my head.

>fnords

GEB is shit. If you want to know what the guy thinks just read I Am A Strange Loop where he explains his interesting ideas without 500 pages of lolrandum puzzles and "cleverness." Dude has some good ideas but he is a shit writer and a worse teacher, shouldn't be trying to approach "cleverness" with a ten foot cattle prod.
Illuminatus on the other hand is for intelligent people who can recognize when a book is genuinely good and when it's not coasting on pure name recognition generated by fuckwit reviewers who've never taken an intro to logic class and would be blown away by the fucking Monty Hall paradox.

Is it full of Alex Jones tier over-reaching conspiracies? I love that shit.

Literally DUDE ACID LMAO

maybe for the first few chapters but the book is not really about conspiracy theories themselves so much as a scifi/fantasy narrative built around popular conspiracy theories

it's kind of like a hippie douglas adams books

p. accurate desu, though RAW and Shea actually have a sense of humor and don't--exactly--believe all of the outlandish things they write.

The poor man's Gravity's Rainbow.

So should I have a familiarity with other scifi works before starting this, or is the satire/structure pretty obvious? e.g. they mention Dune on the cover, etc.

no, the book is pretty straightforward about what its referencing and why. the narrative is so comically complex you'll be getting lost anyhow.

I dont know user, but Prometheus Rising was awesome desu,

Its more "of its time" than an a classic for the ages.
Good fun though.

The book was fun to read but complete shit. I read Part One of it, The Eye in the Pyramid, and could've easily continued reading it but decided it was just too fucking shitty.

I can't fathom how RAW's favorite book was Finnegans Wake and he was something of a self-taught scholar on that and Ulysses, yet his prose style is so fucking shitty. I can't speak for Shea.

Anyway, yeah, it's total trash. Fun to read, but trash. MAY be a good starting-point into learning about the real doings of the Illuminati.

i agree with this. i was supremely frustrated the entire time i read this book, it was only in retrospect i really appreciated it. i'd like to go back to it sometime, maybe get really high and audiobook it. some fun and cool ideas put in really bad bloated writing

A funnier Foucault's Pendulum

hmmm ok then could you reccomend me "serious" books?

Ubu Roy

This made PKD made looks like a retarded madman. It's quite a ride, make sure that you have a joint at hand.