What will be China's position in the science and technology world in 10 years?

What will be China's position in the science and technology world in 10 years?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2017/02/08/yale-professors-trump-puts-u-s-scientific-leadership-at-risk/?utm_term=.389f05be421a
rusi.org/commentary/‘celestial-empire’-looks-space
youtu.be/zRdNOQcfp-8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Expect something along the lines of "lmao what the fuck is ethics ahaha"

They will already all have suffocated by then.

In 10 years...
probably doing unethical things with the human genome

Scamming hundreds of millionaires with their fake science.

washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2017/02/08/yale-professors-trump-puts-u-s-scientific-leadership-at-risk/?utm_term=.389f05be421a

Funny how Trump will be remembered as catalyst for China's new dominating role.

they are going to do things with stem cells and genetics that can't be done in the West.
maybe designer babies < 10 years

genetically modified and drugged up science worker babies at Foxconn 2.0 will be 13 years old, already outproducing the output of the rest of the world

and this

nice meme

t. zhang v2.1 with added reduced nREM sleep requirements

China will be the first nation which will do space mining

Probably the same as now
>Western or Indian scientist makes a discovery/invention/manufacturing processs
>Chink "scientist" steals idea
> State run media claims Chinese "scientist" was first
>rest of the world dismisses Chink scientist and continues doing literally everything
>another glorious day for the People's Republic

The only notable Chinese scientists of the last 100 years immigrated to the United States or Great Britain

>or Indian

This. China's government is leaning more and more toward technocracy, with a growing portion of its lawmakers having backgrounds in science & technology..

The fact that there is no partisan politics regarding to climate change and renewable energy, there is no reason to believe that China will not dominate key technologies.

>immigrated to the United States or Great Britain
Dirty countries, they always try steal brains because don't have one.

>because don't have one

Kill yourself.

kek someone's been spending a little too much time on /pol/

You also forgot ethics; considerations of morality or right conduct in general. The absence of even the pretense of these things in Chinese society will also aid their technological growth.

>combat climate change
>absence of even the pretence of these things

Designer babies are already possible and you can bet your ass that they're being made right now in China

In 10 years these babies will be 10 years old.

I don't think you understand the point of ethics.

rusi.org/commentary/‘celestial-empire’-looks-space

Pretty dependent on the politburo in November

If Xi Jinpeng is the neolib globalist that people make him out to be, they will do alot better over the next couple decades. 5 of the 7 Politburo spots are gunna be up for grabs.

So just like the USSR. Too bad having background in science and technology does not automatically mean having any knowledge and expertise in science and technology, or anywhere else for that matter.

CRISPR babies

The question is where will South Korea be in tech in 10 years.

>USSR

More like the opposite

I wouldn't be surprised if this was true though senpai.

This so much.

Poltards are so fucking retarded they wont even see this. Trump and his cult like following are dooming this country.

The USSR did at one point have a large percentage of the government with technological and scientific backgrounds in the 70's I believe.

>template libtard shitpost
Take your meds you drooling bernout

>dislike trump
>hurrr fuck off libtardddddd!!!!

Disliking him does not mean I am a libtard user. That's a very childish / narrow point of view.

Read a book one of these days, it will literally blow your mind.

nah. this is now a libtard vs conservatard thread :^)

you mean like most of the things on /pol/?

>hahaha fuck having an opinion
>only people like me in the middle are smart
>the truth is always in the middle, heh
get fucked

But also stop shitting this board up with crap not pertaining to science for fuck's sake, retards

>can't shti one post without using the /pol/ boogeyman
Oh look its the resident cancerous SJWtard that shits in every thread. No, will will not let you turn this thread into a political one. If you can't stop sucking /pol/s cock so much, fuck off back to

the egg either falls to the left or right. there is no middle ground :^)

superpower
cancer cure soon

Republishing western results for the 1000th time.

>haha I will turn the tables and claim that he is actually the poltard when I actually am the one shitting up every thread with my unscientific claims

Nice.

>resorting to reaction image posting
go away brainlet

I could not help but notice that the protagonist of that STEM advertisement is a woman...

Why doesn't it feel cheap when the chinese do it? When I mean cheap I mean like pic related where it is obvious that some company/organization wants to pander and then got some random team of retards to assemble a scene and then take a picture for le women in stem meme.

I mean, I am sure that if we did not leave in a SJW infested world I would not have even noticed the fact that the picture had a girl in it. I obviously notice it because I have been conditioned by feminists to notice it, but even then I don't care. It looks good.

The protagonist looks serious and is studying. not smiling and posing next to a test tube or something.

>What will be China's position in the science and technology world in 10 years?

China, please nuke the western world and just take over. You do everything so well.

He's actually serious, and possibly retarded. You can identify him by his use of the term SJWtard instead of SJW, often posts trigglypuff gifs to call out "libtard cucks", posts exclusively in dubious pseudo-political threads and actually thinks that people who hold different views from the alt-right belong to /pol/, so everyone belongs to /pol/, even though he suspiciously only insults people with non alt-right views. Don't ask.

kek'd

This. The entire Trump presidency is the backlash of dumb rural whites who are butthurt about their convergence with the rest of America, and are inflicting it upon everyone else.

Since their central gov't liberally invests in tech and the US gov't believes in fairies and pixie dust, expect them to crash the engineering markets with their cheap labor

Shut the fuck up about "SJWs" and feminists you retard.

Women in stem or program advertisements can be seen as a cop-out for legitimate outreach. This is hard, and time consuming, and doesn't see payoff for long time periods (10+ years). But simply seeing a woman in advertisement is not some feminist conspiracy unless you're some literal grognard. In any case there are real social factors that play into discouraging girls from pursuing science and math. Norms and expectations of the community that extend to school systems and those who work in them. If you grew up in a small town or rural community it is very obviously a real thing and not some imaginary bullshit, like encouraging knitting circle and home-ec over anything substantial. The people you have in your head as "SJWs" and "feminists" are the loudest and dumbest, and deserve ridicule, naturally, but you're pointing out some dumb shit

>over anything substantial
So only things that are done predominantly by men are "substantial" and women should strive to be more like men?

It's rather the discouragement of doing things primarily done by men that's a problem. Those things are not bad in themselves.

The ridicule of femininity will destroy every civilization that takes part in it, so I think it's a bigger problem than little girls being discouraged from contributing to the market saturation in STEM jobs.

>men wouldn't like women (more than half of the population) to be more involved in STEM therefore increasing the possibility of having some sort of breakthrough or ''progress'' in any field
>W-women are incapable of doing t-the things I do I-its not because I hate them or anything like that!!!!11

The funny thing is that he just told you how to do outreach -well-, and pointed out how the common American version of it is done poorly.

But since you saw the magic three letters, your knee hit the underside of your desk and you raged at him.

You defeat yourselves.

I heard the entire country is running out of water. They may have smart people and a decent military but what would be the point if your land is polluted and without water?

>Shut the fuck up about "SJWs" and feminists you retard.

I will when they shut up. And guess what, that includes you because...

> In any case there are real social factors that play into discouraging girls from pursuing science and math.

Now every fucking company has an advertisement saying LE WOMEN STEM MEME XD

Wow! Nice discouragement there. There was even a recent one by some car company that had a beautiful girl racing in a car she made against a fat, disgusting looking guy. Nice fucking propaganda.

But no, women are discouraged! TOTALLY!

> like encouraging knitting circle

Ever heard of a word called no? When I was little I was encouraged to do drugs. You don't see me doing drugs

>B-BUT, WE ARE ENCOURAGED TO DO UNSUBSTANTIAL THINGS

Literally don't do those things you fucking retard.

>simply seeing a woman in advertisement is not some feminist conspiracy unless you're some literal grognard

9.99... / 10 times, it is.

Not the user you are talking but...

>Now every fucking company has an advertisement saying LE WOMEN STEM MEME

Whats wrong with that? Could you carefully explain and prove that there's anything wrong with encouraging women (an equally important part of the population that's not AS involved as men due to societal factors on STEM) to participate more on STEM education programs?

Physics has reached a dead end (did so in the 70s with le meme string theory).

Biology is about to enter a renaissance as we start hybridizing people, this will be a colossal social problem in the long term future.

Chemistry is turning regular children into zombie consumer slaves, I expect China to ban all of the big multinational pharmaceutical companies and GMO agriconglomerates.

Technology is near spontaneous AI, we have security cameras all around the globe acting as eyes and ears, pseudo-analog quantum clustering techniques mimicking the non-language based centres of the brain to do pattern matching on big data, all that is missing IS the language centre to tie it all together; we have a self-referential problem there and the best way to overcome it is to tinker with complex global networks until something emerges spontaneously, needs to be feedback driven systems with their data looped back into their primary information gathering sensors.

Personally I don't think this leads to superintelligence, more like a supermax prison type system, where a semi retarded AI with perfect recall can enforce all laws seamlessly on a globally integrated population, which each world region having a different flavour of control.

We will reach the stage where withdrawal from the internet will cause physical death, at that stage AI will occur.

>We will reach the stage where withdrawal from the internet will cause physical death

What?

There is nothing wrong with it (as long as it is not blatant propaganda, as is sometimes the case).

But it goes directly against the fairy tale that women are discouraged from going into STEM. If anything they over-encouraged in popular culture and I say that because in pop culture no one encourages men to enter science. And by that I mean no one targets men specifically, unlike some people who target women specifically.

I'm inclined to believe anything you say, but is there any media outlet that's not just ideologically against trump.

I'm not American, but to me he seems like a rich guy, sideways entering into politics, with a terrible relation to environment ideas, but also with the extremely pleasantly surprising feature of actually doing what he talked about during the election.
And he's a protectionist and people apparently say it's racist if you deport illegal immigrants?

All those papers say Trumps actions are bad -whatever he does-. How can I judge the actual discussions from the autopilot anti-Trump ones?

>as long as it is not blatant propaganda

Whichever way you look at it, it IS propaganda even if you don't perceive as such. It is intended to do what I told you, to encourage women to work towards some STEM degree because societal factors across the years (and this goes way way back) pushed them away from it.

There's literally nothing wrong with this.

>against the fairy tale that women are discouraged from going into STEM

Many women are, user. That user you were talking to explained it really well and it makes sense. But then you oversimplified things and said ''Lol but what if you just say no?!'' like if it was that simple back then and now.

>And by that I mean no one targets men specifically

Because we are well established onto these fields and its been like this for.... decades? We need more propaganda to target us, why tho? I doubt anything can change that.

>unlike some people who target women specifically.

Because they intend exactly what is desired. To have some sort of equality on STEM fields and more women simply get into it. Can't you see that this is good for like everybody?

Why does that equality matter?

Perhaps think if any of those actions he is doing are actually good relative to the economy and if they will have the desired impact his cult like following says it will?

Reasonable individuals don't go against them because ''racist'' but because they are simply stupid ideas that will be corrected once the man gets out of office.

>it IS propaganda

Now, advertisement is not equivalent to propaganda. This proves you are well read in any kind of literature.

To put it in simple terms, what differences propaganda from advertisement is that propaganda is inherently dishonest.

For example, picture an advertisement for the US military

Ad 1: It shows the military doing normal things like exercise, putting on their uniforms, maybe shooting some things.

Ad 2: The same, but at some point they actually get in a battlefield and all the opponents (think muslims, russians, etc.) have really deformed faces and that look hideous.

Ad 1 is not propaganda because there is nothing it is being dishonest about. But Ad 2 is being very dishonest about what war is. It is portraying other cultures are subhuman, it is saying they look deformed and are weird. It is subconciously telling you that other people are inferior and thus deserve to be killed.

Moving on...

>like if it was that simple back then and now.

Even if it is not simple for a young person to say no to their mom and whatever, when they become 18 and are functioning human beings with agency then they can say

>Hey, no. Fuck your knitting, I now want to be a mathematician

No one, not even their knitting-loving momma is going to tell them: HOL UP HOL UP HOL UP. Did you forget you have a VAGINA? A mathematician can't have a VAGINA LOL get back to the kitchen, I am force-marrying you to your cousin Jerry and you better have 20 kids and make him sandwiches every day.

Literally no one says that.

>We need more propaganda to target us, why tho

Well, if feminism is equality then 100% pro-women advertisement (or as you honestly call it, propaganda) is agains their own goals. But we all know that they have ulterior motives. They want the average woman to be wealthier than the average man an then through classism turn us into second class citizens. It is not the first time it has been done. The US government did it to black people.

You talk of these ideas of ''SJW'' and ''feminism'' and propaganda. But this goes way back into the past. Longer than you think, as it was Plato who, when defining the most perfect State, talked about offering all groups on a society a certain level of equality so they could freely distinguish themselves on a certain field which ultimately would benefit everybody.

Concerning the sciences (or the pursue of knowledge) Plato defined that the outcome of a soul in which reason governs is the pursue of truth. Naturally, there's certain fields that get us closer to the truth and the possibility to study them should be equally offered to all groups that conform a society.

Only tyrants would deny such possibilities.

he's still better than hillary and that's all that matters

>No one, not even their knitting-loving momma is going to tell them: HOL UP HOL UP

I don't know dude, I am pretty sure it happened in the past (and to some extent today) for quite a while and, as most things, such behaviors left quite a stain in future generations.

I perceive any attempts as those described as a way of fixing the damage caused by alienating women from these fields.

>They want the average woman to be wealthier than the average man an then through classism turn us into second class citizens

Maybe? I don't know friend.

Anyways, hopefully more women get onto these shit fields and start doing some good stuff out there for the well being of any society they belong to.

Not him but that user made a statement that clearly told nothing about how to do an "outreach" right.

The issue is everyone here in the West is obsessed with explicitly fighting each other's strawmen and invisible boogiemen like some shitty Jojo stand/pokemon meme fight bullshit just so they can feel accomplished about something.

Meanwhile China is mainly focused on one goal and that's to outperform the U.S. both economically and scientifically by any means necessary. They don't give flying fuck if the Whites or the West as a whole call them soulless, small dick cheaters because their only concern is to topple the West economically. This is China's "space race"!

Then there's the U.S. who literally just had a presidential election a few months back where the main topic wasn't about science, education, economics or security but how best to fight the other opponent's "id".

And this isn't to say China doesn't have its own social infighting bullshit but they don't exacerbate it to the point where it actively interferes with the mission.

Fun fact, China also has its own affirmative action with it's non Han Chinese native ethnic groups that allowed said people to ignore the one child policy, not have to pay certain taxes and special education assistance.
They also have programs that are directed to promote women in productive fields aka STEM.
They also have a Muslim population that's been in China for centuries.
They also have investment projects in sub-sahara Africa.

All the shit Veeky Forums and /pol/ bitch about, China does the exact same shit too. So there isn't anything "special" about our circumstances other than the fact we are on the other side of the fence.

So why don't we push for voting reform?
First past the post is what got us to this shitty two party system.

Yeah, you're most likely right.
But desu I would have been much more unsettled if Clinton had won. Then the wheel of things getting worse bit by bit would have continued.
Now there's the chance of shit hitting the fan quick enough and discussion and change.

>I am pretty sure it happened in the past

I am pretty sure it didn't. I mean, you are clearly a mangina white knight so you probably know about Ada Lovelace. Do you know that she actually studied mathematics? She had tutors who taught her mathematics pretty much at every stage of her life. And in her adult life she even published papers. Why was that? Weren't women supposed to be opressed back in the 1800s? Well, here is a little secret:

You know who studied science back in the day? Wealthy people. Ada Lovelace was wealthy, so she could hire as many tutors as her pussy needed. Poor people did not study STEM because they did not have a dime to spend on even the shittiest edition of Spivak.

Welcome to reality. The actual STEM gap is in poor/wealthy not male/female because wealthy females could study whatever the fuck they wanted.

>alienating women from these fields.

Who exactly alienated women from these fields? When? How? What did they do.

Is there a poster that says "NO VAGINA-HUMANS ALLOWED IN THE LAB" at your university? I am sure there isn't, buddy.

> for the well being of any society they belong to.

Sure, but this could be accomplished by having UNISEX commercials. That way both sides get encouraged and we can all reap the rewards of having both genders do great work. No reason for it to always be LE WOMEN IN STEM

youtu.be/zRdNOQcfp-8
The oligarchy presents two of the shittiest people in the world to represent you, and the best you can say is "at least it wasn't shit candidate number 2". What happened to you America? You used to believe in no taxation without representation and now you've become the very thing you fled from.

@8703331

I see. Well good luck with your life friendo.

it's only logical, look at how much time people are spending connected. This is a very dangerous drug, changing the way our brain works, creating co-dependence. Give it another decade and who knows the level of internet integration into every day activities, to the point it monitors and 'enhances' a bodies autonomous life functions. A remote life and kill switch then wont be far off, and after that plugging in full time or body hopping your consciousness to avoid death is realistic. You are just a mapping structure in the brain, your body is a vessel, it has to be this way because with enough meditation and drugs we can experience a sensation of leaving the body, so if it can be chemically or psychologically induced it must also be possible to do so through mechanistic/digital means.

Frontier science tends to develop intuitively first, to pursue a breakthrough you follow what seems logical and consistent. Demonic possession and the supernatural can simply be explained as natural glitches, and consciousness then is a pattern or overlay which can be imprinted onto a human brain or something analogous to it.

China will probably experiment with wiping and rewriting someones brain through electric shock and induced currents, and along this path is how you can eventually 'copy' or transfer one mind into another. I think transferring the physical brain is very difficult, look at the immunity problem with organ and limb transplants, but that is another avenue which will also be pursued.

Biggest reason this will happen is because guys like Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, various chinese billionaires won't accept death and will pump their own billions privately into this research.

It turns out that a governing system based around voting doesn't work when nobody fucking votes.

>China does the exact same shit too

probably because the same global web structure controls their leadership. I swear to fucking God it's either hybrid humans or directly aliens, probably like 5 or 6 of them jerking off somewhere in space and beaming thoughts into specific people's heads to manipulate them.

It's an elegant and simple explanation as to why ever since WWII there has only been one power, working towards a hive mind.

You're given a lot of freedom to fight between groups, but NONE to fight the eventual destination, massive group unity and homogeneity. There is a force there, an unstoppable impetus since prehistoric times to recreate the tower of Babel.

It's almost like all humans are members of the same species and thus have similar behaviors.

>>

Even if it is not simple for a young person to say no to their mom and whatever, when they become 18 and are functioning human beings with agency then they can say

>Hey, no. Fuck your knitting, I now want to be a mathematician

bruh you don't see a problem with this? just going to jump right into university level maths with no background in math. even having a transition program for those who are smart enough without the background to get up to speed would be immensely helpful.

also you're a huge fucking moron, it's not worth arguing against your "points" because it's a bunch of dumb bullshit

damn these nerds are really mad that they aren't the target audience for advertisements

>bruh you don't see a problem with this? just going to jump right into university level maths with no background in math. even having a transition program for those who are smart enough without the background to get up to speed would be immensely helpful.

What the fuck? School is mandatory for everyone and mathematics is ultra mandatory for everyone in school. And, in case you don't know, a high school education in mathematics is enough to then do mathematics at university.

Yes, Anita. I can assure you. There is no hidden boys-only club that teaches all men advanced mathematics so that then we can succeed more in life. It doesn't exist. We all just go to school, graduate, and then enroll into a mathematics program.

Nice argument bruv

reality is the great arbiter in this situation. women don't do STEM because most STEM jobs are anti-social cubicle droning with books or charts or something.

women actually do quite well in school, but handle the crushing 9-5 grind. men don't burn out as much.

>physics has reached a dead end
lel

The problem with the US is literally the Boomers. The Boomers gave us the New Left in the 60s and 70s, then graduated and went to Wall Street and gave us Reaganism in the 80s, gave us Clintonism in the 90s, elected Dubya, and just as one last "fuck you, we's gona make this country GREAT AGAIN! No more Moozlims and spics!", they gave us Trump.

Younger people are all going to be crushed under the sheer mass of boomers demanding that the government get their hands off their Medicare after having voted even mild forms of social democracy away.

name another species that is redirecting itself from an individual resource driven selfish mode towards a hierarchical hive structure with a queen and billions of drones.

I'm not seeing wolves or bears or whales do this. We are not ants or bees. See how your eyes are forward facing. That means you're an owl not a pidgeon.

It's almost like you have no idea how predator species operate and thus assume that competition is abandoned in favor of cooperation spontaneously without any external pressures.

Except we have evidence of an external pressure- humans on wolves- where Siberian wolves form superpacks to survive and raid remote Russian towns - except that fits in with my working theory and rebuffs yours. Whoops.

Why does it have to be an "external" pressure? Why can't humans be their own pressure?

you repeatedly state that women are not offered the same opportunities - this is patently horseshit, at least in western countries. Are you even in STEM?

get this: gender roles are based in biological reality. just because outcomes are unequal does not imply some horrible tyranny is at work.

@8703453

because humans are animals, subject to their environment and genetics.

they are not magical angelic creatures who operate in a vacuum.

The ordered and structured nature of the global village of nations and multinational corporations is a blip in time, compared to the tens and tens of thousands of years of savage cruelty and brutality between migrating tribes fighting for limited resources.

That means the last 300-400 years are FREAK occurrences completely alien to the human experience and nobody even bothers to try and explain it.

Environmental and genetic pressures force us to murder and steal from those outside our tribe.

External, civilization driven pressures force us to cooperate and unite into a homogeneous and pacified block for various religious ideals: profit, progress, knowledge.

Except tracing the roots of every single human civilization leads you to a mystery, unless you take their own origin stories literally, all of which say Gods or a God with magical powers did it.

You're now stuck explaining the roots of civilization, and just like the universe you have a problem, where it _just_ happened and it continues to happen and the fundamental driving force of expansion or progress is momentum, frictionless motion across an expanding manifold.

OR... given what we know about the abudance of exoplanets in our galaxy alone, and observing our interaction with more primitive species of animals on our own planet...

obviously, aliens.