Try to make a career in the social sciences

>try to make a career in the social sciences
>have to be a marxist of some kind to be accepted and respected in that community

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_politics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-wing_politics
youtube.com/watch?v=NCbgIgkvhN4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Try to make a career in the field that's a shitty lovechild of the cuckiest parts of continental philosophy and scientism
>You have to be a marxist
Shocking

Not true. There are conservative sociologists like Daniel Bell who do decent work. Some of their conclusions are still retarded though, but I suppose that's the case with all authors regardless of their political stance.

>you have to believe in Science to be a Scientist

big fucking surprise

Being a decent person will do just fine.

Scruton is also making a career. But you're like the kid who sits in the back of the classroom. Even when you make a comment, no one cares and hopes your babbling won't take too long.

>complain about SJWs
>instantly have thousands of fans who will support you with a rabid tribal loyalty because you are on their side of the culture war
being a right-winger is easy mode. The left is too prone to infighting and doesn't have any good scapegoats.

Pretty much this.
The left is far from a monolith. They've been fucking themselves over since the first international and will continue to do so.

I personally love it, because they're always so mystified as to why right wingers are able to form a block of such varied and even contradicting groups of people (look at dorky Eco's retarded Ur-Fascism, where he tries to understand what makes le fasjism so appealing ). It's simple, but leftists don't get it. They're too divided over doctrinal purity and practise like a bunch of protestants than they are focussed on basic rallying points.

Drawing from Sowell, that may be because, the left regards intellectual deviation from their views as the result of conscious evil, whereas the right regards deviation from their views as the result of misguidance, ignorance, or stupidity.

You trying to get into Kim Il Sung University or something? If you want to be accepted in modern social sciences you're supposed to reject metanarratives like Marxism or any notion of historic progress

Don't you think it's strange that all "decent" people share your specific morals and politics?

The irony

>the left regards intellectual deviation from their views as the result of conscious evil

True. It's very Christian on the surface. Though they're even worse than Christians, because the latter will accept you into their congregation if you convert, regardless of your pagan past.

If you were a white supremacist and turn around, they'll never ever forgive you for that gravest of sins. Or they'll be very suspicious of you in the least.

The left is such an irredeemable mess. It won't take long before the academia is slowly but gradually being taken over by right wingers. They've been actively alienating moderate white men the last decade ( the whole white male patriarchy "you're all complicit regardless of what you do!" ) to the point only the literal stereotype of the cuck goggled nu male would support the constant derision of themselves.
Even the so-called Zizekians are showing their liberalness when he says shit like "lol vote Trump, it might cause a stir in both political wings" and can't get past the non-PCness of this particular candidate.

Fuck them. This century is a conservative one. RIP Bernie Sandels. Byebye butthurt Young Turks. Yes pasaran.

Good post

>Don't you think it's strange that all "decent" people share your specific morals and politics?

No, since I'm a decent person its quite straightforward

oh no you can't become a sociologist whose methodology is /pol/ memes :(

>decent
That's pretty subjective, bucko.

Not by my metrics

Memes are the future.
Memes are what go Trump this far.
Your ideology's shot at influence is a corrupt hag whose success rests on the corporate structure you guys are supposed to be combatting, a bunch of housewives ( I want a woman in office now! ) and triggered minorities.

>this is your brain on memes

Academia is inherently an elitist institution, it never was or can be liberal and welcoming to everyone. Academia and politics are the super-structure of a class stratified society. Also conservationism is a totally meaningless word so you should just drop it, this centuries conservatives are degenerate impotent ultra-liberals that masturbate to anime.

trump got this far because he appealed to some amount of people who actually go outside, no one cares about your frog memes you clammy neet

im not even voting for clinton and i wish she was in jail

>They've been actively alienating moderate white men the last decade
This. You've got to be some kind of masochist to participate in any sort of left-wing ideological groups/institutions if you're a straight, white male.
Straight, white men are to social Marxists as Jews are to neo-nazis. You can toe the line as obediently as possible, but you will always be treated as an outsider, who is not to be trusted.

Don't you dare insult meme magic.
You'll see who was the real reason behind his success soon. Ribbit. Ribbit.

>have to acknowledge there is a relationship between economic class and social behavior to be taken seriously

What's the problem here?

I don't know anyone who watches anime. I actually never meet anyone out there in the big bright world who watches that fucking crap.
Stop projecting.

>I don't know anyone who watches anime
You must be over the age of 60 or something, you're to old to be posting here, go back to facebook grandpa

If anime is that ubiquitous among the young today, I think it's fair to say it's indeed le wrong generation.

you do realize professors aren't the same as the 19 year olds who've just discovered the pleasures of being a victim right?

like just because your dumbass classmates say corny white male tears crap constantly doesn't mean that's what it's like being a working academic

>Marxism is a science

HA, you clearly don't know what modern academia is. There are very few Marxists and post-postivists. Most of the social sciences are filled with positivists. Sincerely, a political scientist.

t. Homosexual who isn't capable of understanding the significance of the works of Marx

Your metrics are subjective and influenced more by emotions than reason

Marxists actually believe this though. They call it "historical materialism" and dress up their ideology in fancy academic jargon borrowed from actual sciences in an attempt to convince students who failed in science that what they're saying is based on fact

You guys are aware though that there is a conservative left, aren't you? That there are layers and that the moderates exist on that side of the spectrum too and won't just become right wingers suddenly. You ARE aware of this, right?

>Everybody who understands Marx is a marxist

t. Someone who doesn't understand Marx.

There are, of course, but they're being shouted down by girls like this.

>can't distinguish positivism/materialism/neoliberalism from le cultural Marxism

I've found that this is a great screener for disregarding alt-cucks

Working academics encourage and justify "corny white male tears crap." They push for awarding tenure to bell hooks tenure and tell themselves she's real smart, they appear on NPR to "fact check" and provide "social science correspondence," they force their students to read Toni Morrison, and they either ostracize or attack anybody in their immediate working circle who shares views that violate progressive doctrine. Working academics control what information 19 year-old victims consume

I've found the few actual marxists who are still left in college are usually ugly (manlets) with strange hobbies and beliefs like "DPRK isn't so bad" or "Holodomor didn't happen".
People you wouldn't wanna associate with because they take shit seriously their peers have long abandoned and didn't go with the identity politics mainstream in the left, because they are, you know, weird.

F.e., guys like Jason Unruhe.

The right has it too. Like unironically being a monarchist. Usually the types of the aforementioned kind, only right wing.

You don't have to be a Marxist to realize the Holodomor never happened.

Academia is merely super-structurial, it's largly a reflection of what's really going on economically, you cannot understand it without taking into consideration the transition away from the early 20th centuries national Fordist modes of accumulation towards global financial capitalism

Here's the secret.

Economics is a social science. We study all the same shit that the "social sciences" do. If you want to use statistics, experiments and logic it means you study econ.

If you want to yell on tumblr about patriarchy, you chose social sciences. Obviously nobody cares about this department from a careers perspective. They're going extinct because all their grads are unemployed.

It's your own dumb fault for not realizing this game earlier.

You realize what you wrote makes no sense and has no point, right?

Not in the real world, friend.

>Shouted down
What does that even mean? Nothing. Hipsters and radicals were and are always the minority.

Not only does it make sense it isn't even fucking complicated.
Stop talking shit you fucking idiot

Conservatism itself, though, is a right-wing ideology, as the past to which the ideology refers was undoubtedly ruled by right-wing ideologies.

Left-wing conservatism is just an importation of conservative artifacts into leftism.

t. right-winger

No they're not, they're objectively grounded and very reasonable

this

the reason the left is so prevalent in academics is because their ideas aren't tested in the real world, and if they are, they fail

>The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive.

Conservatism itself, though, isn't a thing that works on it's own.

It needs to import "left-wing" notions and maximae to be able to operate at all.

t. person outside your small dualistic political spectrum

>thinking that the left-right dichotomy is something transcendable and not a classification system that involves all possible political ideologies

>It needs to import "left-wing" notions and maximae to be able to operate at all.

I suppose I agree with this if you mean that conservatism can only be accepted in our age with elements of it watered down.

That's what the kids call "cuckservatism"

That kind of capitulating and weakness is what has allowed the Left to go completely apeshit. It's controlled opposition, completely toothless and unwilling to fight.

>and not a classification system that involves all possible political ideologies
It's a crude misconception of reality if you believe this. There are 'paths' and ideologies that are neither nor or both left and right. This classification is untimely and flawed.

You for sure don't have to be a Marxist in the social sciences. Just transfer schools or pick a different place for masters or w/e

It comes down to whether the ideology intends to eliminate inequalities or not.

It's pretty hard to avoid classification this way.

This post is good, though I think you're not giving Eco enough credit. His Ur-Fascism is pretty accurate.

> the left regards intellectual deviation from their views as the result of conscious evil whereas the right regards deviation from their views as the result of misguidance, ignorance, or stupidity.
Sowell had some decent ideas but this is bullshit. This is just partisanship. You don't have to leave this website to find leftists accused of every evil under the sun by rightists, even when those evils are self-contradictory. On the other side of the coin it's common for left-leaning people to blame mental illness, background "oppression" for people's background. Traditionally the left leans towards blaming environmental causes, moral relativism, advocating lenience etc. as opposed to the strict moralism of the right. If this is Sowell he's so off the mark that it's hard to believe he's doing anything but propagandising.

pure salt. Take a step backwards mate.

You can make up classifications all you want but others have no reason to accept them. That's not a definition of left/right that I've ever heard.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_politics

>Right-wing politics hold that certain social orders and hierarchies are inevitable, natural, normal, or desirable,[1][2][3] typically defending this position on the basis of natural law, economics or tradition.[4][5][6][7][8][9]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-wing_politics

>Left-wing politics supports social equality and egalitarianism, often in opposition to social hierarchy and social inequality.[1][2][3][4] It typically involves a concern for those in society whom its adherents perceive as disadvantaged relative to others (prioritarianism), as well as a belief that there are unjustified inequalities that need to be reduced or abolished (by advocating for social justice).

just finished a political economy degree and no what you said doesn't make sense

>Want to kill myself
>Have to have motivation of some kind

>>waaaah I have to do something I don't want to to get somewhere I want to go.

ITT: Millennial special snowflake work ethic.

muh persecution delusion

TIL.

Still sounds like burger shit to me.

How simple! I can't believe that didn't occur to me!

But none of those people are positions of power. Once they manage to start getting leftists removed from their positions academia, then you can talk.

jokes on you being a marxist economist is frowned upon
too bad thats the social science that requires you to do math

I don't know anyone who watches anime.

You haven't met anyone truly redpilled my friend. If you follow forward you'll realize that 3DPD is true degeneracy only followed by the lower caste of whites.

youtube.com/watch?v=NCbgIgkvhN4

The only real progress in the social sciences is addressing issues in which Jews are involved. Anything else is just beating around the bush.

this is literally only true for american studies and gender studies programs

marxians have too much influence in other fields for that to run quite so rampant, even if it's an existing tendency

never actually been in college neet alert

this

based sowell

>sciences
The only good 'social science' is language.

>Christianity is bad
*tips hat*

Neither can I. Nice pic. Is that you? Would explain things. :^)

Sam Hyde is not funny.

>left/right dichotomy

Fucking spooked retards. You should all seriously consider suicide.

>based

I should make a "stupid poster" bingo card

Its literally the original French division you fool

Zizek said he would vote for trump cuz he is a massive edgelord perpetuating the radical left agenda of relative meaning and nihilism. He is from my country, he lectured at FF LJ where everyone is post-modernistic piece of shit, just praise marx and you will pass shit with 0 effort.

you should go then

the irony

He is quite funny tho user

This is so not true

nah, you 'new' right turds just think everyone who isn't afraid of black people is a marxist

>lit
>smug idiots talk down to other smug idiots
feels like home

Look at that Toronto professor getting all that shit in the media right now, academia is a cancerous shit hole. The religion of Marxism, and its autistic father Liberalism are a cancer.

CO: You have said that you don't believe that there is enough evidence that non-binary gender identities even exist?

JP: No. I didn't say that actually. If I'm going to be accused of saying things I have to be accused of exactly what I said. There's not enough evidence to make the case that gender identity and biological sexuality are independently varying constructs. In fact, all the evidence suggests that they're not independently varying constructs. I can tell you that transgender people make the same argument. They make the argument that a man can be born in a woman's body and that's actually an argument that specifies a biological linkage between gender identity and biological sex. I'm also not objecting to transgender people. I'm objecting to poorly written legislation and the foisting of ideological motivated legislation on a population that's not ready for it.

That whole interview the reporter was just getting more agitated. It is hilarious

>too bad thats the social science that requires you to do math
>mfw marx literally died in poverty
you can't make this shit up

Not what he said.

You don't have to buy into historical materialism to be a marxist. There are many different kinds. For example you could only agree with most of what is written in his critique of the political economy.

Oops, thought he wasn't replying to the OP:

That's not even the common academic argument he's replying to. Most people think of gender as a mixture between gender essentialism and social constructivism. Rarely people argue that they biology and gender are entirely separate.

*that biology

I fucking wish. Why do /pol/tards have to lie about everything? I get that you live in your basement but do some research.

Since your emphasis is on /making a career/ in social sciences, while the general idea of social sciences is the betterment of the society... figures you'd be the sort of person to consider all social-oriented theory 'Marxist'

Žižek said he would vote for Trump beause he considers Hillary the "criminal mastermind", whereas Trump "merely" "criminally insane".

There's a difference between choosing the lesser of two evils and outright supporting Trump.

They really do love their token Black shill tho.

Si na FF-ju?

I don't think there are really that many professors who are ideologues. The problem is they're the only ones you hear about if you don't study a given subject because they get political attention. The vast majority of people working in a field aren't trying to push an agenda, although some fields are definitely more politicized than others.