Is there anyway of anti-gravity propulsion right now?

I've seen so many youtube videos but it's mostly just proposed experiments for a gyroscopic anti-gravity device?

So is there any magnetic/anti-gravity/fuelless propulsion system or is it all just a meme?
Pic semi-related
[spoiler]I want to believe [/spoiler]

Other urls found in this thread:

u2.lege.net/culture.zapto.org_82_20080124/passed_shows/Om nya energik�llor/Energy papers Mina dokument/antigravidity/Robert L.Forward - Guidelines to Antigravity.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_Probe_B
youtube.com/watch?v=Ws6AAhTw7RA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No there is no such thing. It is a nonsensical concept.

>So is there any magnetic/anti-gravity/fuelless propulsion system or is it all just a meme?

No experiment has proven it's possible. Some looking interesting, but it's still all hopes and wishes.

ya heres my blueprint

Look up Eric Laithwaite
If you try to lift a heavy weight wheel above your head its very difficult but if you spin it, then its easy. Why is that? Scientists haven't explained everything yet but as Eric said, "the older they get the more reluctant they become to say I don't know"

>If you try to lift a heavy weight wheel above your head its very difficult but if you spin it, then its easy. Why is that? Scientists haven't explained everything yet
Conservation of angular momentum. Literally explained in intro to physics courses. Stop lying, quack.

Sure. You put some explosives in a tank, and you mix that tank so that the directed force is greater than that of gravity.

I see no reason this would not work.

Shouldn't it work like a tennis ball atop a basketball does?

Exposing the idea I found in a sci-fi comics. I'm not sure it would work. I hope some physics fag can answer this.

So let's say you have a wheel with spokes. Each spoke has a weight that can be arbitrarily moved along it. If the wheel rotates, and the weights are moved so that they stay on a non-circle path, would it provide any lift ?

Also, what would be the direction of the lift in pic related ?

Kukukuku
If I told you what would you give me in return?

Well OP. I am waiting...
Tick tock tick tock~

Once you are in on the joke of the universe there is no going back.
There is only the void. So I ask you again.
And once more. Before I leave. What. Would. You. Give. Me. In. Return?

my dick xd

Firstly, I am actually straight. Secondly the whole Devil thing is a test. I wanted to see your resolve to do something like this.

Lastly that is the most private thing anyone has to offer and frankly I am laughing because thats impressive.

I honestly thought you would say your soul or money or something.

But...To use an xd...on Veeky Forums non the less....
Damn user.
Alright. You got it. XD

The way to make the machine fly. The real way is
Firstly, I am actually straight. Secondly the whole Devil thing is a test. I wanted to see your resolve to do something like this.

Lastly that is the most private thing anyone has to offer and frankly I am laughing because thats impressive.

I honestly thought you would say your soul or money or something.

But...To use an xd...on Veeky Forums non the less....
Damn user.
Alright. You got it. XD

The way to make the machine fly. The real way is

(The government has shut you down)
(Reason: Dangerous Ideas)

just produce some kind of matter with negative mass. that should do the trick.

Just kidding.
Sigh...fuck it. Just promise me one thing. When I tell you how will you build me some flying cities and a space empire?

Will you promise me that? Also stop the religious folk. They are ruining what could be a kingdom in the skies...

You see...you gotta understand what I am dealing with here...
I feel like I am carrying the weight of the cosmos on my shoulders...
If I let the cat out of the bag in public....
Then....well....
There would be chaos right?

I will leave it to a vote.
Do I drop the f bomb or do I keep it for myself and use it to build a giant spaceship and THEN tell you guys?

I thought that was helicopters? though without the fuel-less propulsion (magic)...

Another wildly successful /x/ thread on Veeky Forums. Really gets the schizos'wheels turning.

For the 500th time, horsing around with centrifugal force is NOT gravity or anti-gravity.

It's not a "nonsensical concept," fucktard. It's been proven to exist theoretically. Similarly to how magnetic and electric fields can repel each other, gravitational fields should be able to repel each other. It just hasn't been proven physically.

WE'RE OWL EXTERMINATORS!

>It's been proven to exist theoretically.
>proven
>theoretically

Gravity only ever attracts, there is no "anti-gravity". Comparing it to electromagnetism is misleading, because EM CAN be negative or positive. Gravity is one-directional, like the Strong and Weak forces.

no, not allowed by classical physics

Yes, but it is incredibly impractical:
u2.lege.net/culture.zapto.org_82_20080124/passed_shows/Om nya energik�llor/Energy papers Mina dokument/antigravidity/Robert L.Forward - Guidelines to Antigravity.pdf

In short gravitoelectromagnetism allows for gravity to behave analogously to electromagnetic fields. A changing mass current, moving in something like a torus can create a gravitational dipole.

In order for the effect to be significant one needs a lot of mass or superdense matter. Oh and you can't create a continuous field either

>he can't create a continuous field

Gravitomagnetism has been experimentally demonstrated with Gravity Probe B.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_Probe_B

practically speaking, one can't generate a gravitational dipole continuously. Generating the field requires a changing mass current, IE, mass being accelerated/decelerated. We can't do this forever, as forces on the device will exceed structural limits.

What if I told you, with a little clever engineering it was possible?

Geometry

Well, there's this shit

youtube.com/watch?v=Ws6AAhTw7RA

But it's a bit of a meme

Then I'd tell you it's useless and refer you to the conclusion of the paper in
. IE, even the most optimistic calculations show that very large devices will be required to generate usable gravitational forces.

Oh and without means to create and manipulate ultradense matter any engineering done would be purely speculative.

Forward does propose that materials which can convert time varying electromagnetic fields to time varying gravitational fields because magnetic and inertial moment are combined in atoms.

We now have a means to search for such effects(however small it may be) with facilities such as LIGO.

No. We have no way to manipulate gravity.

Magnetism does not mean it's analogues to the EM force, magnetic forces still do no work. So no, it is not experimentally proven.

analogous*

Calling it anti-gravity is idiotic.

With that out of the way, in the next few years we will have bicycles with flywheels in them, making them similar to electric and hybrid cars; when the brake in the bicycle is applied, the friction will be used to start rotating the flywheel. The flywheel can then be used to accelerate with minimal effort from the rider. We'll have some neat things in the future, especially when we can store/generate electricity more efficiently.

>especially when we can store/generate electricity more efficiently.
Are time crystals going to revolutionize batteries?

> in the next few years we will have bicycles with flywheels in them, making them similar to electric and hybrid cars
Why would you put a flywheel on a bike, when Lipo batteries already meet your requirements?

Flywheels are a great way to store energy, you get a decent energy decent and a huge power density.

Only problem is that in a crash, a good portion of the store rotational energy is directly converted to translational kinetic energy. In layman's terms it explodes in a cloud of shrapnel.

Actually when you look at it one way, flywheels are very efficient bombs. Instead of going from chemical energy to heat, to translation of shrapnel, one just goes directly to translation of shrapnel

>magnetic AND electric fields
Its ok champ, at least you tried.

Take your meds, you are at Veeky Forumsmon levels of schizophrenia.

Lol. Whut?
Fuck you. I am completely sane. Very few people have an experiment like mine. You can conduct it at home if you wish.

Holy fucking shit this must be the schizophrenic containment thread. You think fly wheels are bombs? What. The. Fuck. You think human legs could store enough kinetic energy to literally rip steel apart? My god, this is so retarded it physically hurts. Im not kidding, i need an asprin.

Still laughing at that flywheel thing though.
XD

Ok buddy. Lets hear it. I guarantee i can find a youtube video of some schizo trying your exact experiment with the title of "FREe ENeRgY!!!!1!".

I guarantee you no-one has tried this except black operations.

He said antigravity right?
Not "Free energy."

Equivalent energy exchange.

And no I am not referring to aerodynamics.
>:D

I was just making a point that he is just as crazy as those youtube nutjobs claiming to have invented perpetual motion. Although technically, if you have an antigravity device it would make perpetual motion machines possible effectivley canceling the weight of an object allows you to store gravitational energry for little to no work, then release the stored energy after shutting off the antigravity device, but none of that matter because it doesnt exist.

Go on friend. Prove me wrong.

But the real question is...
Do I let it rip here...or do I go to the "arch-wizards" and show THEM first....
Kukukukuku

The world on a string.

What would you do user?

Energy*
also i forgot a "." in there
Just clearing that up before you use it as grounds for my dismissal. Im a wee bit low on sleep, too lazy to proofread.

Ok, you are definitely schizophrenic. You arent going to tell us your idea, because it doesnt exist, or you are afraid that it will get torn apart by people who actually know what they are talking about. If you had really invented antigravity, you would have sold it to the military and become an instant billionaire, otherwise you would just be retarded.

You will probably just reply to this post with more cryptic nonsense like
>oh my idea has the potential to destroy worlds!! I cant let that fall into the hands of the military industrial complex!! You must understand the gravity of the situation i find myself in. The fate of the universe hangs in the balance.
Because you are schizophrenic, and your experiment doesnt exist, or is full of crap. Of course now that i called you out on it you wont say any of those things but i know how you operate. You are practically a Veeky Forumsmon clone. If i didnt know better i would say you are him.

>The military
Implying I want my idea used in warfare. You are always so geared for war. Why is that? You only see destructive capabilities for the sciences...
Where you see death, I see life.

Oh look, its the cryptic nonsense i was talking about. Followed by a nearly word for word repeat of my greentext. Your "idea" for antigravity is garbage and so are you. Selling it to the military isnt about being geared for war, its just the quickest path to becoming a billionaire. Although, its not the only path, but you arent on any of those paths because your idea doesnt exist.

The guy "kukuku"ing in this thread reminds me of lame roleplaying on gaiaonline

Maybe if you can find exotic matter with negative mass we could get some cool shit going on.

I thought you referring to flywheel energy storage for cars and not bikes. If you store enough energy in a flywheel, it is very much a bomb. Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems (KERS) for bicycles are a bit unrealistic though.

Not that I know of, but quantum locking looks really cool as if it's anti-gravity.

GEM might allow something similar, but good luck getting a useful degree of anything out of it. Also, I'm not sure if that doubly rotating toroid trick needs continuous energy applied. Does frame dragging cause friction?