Finished the French tree on Duolingo

>Finished the French tree on Duolingo

Now tell me how do I get on such a level that I can read authors like Proust in the original language?

Any suggestions of good books written in non-complicated French? Where can I find bilingual French ebooks?

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9QDHej9UGAdMTF6RjhZWkxvQTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kLlBOmDpn1s
doppeltext.com/en/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cela dépend de quel genre de livre tu veux lire, essaie "Le Petit Prince", Stupeur et tremblement.

It's standard for fluency is so low.

I'm not even done an introductory German course and I'm a third to 100% fluency on Duolingo.

Instead of meme garbage like Duolingo and Memrise, are there any programs or websites that just let you read a real French book but you can seamlessly get a definition/conjugation table of any word by clicking on it?

look up "learning with texts"

I'm at like 55% and I can't understand shit.

Although I mostly understood this:

How long did it take you to finish your tree?

It's been ten months since I've started, and I'm on the last three or four modules.

Did you use any other methods of learning? Whether it be through other programs, music, films, books, textbooks, etc.

Also, have you (or can you) read "Le Petit Prince"?

Ok, OP. I finished Duolingo too but no way you can't read a book written in french after that lol specially if you're an anglophone.There's some files when you can get french textbooks and study seriously. drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9QDHej9UGAdMTF6RjhZWkxvQTQ

especially* ops also just go full autism like and watch french films and while the actors are talking you try to repeat it, so you get the accent and stuff
also music a lot, french music has some really interesting catchy disco songs and at the same the ''melancolic'' ones, try listening chanson
youtube.com/watch?v=kLlBOmDpn1s

Je vais te donner mon façon d'apprendre et d'améliorer mon français OP:

Après comprenant des conceptes fondamentales grammaticales, commence à lire des textes français.

Chaque fois que tu lit un mot qui n'est pas familier, cherche sa définition et (important) écrit la mot pour l'étudier plus tard. Tu vas donc apprendre ce mot et tu le reconnaîtras quand tu le lis encore.

>ma façon
>Après avoir compris
>concepts grammaticaux fondamentaux
>tu lis
>écris le mot
Legit technique, doesn't seem to work wonders on learning genders though, can confirm with german

Should I learn french or italian?

I am really liking italian, but choose one you may someday visit

or if you want to pick up Spanish later, take Italian
or
People have reported Vietnamese is easier after french

Zazie dans la metro

>let you read a real French book but you can seamlessly get a definition
Readlang, and i think LangQ does that. You can also buy a Kindle and get a French-to-English dictionary (free) for it. I think you'll have to learn grammar by some other method.

Dipends on your interests, obviously

You wasted your time to be honest.

Then recommend something better.

sucking my dick

Get a parallel text, "great french short stories of the 20th century" is a good literal parallel text. Some of The stories suck but it helps. Penguin has some too, but they have more liberal translations.

Really? But french is an actual long and hard language, I'll remind you.

actually for an english speaker french is easy. try russian, japanese, or mandarin if you want something actually difficult.

>no way you can't read a book written in french after that lol specially if you're an anglophone

Bullshit. Most anglos don't need to know any french to be able to read and understand it. They are practically the same language.

Fleurs du mal, buy bilinguical version

English and French aren't even in the same language group. English is germanic, French is romantic.

I read L'Étranger after finishing Duolingo French tree, but Spanish is my native language.

How hard is it to learn frog if your native language is romantic (Portuguese) and you have a pretty decent grasp of English?

I want to learn it because of the literature, but it sounds absolutely disgusting. I'm also learning German, which makes me afraid of having to prioritize one of them.

Rene Barjavel's Ravage was the first french novel I ever read

Pretty cool, had that strong social message french feel to it, and a wild sci-fi story

Not terribly difficult, although i definitely had to keep a dictionary on me at all times

Yeah but france conquered england for a really long time so there's a shitload of overlap in the languages

read amélie nothomb's 'stupeur & tremblement' and 'les catilinaires'

>but it sounds absolutely disgusting
>native language is (Portuguese)
toppesht kek

>inb4 thread is derailed into an endless litany of Spanish x Portuguese shitposting

Avevo finito il albero italiano, ma me sembra più utile il mio proprio mezzo.

Any good way to keep on learning?

doppeltext.com/en/

The interface is really convenient. However, only some of the books can be read for free.

French is a bit infuriating t.b.h. There are so many constructions that you won't understand even if you look up for every word in the dictionary.

>People have reported Vietnamese is easier after french

How?

Underrated post.

And did you have any troubles understanding it? I see it getting recommended quite often, and whilst I only read the English version, especially the first part seems to be written in a relatively easy language.

Russian's not that difficult to be honest.

Latin is the ultimate meme language when it comes to multiple forms of a word.