Iron powder to iron oxide

I want to make large quantities of iron oxide powder. I have access to thousands of pounds of iron powder. What would be the best method of doing this? I have fucked around with electrolysis and metal rods, but I'm not sure how that would work with the powder which will just be settled at the bottom of the bucket.

Other urls found in this thread:

praxair.com/gases/buy-liquid-oxygen-or-compressed-oxygen-gas
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

go away isis

>go away isis
Aww come on...I'm /pol/, but not ISIS. Now, now do I make the friggin powder?

No one is gonna fucking help you make a weapon, especially after you admit you're /pol/

>make a weapon
Thermite is not a weapon; If I wasn't so kikey I could buy IO on Amazon.

speak for yourself, you reddit dwelling faggot.

Why wouldn't we? Veeky Forums has no relevance to /sjw/ you know that right? Unless you're one of those retards yourself.

Perhaps you could heat it until it oxidizes thoroughly in air. Maybe use highly wet air.
If all else fails blow really hot steam through it and use the hydrogen produced by this to heat the steam

just get it wet and spread it around outside in trays of some sort. get it wet and put it somewhere that will be damp and misty in the morning and fairly dry but shady through the day. stir occassionally.

you'll never beat amazon prices, they're industrial scales of production

im guessing that the reason you don't want to buy on amazon is the paper trail

>you'll never beat amazon prices
Top kek
eBay is usually cheaper though it might not be in this case (its been a while since I was considering getting some) but that's not even considering alibaba

>Calling iron oxide "IO".

What a fucking brainlet. Fuck off to /pol/

I though IO meant "it outright"

>I'm retarded
ok

i mean u won't beat them making it yourself, because economies of scale make it much less efficient on an individual level

i give exactly zero fucks which eretailer is cheapest

>What a fucking brainlet. Fuck off to /pol/

That's a bit harsh, breh. I'll bet you can't even braze.

>im guessing that the reason you don't want to buy on amazon is the paper trail

Damn...Veeky Forums is more paranoid than /pol/. Trust me, I own things that have left me deep fingered by the ATF. I have nothing to hide.

Throw some FOOF at it, you'll get some iron fluoride as well but it'll be fun

>iron to iron oxide

hmm, maybe try oxidizing it?

easy mode: just spray it with LOX and ignite

>LOX
I don't think we have that.

praxair.com/gases/buy-liquid-oxygen-or-compressed-oxygen-gas

>praxair.com/gases/buy-liquid-oxygen-or-compressed-oxygen-gas
Praxair is in there all the time with tankers...maybe I can swing a deal for a bottle or two. I'm just a dumb millwright; I just know the things to avoid.

just bring the empty back afterwards and they'll be none the wiser