Is this the best poetry book ever written in human history ? I think so

Is this the best poetry book ever written in human history ? I think so.

Other urls found in this thread:

fleursdumal.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

To you? Maybe.

>en anglais

The title sounds so awkward in English.

Not really. A lot of the poetry sounds awkward in English but as a native English speaker the title sounds fine to me.

ceci

That's because you are a native English speaker, you dense motherfucker.

If a native speaker can't tell when something sounds awkward in their own language who the fuck can? English is meant for English speakers. If it sounds good to English speakers then it's not awkward. It might not sound the same in the original French, but that doesn't make it awkward.

this so freakin much.

its like watching a bad movie of a great book you know well.

you can only have an opinion in the matter if you know both. cause of course it will sound normal to you if you judge it from within.

A translation is for the benefit of the people who don't speak the original language. If it doesn't sound awkward to them, then it doesn't sound awkward. Untrue to the tone of the original title perhaps, but not awkward.

It sounds awkward.
FLOWERS of EVIL is the kind of title you expect from the next neckbeard fantasy REALM.

You're just projecting your insecurities unto a normal sounding title.

How autistic are you?

It's ok, guys. He's a native English speaker, he EVIDENTLY knows all there is to know about awkward titles.

How is it awkward? Do you even know what the word "awkward" means? As expected from frogs.

im guessing a lot of francophones on this board are quebecois or other diaspora people

in the shelf threads ive seen maybe 3 people total who had a substantial collection of folios

I actually started teaching myself French ten months ago, just so I could finally read Baudelaire's œuvres in their original tongue one day.

It's my endgame, so it'll be a few years or so, maybe even a decade, before I can get anywhere near proficient enough to pick up all the little intricacies Monsieur Baudelaire has so artistically laid out for us.

"Hymn," "The Death of the Poor," and "The Metamorphoses of the Vampire" are my favorite poems of his; and "The Eyes of the Poor" (XXVI), and "Beat Up the Poor" (XLIX) are what I think to be his best short stories, both from "Paris Spleen." He shines best when he's talking about the society of the people whom are laden with the debt of lacking. Guy's a fuckin' legend.

>teaching myself
Are you ashamed to call it learning, or what? You are not teaching anything to anybody since one must grasp the subject matter before one can teach. And if Baudelaire is your endgame, then it looks like you're "laden with the debt of lacking" iq points.

What's your problem?

Autism most likely.

edgy

C'est moi l'OP, et j'ai bien évidemment lu les fleurs du mal en français.

Oh, and it's my first time here on this board, and i have to say that the level of autism is even higher than on fucking /r9k/ and /pol/ combined. What the fuck is wrong with all of you.

> higher than r9k and poll combined

There are some fucking dweebs here but Christ no we're not that bad

He browses Veeky Forums, so there's probably more than a few

Did you see the women hate thread we just had?

LA
TOUT N'EST QU'ORDRE
LUXE
CALME
Et VOLUPTE

PO
PÖESIE

That's just /pol/ and /r9k/ bleeding over into the other boards. They aren't equipped to contain those levels of faggotry.

But yeah you're right mods need to stop being such pussies and clean this place up.

fleursdumal.org/

there ya go everybody. enjoy it!

ps, some english translations are pretty ok. i don't know enough french to comprehend this text unfortunately but this website gives you multiple english translations so take a look and find your favorite!

where horror flies at night....

YES

>PO
>PÖESIE
Qu'a-t'il voulu dire par ceci?