Does drinking make you a better or worse writer, in your subjective experience...

Does drinking make you a better or worse writer, in your subjective experience? I personally feel like I get really stupid when I drink, so I try not to. Absinthe welcome.

Better here. Far more prolific, and it adds a bit of outside-the-box chaos that I can control, or edit later when sober.

>Absinthe welcome.
This is the memiest of all meme drinks, right here.

Otherwise, Alcohol is only a tool. If you use it well, it can help. If you don't know how to use it, or are better at other tools, it won't help.

The greatest writers in history were all drunks, nigga.

Since I'm not a loser, I only drink when with friends, so no writing there.

you're spooked by social conventions, fag.

>increasingly insecure man compelled to anonymously declare to complete strangers that he isn't a loser yet again

You've obviously never had an ice cold glass of high quality hunagrian absinthe desu.

It's a completelly different high compared to normal alkohol. Just get a quality one with at least 40mg/L Thujone.

Anyone seen recent pics of Mira? She is ageing really badly

>high
You're right though. Absinthe with psychoactive quantities of thujone is hard to come by in the US, I'm not sure it's legal to import. It's a much more lucid experience.

She reminds me of the girl you want to plow because of long standing friendship and personal regard and not because of her looks.

IDK maybe I'm the only one who wants to do that. In some fantasy world where the entire female gender wanted to plow me I would cut a beeline to a few special girls and make all the models and actresses take a number.

I care about your hypothetical situation in which you were fuckable. Your post was not in vain, and you're definitely not shitting up this board.
:^)

I know exactly what you mean.

On some weird unconscious level I feel like I have a chance with Mira because we shitpost about her. I feel like if I got trapped in an elevator for ten hours with Mira, she'd eventually let me eat her ass or something.

Congratulations, you won first prize in the shitposting competition we've been holding!

What a same. It's really a great experience, although there are DIY recipes. All you really need are some herbs and a distillery (which you can get for cheap on amazon). It's not really much harder than brewing beer. And there are even prepared kits jou just have to mix alcohol in and wait some weeks.

I mean, if you're gonna drink your sorrows away, at least do it with style.

Jesus R Christ, im such a fucking loser that i want to know who the fuck its that ugly bitch so later i can daydream about having a relationship -_-' uh, i dont know what a dis gustingfeel!

i know but im not telling hehe

Thelonius Monk said that he felt obliged to hate white jazz musicians but he just couldn't manage it. I feel the same way about Mira. I know she's a meme but I just kind of like her.

Common sage contains large quantities of thujone.

I get more verbose and inspired for a while when drinking, but start making too many mistakes to write anything serious. My prose also gets so emotional it's just embarrassing to read afterwards. And for the next two days, performance falls well below average, so not really worth it. I only drink for fun after a draft is completed.

I can't do fucking anything when I'm drunk much less write

My fiction is borderline aestheticism, and I get very cheerful when I drink, so the two work well. I'm wondering of opium tea is legal where I am (Canada), I think owning a poppy bulb is legal but I don't know if actually using it is.

Alcohol itself doesn't do anything for your writing ability.

Many writers have the mindset that makes them alcoholics, but the alcohol doesn't really have anything to do with it, it's just how their mind works.

>hunagrian
It is true that all my Absinthe experiences were in the US, and highly overhyped.

If I'm ever in Hungaria I'll have to try it.

That's why I come to this hungarian absinthe- connoisseur forum, to learn the real deal.

Sometimes alcohol works well, sometimes it doesn't.
When I write drunk, it's straight to the point and Hemingway-ish, more focused on the plot than on the prose without any self-correction.
When I'm sober, most of the time I do need that self-correction to keep the text simple.

Then sometimes I can't write when drunk at all. Kills my focus and motivation.

It's Hungary and Hungarian hogy a kurva anyátokat basszátok meg

GOG ES MAGOG FIA VAGYOK EN

Hiába döngetek kaput, falat
S mégis megkérdem tőletek:
Szabad-e sírni a Kárpátok alatt?

Nice one user. Fellow hunfag?

MIRA IS CUTE, CUTE!

ja

>just how their mind works.
Yeah, I get that, I feel overwhelmed since I'm autistic as fuck and my mind goes into hyperfocus(actual term) thinking about awesome stuff and I feel like I have to sit down and chill soon after.

I got chronic pancreatitis from binge eating, it would soothe me.
I also use anime to calm me down. It mentally washes away my thoughts and helps me concentrate on the animu girls.

If I liked the taste of alcohol and had the money to blow on that instead of food I would probably be an alcoholic.
I needed something to keep the demons at bay.

I wouldn't know it if it makes me better but it certainly makes me more prolific. Drink dulls that editors voice telling me to start over all the time.

I find it makes me better at just about everything non-mathematical, writing included. I'm far more eloquent when I'm tipsy or drunk, to the extent that I can speak my second language absolutely fluently rather than slowly and brokenly, so my language skills in general improve vastly - up to a point, of course. Also, my sense of humour is far sharper and my manner more direct, which, again, comes across well in writing.

To be honest, the only time when I don't at least have a beer while I write is when it's a STEM essay.