I am debating getting a Math degree

I am debating getting a Math degree.

Is this just a meme?

I like math.

What career / education options do I have with a math degree?

Other urls found in this thread:

bls.gov/oes/current/oes152011.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Careers
>Unemployment
>Graduate school
>Food stamps
>Unqualified for most job

You can be an accountant if you go to a top tier school.

Take your math degree and start a farm.
That's where all the money will be, math will help especially networks

Think of math as an add-on degree.

Can you expand?

I always wanted to own a farm ever since I played Harvest Moon as a kid

You realize Sera is the best conan girl you fucking retard.

Holy fuck delete your life

Become an actuary and make hella cash

bls.gov/oes/current/oes152011.htm

If you get into upper mathematics where you're doing triple integrals, you can make very good money.

I was considering this but I'm worried automation/India is going to make this dead for me in 10 years

>Ran isn't best girl

niggerwut.jpg

>300k

>upper mathematics
>triple integrals

kek

Automation is a meme. It's not going to threaten anything.

Do a double major or take some stats courses to open up the actuary path. If you're in Canada, stats can is a really good potential employer. Otherwise, if it absorbs you, you're going to grad school.

careful, I got banned 4 days after making a thread like this here and got told to go to /adv/

Do it if you want to go to grad school.

Or you can learn some actuarial mathematics and do that. Be an accountant if you want to make 50k a year and then lose your job to a program in 10 years.

I would do a joint math-CS major if you're getting a terminal bachelors degree honestly

I would like to go to grad school.

I was thinking doing a math degree with a minor in CS and if found out I like programming I might get a masters in machine learning.

I dunno

Is it easy to get a programming job with a pure maths Bsc/Masters if you know programming and have a fair amount of CS courses?

Unfortunately we don't have double majors in my country, but I like programming and am pretty good at so if I can't cut it in academia I can see myself doing that.

Don't.

Chances are you're not smart enough.
Did you participate in IMO or any math contests?
Did you do well?
If not, on what basis do you think you can do well in a university level math?

Math majors don't get programming and finance jobs easily.
Yes, some people manage to do that. But they are exceptional.
The average math graduates end up as teachers or some dead end jobs.

It's very simple.
Did you get admitted to Princeton or Harvard? If not, you are just not good enough for math.

Just do multiple majors mate.
I'm doing... 4, since I screwed up my course order.
If you're not doing at least 2 then you're not doing university correctly.
If you really like maths you should take it.
Just make sure to take another major that's more likely to get you a job, even if it's a shit one.
Also Sera is best girl.

shit uni or nolife nosex
which one are you?

low tier bait
>dude like memorize pi
pretty much every math contest, literally has nothing to do with university maths.
Looking at IMO's wiki page:
>The content ranges from extremely difficult algebra and pre-calculus problems to problems on branches of mathematics not conventionally covered at school and often not at university level either
>extremely difficult
>precalculus

Get a math degree. If you haven't taken university math you have no idea what math is actually like. If you truly like math and you're not a brainlet then it will blow your mind. Mathematics is for the enlightened ones. Anyone advising against it is probably a brainlet engineer who should go back to sucking dick.

Well the ANU is pretty high ranked, so I'd say nolife nosex as I'm a virgin.
I just didn't take PHYS1201 in second semester since I had a project course for my third year of compsci and dropped to 3 courses that semester to accomodate it..
So since I have 3 years left anyway, and theoretical physics is a separate major to physics, which just requires you take theoretical in 3rd year, I figure I may as well do a 4th since I can fit it in there.
Still not sure what I'll do though.
Thinking chemistry, since that would probably be the most useful for job opportunities.
If I extend my study to 5 courses a semester in my last year I could technically do Biochemistry as well, but I'd assume 3rd year physics would be a pain..

It's easy to get a programming job with a high school diploma and an active GitHub account.

>I like math.

Do it then, this is literally the single most important key to a successful career in math.

You pulled all of that out of your ass.

IMO problems are genuinely difficult.

t. somebody who has never looked for a job his whole life

>Any job
>300k starting

If you get a math degree you should double with something else. Or at least minor.

This has to be b8

fpbp

>I'm doing... 4,
lol what?

Live in the woods and mail bombs to people