(Pre)historical Fiction

How would one go about writing a novel describing a tribe/troop of early pleistocene hominins (habilis/ergaster, paranthropus, sediba) and their life in Oldupai Gorge as a sort of epic?

Play the original Age of Empires campaigns desu.

read their diary desu famalam

go and read before adam

Research so you know what the fuck you're talking about. Then Joseph Campbell that shit

Read the first volume of H.G. Wells Outline of History. It covers more than the prehistoric period, but it gives some really nice thoughts regarding the relationship humans have to earth, time, and each other.

read the inheritors as its the closest to a canon work bout cavemen

Sorta like this?

Somewhat, but think older.

Please do this OP. Do it for both of us. I've been toying with writing a prehistoric novel for a while now and haven't gotten around to the researching or anything.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to write such a novel? Do you have a certain message or theme in mind or is the time period just interesting to you?

Also, if anyone has any good prehistoric fiction to recommend, please do!

Use your imagination dude

My idea is to really explore the pre-historic experience of what it was like to be transexual and through that trace the roots of a struggle that transpired human history

Mainly wanted to write such a novel in order to bring a sense of humanity to this point in history. I feel as though most people view them as mere "animals," rather than as individuals.
I've done a short story involving a homo ergaster and his tribe, but that's all I've done thus far.

You start this shit, I'm gonna hurt you.

Just write a novel about Aboriginal Australians and change the setting to Africa.

Michener's 'Alaska' had a few chapters about

1). the mastodons and mammoths crossing the bering strait millions of years ago
2). the pre-historic plains-people living in mud holes who crossed over tens of thousands of years ago
3). the pre-historic whale-hunters living on islands and shores

all as first-person account. I'd recommend you check it out, at least the first few chapters before they start talking about the Russians in the 1700s

but if you're really OP then i will say that's a retarded idea because there has literally never been systemic oppression of transsexuals any more than there has been of otherwise insane people. If a community rejects you then you lived on its outskirts or joined another one. Most of the time in small communities people couldn't afford to just reject an able-bodied member of their community so they would tolerate whatever deviant behavior they exhibited, but enforce a degree of separation.

The only systemic oppression of groups occur when an agenda is introduced and this group is believed to harbor unhealthy aspirations, such as how fundies felt about a push for gay rights and such. Nobody really gives a shit about gays or trannies throughout history, they tolerate deviance to the degree required by society and encourage them to live (or practice their deviance) on their outskirts. When deviance is thought to have damaging aspirations (like Salem townsfolk thought any wacko was a witch who would kill children b/c of their church, or when fundies buy the idea that gays actively want to destroy the family unit) then people take up arms against them. Writing a sob story about a tranny caveman would only expose you as someone who has no fucking clue about anthropology and just wants to mirror their personal experiences in the modern era with fictional tripe about a caveman with 21st century social ideals

Last I checked, the Abos didn't have to deal with other hominins in Australia. Just some weird-ass mammals and giant birds/lizards.

That little shit ain't me.

I'm

whew. anyway i enjoyed the book i linked for the same purpose you seem to be looking for, you should find it at a library or something. it might give you some ideas

Alright then, thanks.

Damn, nigga. You got baited hard.

can i read the short story

Written in a journal that I don't have access to at the moment, so I'll just give you a synopsis:

>African savanna, some 1.9-1.4 mya
>lone male Homo Ergaster is trying to scrounge up some food near a tree
>stumbles across a half-eaten paranthropus carcass
>proceeds to bury the body, but is attacked by another paran (its mate)
>after an intense struggle, he is able to knock the creature off
>starts to run, but the creature pursues
>he continues to run until he collapses from exhaustion
>cowers in fear, bracing a grisly end
>it never comes
>gets up
>dusts himself off
>walks back to where his group has settled for the moment
>shares what can only be described as a tender embrace with his mate (monogomous)
>they enter a dreamless sleep

>monogamy
dropped.

The Inheritors by Golding.

There's plenty pre-historical fiction in the works of Mr. Engels and Mr. Marx.

It would be a strange saga of cannibalism, tribal warfare and eating psychotropic mushrooms out of the dung of migratory cattle, random lion attacks and the odd bit of sodomy, peopled by animals that are oddly human in character, but do not reflect any of our present social norms.

Abstract, if you will, a sort of mid-point between the social complexes of apes like Bonobos and Chimps, and primitive hunter-gatherer societies.

have none of you millennial babbies ever heard of Jean Auel?

> there follows half a dozen shitposts from people who have never read the books or even heard of her but imagine they can judge the books' worth from the covers

I want to write that now. Seriously though, one of my best friend is an anthropologist and will love to get me going with the bibliography. I'm writing it after I finished my novel on the second coming happening in the near future.

it's already been done.

Those were actually surprisingly accurate desu, albeit obviously from a pre-Crick and Watson era

"Monogamy may have gradually replaced polygyny as the dominant mating system with the emergence of ancestral huntergatherers, such as Homo ergaster and Homo erectus." - Alan F. Dixon "Primate Sexuality: Comparative Studies of the Prosimians, Monkeys, Apes, and Human Beings"