Bio-Hacking

Would Veeky Forums get magnetic implants for any reason?
Also, any other bio-hacks you'd try or are interested in

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.2466/pms.1983.57.3f.1211
m.youtube.com/watch?v=G0xdMo-EoZU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>have an accident of some kind
>have an MRI taken
>magnets rip through your flesh

no thanks

I probably would. If I was dumb, that is.

Not only this, but half the reason they ask to remove all metals object is the MRI itself would be damaged.

>walterwhite-nonferrous.png
probably yes if it was of high utility.

a magnet for magnets sake, probably not
>unless it would let me sense magnetic north

Removing the lens of the eye gives some people a little UV vision.

journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.2466/pms.1983.57.3f.1211

Without the lens you're eyes are forever stuck very very far sighted, so that's not a good trade. It might be cool to make an artificial lens that's transparent to UV so you can get the effect without the negatives.

I also wouldn't mind being able to just shut off the nerves connecting my ears to my brain. Noisy neighbors.

I agree, high tech equipment getting damaged is the worst. Much worse than some retarded faggot getting his guts ripped.

Has anyone been keeping up with the recent progress (or lack thereof) in trying to do things with nerves?

>retard puts a magnet in his finger
>"ebin biological haxxored xdxdxd"

The word hacker should be banned, it has no meaning now except for pretentious fuckwits to posture their intelligence.

That is one of the reasons why they prefer CT scans in the ER.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That's not biohacking.

>Put magnet under skin

Lol am I a cyborg yet guyz?

I would replace some of my internal organs with magnets so that whenever people try to talk on the phone near me I can just EMP their asses and nobody would know who did it.

Too bad they're probably carrying pacemakers or some shit

I'd consider getting an implant to interface with neurons if one existed. I'm excused though, I'm actually doing scientific work with neuron interfacing.

This gives me a really good idea
>build portable EMP generator
>go to protest/rally
>butthurt people equipped with phones everywhere
>press button
>fry their shit

The only real limitations are weight, and perhaps some unforeseen negative consequence of generating EMP right next to my body. Also the effective range of an EMP generator doesn't scale linearly with power input so I'd have to be pretty close to the people I wanted to screw over.

>ever considering emergency mri
topkek

Magnetic implants? Nah.
Cyber eyes? Fuck yes. I'm nearsighted as fuck, glasses are a pain (-8.25 / -6.75), lenses are annoying. No wifi pls, just interface with the optical nerves and maybe have a connector on the temple to stream to storage / display. Put in IR and UV sensors, do some preprocessing to convert the captured data to false color and feed that into the nerves for night vision.

The best you could hope for with a portable emp is to briefly interrupt their service in a small radius. To actually fry their phone circuitry you would have trouble getting the power necessary from a device connected to mains AC.

Maybe some anti-grav implants so I could fly, that'd be sweet. Also it'd be cool to be able to see further up and down the EM scale, though I suspect I'd need a visual cortex enhancement first to make any sense of what I'm seeing.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=G0xdMo-EoZU

a lot of countries already employ jammers at protests

Won't that give you retina cancer or something?

I would like to use this at concerts with all the jerks holding up their phone in front of me. In fact I've thought about it before.

See
If youve thought about it it just means you are too retarded to understand the inverse square law and some basic electrical formulas. The best possible portable device you could build would be a frequency jammer that broadcasts at cellphone frequencies. However, you wouldnt "fry" anyones phone with this, just temporarily make service unavailable while your device is turned on.