Is there a correlation between musical preference and IQ?

Is there a correlation between musical preference and IQ?

This song is highly preferential, and my IQ is 130

youtube.com/watch?v=1plPyJdXKIY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PtzDaV_TRMo
youtube.com/watch?v=FJJ8hWDXWGs
youtube.com/watch?v=PZ307sM0t-0
youtube.com/watch?v=dP9KWQ8hAYk
youtube.com/watch?v=TtI7cbaV5gA
youtube.com/watch?v=hJQqA906Ht4
youtu.be/2tIwYNioDL8
youtube.com/watch?v=ymSgls0Ce24
youtube.com/watch?v=tnED6NcXBhg
youtube.com/watch?v=-a3SIjNKHHg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZYb_8MM1tGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DGPyHQ2FSUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6QvMcQ2Eejo
youtube.com/watch?v=2unb1Cf04EI
youtube.com/watch?v=-MRCWy2E_Ts
youtube.com/watch?v=lfKrjZWG09c&list=PLH22-xSMERQolPbs7jGqjLm-5Yl7QhQiT
youtu.be/s4Yb_vf-Qfo
youtube.com/watch?v=_aY6TxC1ojA
youtube.com/watch?v=IvUU8joBb1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=9LmNawNtWIE
youtube.com/watch?v=cjqOsYRQI0o
youtu.be/ZupDIa9e2LE
youtube.com/watch?v=Htl3XWUhUOM
youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=suNxeqrd3Lw
youtube.com/watch?v=tsfnuyyjaB0
youtube.com/watch?v=hU_NRegd82w
youtube.com/watch/?v=87l9IhZkUuw
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18694826
youtube.com/watch?v=6VDoG6Wnozw
youtube.com/watch?v=WqYrZs6EBrM
journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0305735607086044
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3957486/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19673769
nature.com/neuro/journal/v14/n2/abs/nn.2726.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>not listening to the real high iq shit
youtube.com/watch?v=PtzDaV_TRMo

Suck my fucking dick dude

people who listen exclusively to manufactured pop need to be quarantined

unfortunately that includes my own mother

Anything other than jazz, blues, classic rock, and deep house is brainlet sounds

>deep house
Anything other than non-bandwagon genres of music is brainlet sounds.

drone

This is the REAL high iq hocus pocus genius music: youtube.com/watch?v=FJJ8hWDXWGs

I think there is a correlation between mathematical ability and music taste.

High IQ is not always useful, hard work gets you a LOT further in life than the genetic gift you lucked into.

130 is not particularly special. 150+ you become an interesting child, because we can advance you must faster and you will be able, with the right guidance to influence a particular field, contributing to it by your early 20s.

130 is just basic top IQ

My personal opinion is that rap music is restless, and people who listen to it, much like people who listen to metal are desperate to unleash their creative energy into the world, but lack the experience or determination to do so on their own- they funnel their frustration and inadequacy into a music that is equal parts anger and passive resistance.

Pop music is mana from heaven, to feed those who require mental sustenance but do not have the ability to feed themselves.

Classical music is simply mechanistic appreciation for something difficult. Much like watching people construct a massive bridge is equal parts relaxing, enthralling and boring.

Almost all music follows the trope of the hero's epic, myth and legend. It's a way to convince young people to obey a certain standard of behavior, young men get a virgin, young women get a hot dicking.

Nice word salad

I can summarise:
>Music is for idiots, by idiots.

youtube.com/watch?v=PZ307sM0t-0

Enjoy your Paganini.

Nice autism salad

My IQ is 143 and classical music is the only non-degenerate music that intellectuals should listen to

youtube.com/watch?v=dP9KWQ8hAYk

>over 150 iq
>listening to anything but this youtube.com/watch?v=TtI7cbaV5gA

pick one and only one

>>IQ is 143
>>intellectual

>implying you have an IQ higher than 100

I have my evidence right besides me, do you?

my IQ is -1/12

youtube.com/watch?v=hJQqA906Ht4

youtu.be/2tIwYNioDL8

Holy shit your IQ is 143 holy fucking shit.

My IQ is actually 160.

youtube.com/watch?v=ymSgls0Ce24

>IQ of 140
>Not impressive

Come on, man.

Have you ever thought that musical taste varies greatly from genius to genius?

:^)
jk it's actually just 88

No. There's only one way to roll.

This board has a minimum IQ requirement of 160. That's the brainlet cutoff.

>Too intelligent to not like Moon Safari

youtube.com/watch?v=tnED6NcXBhg

>tfw to intelligent too listen two mainstream music

youtube.com/watch?v=-a3SIjNKHHg

please dont post again

>jazz
i hate it, drives me nuts

>not studying all music ever made

>Tfw when you think you're too intelligent but you're grammatically a fucking retard

>tfw 2 intelligent two pick up obviously intentional misspellings.

My iq is 210. I'm deaf.

No but there is a correlation between believing in the validity of IQ tests and being retarded.

IQ 170 here
youtube.com/watch?v=ZYb_8MM1tGQ

Don't know my IQ but I produce 180+ BPM edm mostly with lots of filtered noises

>Have 135 IQ
>Am basically well-spoken idiot
youtube.com/watch?v=DGPyHQ2FSUQ

>130 IQ
>Tfw love eastern ratios and eastern instrument harmonics.
>Tfw the shamisen is one of my favorite instruments.
>Tfw music gives life to the world as I perceive it.
>Tfw all these things are actually common as fuck on the world scale and in reality have no bearing whatsoever on my "intelligence".

youtube.com/watch?v=6QvMcQ2Eejo

youtube.com/watch?v=2unb1Cf04EI

youtube.com/watch?v=-MRCWy2E_Ts

Only the most intelligent individuals will be able to enjoy such masterpiece : ANIMALS AS LEADERS - The Madness of Many: youtube.com/watch?v=lfKrjZWG09c&list=PLH22-xSMERQolPbs7jGqjLm-5Yl7QhQiT

t. 195 IQ

Only the most intelligent mins will be able to enjoy such composition : ANIMALS AS LEADERS - The Madness of Many: youtube.com/watch?v=lfKrjZWG09c&list=PLH22-xSMERQolPbs7jGqjLm-5Yl7QhQiT

"The brain dance" is especially easy to listen to even though the time signatures remain exotic : youtu.be/s4Yb_vf-Qfo

>t. 195 IQ

>The ability to enjoy obscurity is not necessarily a sign of intelligence.
That being said, feel free to listen to this unusual and obscure instrument, known only as a Yaybahar.

youtube.com/watch?v=_aY6TxC1ojA

>The current year plus two.
>Electric boogaloo.
>Plebeians don't know about mechanical music.
>Shiggy diggy doo.
youtube.com/watch?v=IvUU8joBb1Q

150 IQ here.

Theres a scientific difference between what is known as a "trained ear" and "untrained ear".

being smart helps you have a trained ear, but you can be smart and still enjoy the same shitty pop the masses like.

incidentally, heres a youtube link for the thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=9LmNawNtWIE

>people don't know about mechanical music
>mechanical music
user, I don't think you've thought this through...

Classical music is real brainlet-tier, right?
>inb4 only people who pretend to be smart listen to it

People of above average intellect, on the most part, are critical about their tastes, and that includes music. They are not content with just listening a song and digging it. Even if they are not knowledgeable about music, they will analyze some aspects of each song. Thus, they will be leaning to the more complex genres.
That being said, a small percentage of intelligent people don't care about that and will just listen to the music without thinking about it, like a chad who will listen to pop just because it is played on clubs, but doesn't study much and still gets good grades.

Real brainlet tier is claiming that certain types of music are brainlet tier. If you look hard enough there is something to like about pretty much any musical genre.

I like classical music but I don't claim that listening to it makes me smart or sophisticated. People who do that are fucking stupid.

\thread

>dad rock

I know that thumbnail anywhere

pretty pleb taste for such a smart person

This, and you should hold at least one nobel laurateate

Just 1 is a bit sad, but I guess it'll do as proof of ability at least

No, I do not have your evidence besides me.
>tfw to much evidence too be true

b-but Arnold Schwarzenegger!

>youtube.com/watch?v=6QvMcQ2Eejo
Cool, sounds like eastern instruments played to modern western song structure/phrasing.

>youtube.com/watch?v=2unb1Cf04EI
"This content is not available in your country"
I am disappoint. That titty in the thumbnail, tho.

"mechanical"
All those sounds are post production.

What about IDM, Trance, industrial, house, classic mutechno? I'd post apex twin and lorn but I'm new to sci...I came from pol.

Aphex*

You'd have to be a monster to hate Regulate or the song they ripped the bars from

youtube.com/watch?v=cjqOsYRQI0o

I only listen to rap. young thug, rich homie quan, drake, etc... my IQ is 122 and I'm studying computer science and math at a top 20. Weird how that works huh?

Also when I'm in my car listening to rap I have a kicker system which makes the bass goes so hard the cars around me will feel the full affect.

i have a 142 Stanford-Binet tested IQ and I listen to metalcore

>ctrl+f
>no mention of Autistechre, the most brilliantly engineered aural experience

I'm a potato and I like this, youtu.be/ZupDIa9e2LE
We're >smart< patrol, nowhere to go, suburban robots that monitor humanity.

Tbh it's not too autistic for the first half.

>t. fedora

>not listening to IQ 200 muzak

youtube.com/watch?v=Htl3XWUhUOM

All of you are absolute peasants, incapable of appreciating the finest of high IQ music.

youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

>listening to music

protip: enjoying music automatically makes you a brainlet

think about it. What is music? It's just vibrations in the air. It's basically just repeated patterns in the frequency of vibrations over and over. Our "enjoyment" of music strictly boils down to how we interpret the patterns and recognize the repetition in the brain.

That's why more intelligent people tend to listen to more complex music patterns. The more and more intelligent you get, the less and less likely you are to listen to mainstream music, and eventually you reach a point where no music at all is enjoyable. The patterns of every songs just becomes predictable and boring.

It's yet another disadvantage to being to smart, desu I truly envy the dimwitted in their ignorance and ability to still enjoy things as simple minded as a few chords strung together to a beat

>tfw 2smrt4muzak
>tfw 2smrt4math
>tfw 2smrt4science

Krugerand tier comment
kys

It's a fact that the more complex a pattern is in music, the more difficult it is for your brain to make sense of it.
So if your brain is better at discerning patterns, then you should in theory be able to enjoy more complex music.

However, that doesn't necessarily mean you will. Musical taste is something that develops over time based on what you've listened to before.

They're gods. Need more prog/tech bands like this with no vocals

God-tier music genre is instrumental technical death metal. Sounds like mush to normies but my mind is fully capable of picking the very complex and intricate patterns. Next is classical of course

Pick related feels good not to be a brainlet

So you're saying that my IQ being 145 matches up with me liking this song just perfectly.
youtube.com/watch?v=suNxeqrd3Lw

youtube.com/watch?v=tsfnuyyjaB0

youtube.com/watch?v=hU_NRegd82w

That was good actually

I'm liking this one

That's why I said I like it, my dood.

It's just a gimmick hiding some low tier radiohead class shit.

Also I loathe that hipster fgt

>tfw 16 bit video game music is my favorite

youtube.com/watch/?v=87l9IhZkUuw
113 IQ, nothing special.

My ex girlfriend used to not experience any enjoyment from listening to music and it drove me crazy. Apparently the inability to enjoy music is a thing for like 5% of the population.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18694826

Also, the enjoyment of music shouldn't come from appreciating its complexity lol.

My college roommate was god tier in mathematics but thought music sounded like noise. Totally amusical

brainlet detected

It's quite bizarre when you actually encounter someone like that. It's such a universal shared human experience... almost as weird as it would be for somebody to not enjoy the flavor of any foods.

Although this guy probably doesn't enjoy food because he's so smart he can mentally grasp all at once every possible combinations of sweet, bitter, salty, sour, umami, and texture.

2 out of 3 of those links are blocked in the USA, but already liked that first song.

I think you'd like this song and artist:
youtube.com/watch?v=6VDoG6Wnozw

130 isn't special? It is two standard deviations above average and you're significantly better suited for almost every single intellectual task. At that intelligence you can likely do just about whatever you want if you work towards it.

Brainlet fedora confirmed.

>Not listening to a wide variety of music and expanding your taste

You sound autistic.

Yeah but the average includes a lot of dumb people. Old people, people with malnutrition, immigrants with head trauma etc...

For people that don't have any of the obvious handicaps, 120 is basically average.

Real geniuses listen to metal.

youtube.com/watch?v=WqYrZs6EBrM

Meth addicts and kids with no friends listen to metal*

Fixed that for you

>brainlet
It's the opposite actually. Musical training at a young age improves memory and cognition

journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0305735607086044
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3957486/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19673769

>when you're smart, you can't enjoy repetitive activities
This is ridiculous right on its face. Highly intelligent people can still enjoy simple-minded activities like eating good food, having sex, exercising, etc.

Before you say music isn't like those, think again -- at least 50% of people report physical sensations (usually chills) when they listen to music they really like. That's consistent with neurological research as well.
nature.com/neuro/journal/v14/n2/abs/nn.2726.html

Even instrumental jazz like kenny g, david newman, john coltrane, boney james, and the like?
Bebop, ragtime, and vocal jazz can be obnoxious, but Ive never met anyone who didnt like some aspect of jazz.
Smooth/cool jazz, avant-garde jazz, and jazz blues are top teir.

Zed Zepplin, Cream, Paul McCartney, Jethro Tull, Elton John, ELO, and Lynyrd Skynyrd are the best groups and artists of all time. No debate, hands down.

>Zed Zeppelin

>my IQ is 130
iq tests from morning serial boxes don't count

>serial boxes