Name a living Catholic poet whom you admire

Name a living Catholic poet whom you admire.

I can't name a poet or catholic or living person I admire.

Do you admire any objects or non-human entities or ideas then? Name one.

Cormac McCarthy

definitely not catholic what the f

there are no living poets. poetry can't happen on the internet.

>last name's McCarthy, ya dip
>raised catholic
>went to catholic school
>knows that god is war

What more do you want?

I admire Eliot as a writer because his religious/political views are unrelated to his writing ability. Any "X" writer whose "X" is central and indivisible from the writing is sure to be fairly bad.

>I admire Eliot as a writer because his religious/political views are unrelated to his writing ability
But the content of his writing is explicitly religious and political

He's clearly catholic. probably even a Jesuit and/ or went to a catholic school. I haven't read his bio though, just blood meridian

No that is a gloss you apply to it yourself, try reading his works without your prejudices and you will see only the occasional intrusion of those ideas.

I have an Irish name and went to catholic school as well but have had nothing to do with Catholicism since.
Have you guys actually read Blood Meridian? It is very clearly a damnation of the church. How much imagery of death do you need inside of those mexican churches for you to see that? If you want to say he believes in some sort of God I agree but don't say that he is a catholic.

>How much imagery of death do you need inside of those mexican churches to see that?
That's actually (death) hilarious considering every mexican church i've been inside has a broken, tortured dead guy hanging front and center

Have you actually gone to church? What's more catholic than holy violence?

>nothing to do with Catholicism since
if you left the united states (or fill in your country) would you stop being american? no. you are catholic too

A good tree produces good fruit, even though you see none of the tree in the fruit.
That's the secret, to be nowhere in your works, like Shakespeare.

Elliot's writing might not be provably Catholic, but he was a Catholic and his writing deals with themes that are elementary to Catholicism, but because they are so elementary not many people can identify them as distinctly Catholic.

I can't even

In what way is it a damnation of the church? There is much imagery throughout of ruined churches. So you have this landscape of a fallen world with the decay and absence of the unifying moral agent that 'civilizes' man. And what sort of people inhabit this place? tribes of immoral godless heathens killing one another for self interest etc operating within the laws of nature, unbound by religious dogma/ gods law

Myself desu

Speaking as someone who did thesis work on Eliot, you're completely insane. Go read more later Eliot.

This to be quite honest

I admire The Ideas

try again bud

literally jacob boehme you fucking pleb