Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums

Do you have any favourite riddle?

The hardest, the better.

What am I thinking of

This sentence.

Which book is a no-hitter?

I will give this piece of cake to whoever answers this ancient riddle (the ancientest) correctly:

When is a man not a man?

Take your time, jungfries.

Ist it ein Buch des Ditchers?

when he's a jar

"Which door is not your answer to the question 'which door leads to hell?'"

Now give me that godhood

What have I got in my pocket?

Any book on pacifism

>When is a man not a man?

Before (and maybe after)

>implying I can understand fucking bird language

Smith its the answer?
or the three dudes...?

"what door is for you?" or "what door would you go through"
the good bird would tell you the heaven door, as it is good.
the bad bird will tell you the heaven door, as it is bad, and will lie about what door it goes through.

That's a hypothetical question inside a question.

Here's a hard one OP:

You are American before you go into the bathroom and American when you come out of the bathroom. What are you when you're in the bathroom?

This was my thought to. I might have asked "which door do you belong behind", but I think that makes too many assumptions.

A question is not a statement

That's not gramatically correct.

European (You're a peein')

Nitpick the wording all you want, but the god slayer mode is supposed to preclude conditionals.

One who made it haven't made it for himself, one who bought it haven't bought it for himself and one who it is for doesn't even know that it's for him.

It doesn't matter what it's supposed to do. If the author wanted to stop my response, they should have written it differently.
Responding to a perfectly legitimate solution with "that's not meant to be allowed" is stupid; it is allowed by the rules set out in the riddle. If a riddle is governed by intent, you have to psychologize whoever made it to rule out "unintentional" solutions.

Why would the bad bird choose to go to hell?

Okay, smart guy:
"Think of words which end in '-GRY'. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are but three words in the Common Tongue... what is the third word? The word is something that one uses everyday. If thou hast listened carefully, I have already told thee what it is."

When he is a boy.

Tongue

Pleb test:

The cock crew,
The sky was blue:
The bells in heaven
Were striking eleven.
'Tis time for this poor soul
To go to heaven.

this joke works best in a comedy Italian accent.

pic related is just a shittier version of same

an engagement ring.

rekt

Smith

Easy mode:
to either: "what door would the other bird tell me leads to heaven?" The answer is guaranteed to be the door to hell.

GOD MODE: To either: "If you were a liar, which door would you tell me leads to heaven?" The honest bird will point to the door to hell, and so will the liar: it already is a liar, so it simply gives its stock answer. I think. Not to sure about this.

GOD SLAYER MODE: This took a whole bunch of thinking, but I have it!

"Which door leads to the place to which you will go when you die?" Both birds will answer the door to heaven: the liar would go to hell, so he lies and says heaven; and the honest bird honestly says he would go to heaven.

Hum. Even if you played it, not many people can best the Riddle Skellie.
Well played, user.

A poorly written riddle stated in an MS Paint comic made for Veeky Forums? Wow colour me surprised.

I'd demand of one of the birds to go to hell, then i would know which door not to go in.

>GOD MODE: To either: "If you were a liar, which door would you tell me leads to heaven?"
An honest answer (from a liar) is pointing to the door to hell. This means the truth-speaking bird points to it. But the liar, being a liar, will not give an honest answer. He'll point to the door to heaven.

Ah well then just use my ultra god slayer answer then. That one I'm sure of.

A demand is not a question

I don't get it.

steel's heavier than feathers

Your answer relies on the assumption that the birds are destined for a particular afterlife. What if they both go to heaven when they die?

That the original question designates them as "good bird" and "bad bird" lends credence to your answer, though. Why else would the author choose to call them anything beyond "Honest" and "lying" bird.

/Autism

A coffin

When he's a cuck.

yes it is apart from possibly the position of the question mark

what makes it hypothetical?

How do you think the unthinkable?

with an itheberg