2) Films
3) Mangas
4) Graphic Novels

It's even comparable to literature?

>anime and manga
Get the fuck out.

>It's even comparable to literature?

In what sense?

Veeky Forums will say 'no' but the answer is 'yes'.
they are all narrative artistic mediums, of course they're comparable.

I love visual storytelling but i can't love literature that much. Probably because my imagination is really pessimistic.

I really don't know how the fuck does people watch anime
I have tried watching some but it's just cringe af and childish no idea man same with manga and graphic novels

They are all art forms and as such can be "compared" in regards to their ability to "open up worlds" for their users but they differ on an essentially ontological level - they are made up of fundamentally different "materials", and as such, to be good works of art in their own category, need to successfully and completely develop the intrinsic qualities of their mediums; this makes them hardly comparable as, for example, the narrative quality of a novel is rooted in language and its properties/possibilities, while the narrative quality of a movie resides in images, single frames (and their usage), the manipulation of a camera's ability to capture image. James Benning or Stan Brakhage's movies, while being amazing as they are, wouldn't be great books - they wouldn't even be possible as books, though you can argue for a book (or any other art form) to share their ethos and aim, being comparable that way - which is what I said at the beginning of the post.

I don't knwo if I made myself clear, go read Heidegger's On the Origin of the Work of Art, it's laid out better in there.

Sounds like your issue isnt anime, its that you've only seen bad anime

the hostility is hilarious

I've only seen evangelion but I liked it
I don't watch movies because it's hard for me to focus that long on a single stimulus
Never read manga or a graphic novel

Only certain films and pic related.

adult picture books need not apply.

What is it from?

>anime

grow up my man, I've stopped watching that shit 6months ago after wasting time on like 500 series

even the best anime are shallow as fuck compared to any book on the same topic and they have almost 0 value as cinematography compared to movies

>even the best anime are shallow as fuck compared to any book
What would you say is the best anime you've seen?

utena, first gits movie, evangelion, legend of the galactic heroes, mononoke (tv series not the movie), penguindrum, kino no tabi

>Films

It is a child of literature. It also made literary realism obsolete (why would want you describe everything if you still can't compete with moving pictures?), and thus literary modernism was born.

You still have yet to watch the good shit.

like what? I've been heavily into everything related to anime for 10years, you are not going to name any series I at least don't know

Kaiji is top tier

so are we talking about only mindless entertainment here then? because that automatically devalues everything and only proves my point, there is nothing profound about that in any sense of art

>1) Anime
>3) Mangas
Generally manga=original series>>>Adaptations
>2) Films
They exist. I'm not really an expert here.
>4) Graphic Novels
It's great, I'd love to publish one of those.
>It's even comparable to literature?
I think impact left on the viewer is the most important thing, so yes.

Graphic novels and manga are the same, If you mean light novels that's one of the greatest trash the industry has produced.

What about sports entertainment?