Why the fuck is it this warm in february Veeky Forums

why the fuck is it this warm in february Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/understandingcli00unit
planet7x.net
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's 3° above average atm., but that the max is far beyond that. I'm not surprised.

i'm in nyc tho

It'll get colder later burger. It got kinda warm here for a while too.

is this what winter's going to be like by 2050

Warmest february day in this megacity: EVER!
Nothing to thaw in spring. The environment will have its revenge. And it don't care who you are.

Typical La Niña weather pattern
Global warming is a myth

why does Veeky Forums like froggos so much?

It's due to climate change. Within approximately 30-50 years from now the air quality will be so poor that some of us will suffocate due to the drastic changes in our atmosphere. In Biology we call this phenomenon the "sixth mass extinction" (the one that we're living through right now). Good luck.

>Be Australian
>Heading into March
>Still getting 40+ degree days regularly

It was in the 50s and 60s all week for us up in Minnesota. Normally it doesn't get this warm until late march or April.

>some of us will suffocate
how do we make it happen sooner?

>Is it global warming or cooling

Neither, it is "change" now. It is a simple logical trick

>So, Mr. Scientist. What did you say your spooky phenomenom that costs a lot of money to research so you need a billion extra dollars to keep looking at it, actually cause?

>Well, the effects are actually literally everything. Now, look at this map. SOMETHING happened. Well, my phenomenom causes everything, which implies that this is caused by it. please give me money. Black power.

>>costs a lot of money to research so you need a billion extra dollars to keep looking at it, actually cause?

[citation needed]

>Black power

fuck off nigger i want my winters to be cold and snowy. funny how you all hate muslims, but are more than happy to keep lining the pockets of saudi oil sheikhs

It's just a Chinese hoax, shut up and slip back into denial coma.

f u c k

>Typical La Niña weather pattern
I don't think so

Climate Change has been used since the 1970s to describe the phenomenon, it is nothing new and there was no forced "change" to use the term climate change instead of global warming.

Nevertheless, the terms mean different things. Climate change involves the entire scope of climate changes across the globe, from SLR to droughts to increased floods to stronger storm systems to warmer summers and all other aspects of a changing climate.

Global warming refers to the increase in global average temperature measured from land, sea and satellite data.

Here's one such example of the term Climate Change being used in a 1975 report from the National Academy of Sciences, titled "Understanding Climate Change," yes, CLIMATE CHANGE.
archive.org/details/understandingcli00unit

If you try to make an analogy, is it correct that

GW = the average temperature is going up

CC = the weather will fluctuate more violently around this average temperature, both above and below

or, does this miss some feature so badly that it isn't a good analogy even for a mouth-breathing flat-earther?

>>CC = the weather will fluctuate more violently around this average temperature, both above and below
no, average temperature will increase
global warming is but ONE element of climate change

GW and CC co-exist, right?

Who is s(he)?

Shitty /r9k/ meme that started in 2013.

It's the factor driving everything else. Other variables do not compare to its scale.

My apologies, I processed that backwards. I either need to drink more or less.

If that meme is foreign to him he has no business even knowing what that board is (for his good of course).

climate change is about to kick in.

hopefully a bunch of poorfags die quickly.

OP here. it's now 70 degrees here today. god fucking dammit.

Going to be 74 today in Ohio

I don't know how to feel, I always looked forward to the warmth rushing in in March

Global warming is a myth.

There's still snow outside. Here's a picture of outside my window as proof.

install gentoo

>I KNEW IT the science man wants more millions into research
>Oh the multi trillion dollar industry the research may harm is just hard working americans. It reminds me how those damn libtards destroyed our lead industry..

>lead industry
Thanks for reminding me of that shitfest.
>Mister president the mean scientists are showing people proof that our leaded gasoline makes people insane, make them stop! Also if you could throw in an executive order to make stocking this fuel mandatory that'd be great

It is cold and rainy here.

Where are you?

>historical high 40F
>actual high today 82F (73F right now at night, got my windows open)
>normal temps for this area at this time of year -15F

The geese never left this year.
Groundhogs are still active all winter.
Song birds never left.
Flowers blooming in January.
Spring-type flooding in January.
Animals going into heat as though it is spring.
Animals are shedding their winter coats already.

>meanwhile April/May days with a high of 19F and snow showers are becoming common

If he's referring to the prevalence of the SE ridge over the US, then he's right. La Nina typically strengthens the SE ridge, bringing warmer/drier conditions in the southeast US, extending up into the Mid-Atlantic. But La Nina was weak at best this winter, there are other forcings. This is especially prevalent with how much rain California got in the past 2 months.

r9k and pol shitposters

fuck this shit

/pol/tards have huge cognitive dissonance
They absolutely despise Muslims, but they worship and glorify oil, and kick and scream when someone suggests alternative energy, even though the only reason Saudi Arabia can sponsor most of the world terrorism is because relying on oil gives Saudis fuck tons of wealth

It's climate change. It's not that it's getting hotter or colder, it's that the earth is steadily getting worse at holding its temperature as a result of the atmosphere getting layers stripped off.

You're painfully retarded.

>why the fuck is it this warm in february Veeky Forums
Nibiru, planet x.

planet7x.net

Seems like /pol/ is full of anti-science and anti-green energy muslims. thanks for clarifying that

>t. Doesn't understand climate change

climate change obv

for the past 3 years or so, it's been warm until mid-November for me and I've also barely seen any snow around

Anyone got a plan to put the earth back on the same axis, same orbit around the sun and also stop nuclear leakage? My dick is radioactive just peeing in toilets with terrible sewage systems.