General NASA discussion

>does a live stream about the exoplanets
>only women in it

Nice PR stunt you got there.

Imagine the shitstorm if only men were in it (and using "sexist" t-shirt).

It's impressive how triggered you are, senpai. Perhaps sit down, take a deep breath and chill. All this tedious, impotent rage can't be good for your cholesterol encrusted arteries.

ikr

Just trying to be as triggered as they would be. Annoying isn't it? Just playing the devil.

To be fair though the one on the left is actually a trap.

Now that you mentioned it, I kinda think it is. Not 100% sure though.

>that curry girl will never use your face as her designated shitting street
why live?

>Imagine the shitstorm if only men were in it
So if your mommy never got to do anything because of male domination (dominion over her), you'd be good with this?
My mom was an ignorant whore but I can't begin to imagine what you must have endured from your mommy to hate females so much.

No one is triggered by this shit, just mildly annoyed and despondent. Getting triggered is what you guys do when you flip out and start burning trash cans.

>So if your mommy never got to do anything because of male domination (dominion over her), you'd be good with this?
Yes because she is a woman and only men should do labor because men do literally any job better than women, they are even better parents then women who raise either savage criminals or spineless pussies on their own.

Whoever runs NASA's YouTube is a massive SJW fuck stick. They put out more 'diversity' videos than they put out things having to do with space.

Hopefully Trump sets them straight.

affirmative action was a mistake

Yes, no one is triggered, that's my point: if it was the reverse a shitstorm of SJWs would be triggered. I'm not saying we should be triggered, I'm just trying to show how annoying it is to deal with people triggered by that.

From the replies I've got (see and ) seems like I did a good job.

They should mass market that shirt to raise money for another comet lander. I know I'd buy one.

(Especially this one - very common here when anybody steps out of line or asks a 'bad' question)
Just so everyone knows, shills are still trying to subvert the rest of the boards on Veeky Forums when it comes to race, gender and SJW wrongthink.

They failed on /pol/, so they doubled their efforts after the election and they come to low-pop boards now (like Veeky Forums) to build consensus.

>your just a conspiracy theorist
Instead of CIA buzzwords, try make a thread on any controversial issue here and see how quickly several people will shut you down - Veeky Forums is a very slow board and it's not normal.

As well as that, follow the news and research PR and propaganda. Politics affects everything in your life so make an effort to just check the news in the morning and think about what you're reading. You'll be able to follow things closely within a few weeks.

>Just so everyone knows, shills are still trying to subvert the rest of the boards on Veeky Forums when it comes to race, gender and SJW wrongthink.
>They failed on /pol/, so they doubled their efforts after the election and they come to low-pop boards now (like Veeky Forums) to build consensus.

I hardly ever see a left leaning post on Veeky Forums but half the catalog is /pol/shit

Who are the real shills? (Look in the fucking mirror)

It's obvious you aren't from Veeky Forums tho

this

OP, go try getting some pussy and maybe your bitterness will decrease. its actually pretty pathetic that you got triggered by this

OP here.

This post could be on /pol/, yes. But it could also be in Veeky Forums, specially when the main focus was to have a general NASA thread.

Despite that main focus the thread derailed by people try-harding to quickly shutdown (in a poor way) the criticism I made, which, coincidentally (or not) is a critique against SJW and feminism getting triggered by things like that.

Anyone could have guided the thread to something more Veeky Forums relevant, instead we got where we are. Although a bit exaggerated, might not be far from correct after all.

Please, read the thread again.

I'll even spoon-feed you, see:

>General NASA discussion

Then maybe you should've started off by actually discussing NASA.

I did, I criticised NASA's PR stunt.

Nvr 4get

;__;7

sample size of 2. not statistically significant.

I'm all for hating on the feminists and PC culture but let's be sure there's something to hate first.

>Gets dubs
>Realizes data is too low/Not applicable
>Rational discussion of ideas

Sir, you belong in a position of power. Not this shitty image board that is worried about rabid SJWs and Stealth /pol/locks

If you had watched the stream, you'd know there were actually 4 women and you can only put so many people talking in a short stream. The point is that all of them were women, they didn't even bother puting a single man among them.

If you're going to try to make a sound argument, at least don't do it by shitposting. Because your statement was objectively ridiculous given the population considered is the people who were in the stream, so 100% of the population was female.

You didn't add anything to the thread and glorified a shitpost whilst shitposting. That's some level of shitposting skills.

Then maybe you should've actually discussed the news instead of who was presenting it with loaded language. Come the fuck on.

To bring this badly derailed thread back on track, how advanced could life be on these exoplanets possibly be given what we currently know about their atmospheres?

I don't care of they are men, women, or fucking attack helicopters, as long as they can do the job.

>stealh /pol/locls
agent batflaps appears on cue.

Could be microbes, could be living gods, could be nothing.

Any civilization that's near immortal with a population cap doesn't need to wreck its atmosphere and could repair any damage they did in their journey to get to that stage, if they didn't simply already evolve that way naturally or otherwise bypass that atmospheric alteration stage.

...So the only thing you might be able to have an indication of, is either a run-away species building megastructures, or a civilization much like ours that is still somewhere in that pollutant spewing phase. Even then, there's so many natural phenomenon that could give you similar results, you wouldn't be able to know for sure, it'd just be a possibility.

So until the observational tech and deployment improves quite a bit, there's no way to know. I suppose we could probably get some clues without actually visiting the place, but not right now nor anytime real soon.

That's very hard to say, given the only known life is here on earth.

older women are ok since they're probably undergoing or have undergone menopause and are asexual anyway

who gives a shit

I'll quote the only excerpt from that I found sound:

>Could be microbes, [..] could be nothing.

Very unlikely to have multicelular organism there, especially with the amount of radiation those exoplanets are exposed to. Unless it's a totally new muticelular life form resistant to radiation (we can dream).

We need more data to work with, right now it's only speculation (and hope).

On a side note:
>Then maybe you should've actually discussed the news instead of who was presenting it with loaded language.

Read the thread again and see where I address the reasoning for me to start it that way. If it makes you feel better, I could have avoided the word "shitstorm".

Meh, water and rock break up radiation pretty well, so slightly less likely, at best. Though I suppose if it's exclusively underwater, that does more or less preclude discovering fire, so it may limit the potential range of sophistication.

But meh, hard to say anything about another potential instance of a phenomenon as complex as a functioning biosphere and its contents, especially when your sampling size is a whopping 1.

>discovery of fire
>limit the potential of sophistication
have you ever heard of an octopus? they're really fascinating and intelligent creatures! i would suggest youtubing it. then imagine them evolving for billions of years and get back to me.

why do people always assume we're going to discover some kind of humanoid life form, the different environments would clearly facilitate different evolution. plenty of life forms already exist on earth without any fire to cook food. plenty of life forms already exist on earth without sunlight or oxygen. why is it so hard to fathom life could evolve in the absence of these things .-. what kind of science board is this anyway you guys are all autists

I agree with the point you're heading towards, but octopi at least have the potential to move to land (and several are half-way there or better). If the surface is so radioactive you have to stay in the water...

Same with methane breathers... We always these damn space faring methane breathers in sci-fi. I mean, unless some other species came and gave them their technology, ya'd think the first time one them figured out fire would be the last.

>why is it so hard to fathom life could evolve in the absence of these things

We did consider it, maybe you're not reading the thread.

Given it's *more likely* that those planets offer extreme conditions, then it's hard to think any form of life, *as we know it*, exists there. Maybe some extremophile, most likely unicelular.

>plenty of life forms already exist on earth without sunlight or oxygen

Again, read the replies again instead of just trying to create opportunities to call others "autist". No one in this thread said life is not possible without those and it's not "hard to fathom life could evolve in the absence of these things" unless one is a brainlet like you.

Still say if you have an ocean you don't need extremophiles. I mean we could lose the van allen radiation belts, and there'd still be fairly good sized fish down there, even if less of them. Solar radiation just doesn't go through water very well.

At the same time, yeah, even if they get smart, they're going to have a hard time developing any advanced tech.

Why is he standing in a waist deep pool of water?

If those women want to do a livestream on exoplanets then let them do it. Who cares?

>only women work in NASA

NASA doesn't do space travel anymore. They just spend 100% of their budget trying to hire as many women and niggers are possible and then having them run Twitter accounts.

In case you're wondering why NASA doesn't do anything anymore.

>defaults to YOU MYSOGINIST

don't be a dense fuck. it wasn't a group of women deciding that.

In case you're wondering why the MSL mission discovered nothing of interest.

What's NASA doing here? Who knows!? Who cares? It's only your tax dollarydoos!

it goes well with his shirt

Fucking liberal cucks and their affirmative action

>yfw the nigger is the one who does most of the work

third from the right looks so bangable

Did /pol/tards raid NASA or something? Why are there so many cumskins in there?

men are doing the real work and science while women only talk about what men have done
what's the problem with that

In this picture aren't there like 50 women for each man?

Equality?

>tfw this is the guy doing all the work at NASA

NASA is a governmental institution and your government wants to kill you of.

It is dude, look a the face

>only women
oh you poor babby

I blame this guy

Comet landings and butthurt sjws come your way, man

I think the men are supposed to be women too. Besides black dude on the left, he is just doing his job.

I want that shirt so much.

RAPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYyy

And that is why humanity will wither and perish. The nutjobs are able to enforce their will on others.

None of us are "from" Veeky Forums, we are a nation of immigrants.

>given what we currently know about their atmospheres?

We currently know nothing about their atmospheres.

They don't even know what they look like
all they know is that the planets exist 39 years ago

>Maybe some extremophile,
Makes sense. If the environment is extreme, life there, if any, will be suited for extreme environments.

>most likely unicelular.

Shit pulled out of ass. We have no data on how life might evolve on a planet-wide environment that is extreme compared to that which generally prevails on Earth.

The tears of triggered leftists, I guess.

I do wonder where the guys who are supposed to know something about PR and the like were. It's not like it was not pretty fucking obvious that they'd get a lot of shit for that shirt,