Has there ever been an author that really made you reconsider your moral compass?

Has there ever been an author that really made you reconsider your moral compass?

No.

Bukowski when I was an edgy pseud.
Camus after I grew tired of being edgy.
Woolf/Dostoyevsky now that I'm alone and realizing I should have invested more time in learning how to love.

Yes

Homer and Dostoevsky

stirner desu

morality really IS a spook

Fucking this.

This, Camus and Dostoevsky

the more you regard these things as weightless the harder you'll hit the spinning treadmill of reality. Factual correctness will not comfort your loss, and regarding it as a spook will leave you too confused to discover such a simple solution

how?

i am trying but it's hard for me to act as a non-participant rather than an objector

when everything is considered binary i find myself thinking like a third party

Lots of spooks in this post

??

>these things

what things?

>comfort your loss

what loss?

>simple solution

solution to what?

Thinking spooks are bad is the biggest spook of all.

Thinking that pointing out spooks equals thinking spooks are bad is a bigger spook than that!

what are often considered spooks.

whatever aspect of your life that was reliant on said spooks

said loss

Your mother is an even bigger spook though.

You're implying that poster is spooked by spooks, which just isn't how voluntary egoists roll, my property.

>that image
See

>that text accompanying that image acknowledging spook avoidance for the sake of it is a spook
see

>implying bukowski and camus arent exclusively for edgy pseuds

>implying voluntary egoism is not also a spook

>my property
I think it's fair to assume you've never been in a fight. or made love. or built anything. or have done anything notable at all that involves the acknowledgement of your own limitations and reliance on the strength and willingness of others.

bonus points if you live with your parents.

>implying a philosophy of acknowledging and attaining freedom from the control of spooks is spooky

Are you me?

Wanting to be free of spooks is a spook. As is wanting to embrace spooks.

I've done all of the above. I admit the box on wheels I made in workshop was shitty. I'm very aware of my own limitations. What are you even implying and how did you come to this conclusion?
>living with your parents doesn't involve the willingness of others

I never said I wanted to be free or embrace spooks. I want freedom from their control to benefit myself and those I love. Keyword being control.

>Keyword being control
Doesn't make it less spooky senpai.

I would define a spook as a metaphysical concept that prevents you from making a conscious decision to do what benefits you the most. Voluntary egoism doesn't the bill, because it's all about enabling that conscious decision to take place. It's very much the anti-spook.