Damage 6 figure worth lab instrument accidently

>damage 6 figure worth lab instrument accidently
>panic
>quietly cover up the scene to make it look like it was the previous guy using it who broke it
>a few days later
>all hell breaks lose
>the poor guy gets an absolute shitstorm from the lab technician and head of department
>angrily mentions how the department is set back financially by 3 months because of this
>the guy bursts in tears crying
>actually drops out a few days later
>3 months later
>The instrument is repaired
>any users who log in is now recorded automatically by the system for when and how long they use it
>one day
>simply switch on the instrument
>it doesn't turn on
>my blood runs cold
>notice I didn't actually log in the system yet
>flee the scene
>mfw they still dont know it was me

wow fuck off you cunt

Cool blog friendo

I hope you die. Nothing would have gone so awfully if you had just fessed up immediately and explained what happened, and even if it wasn't all cool for you at least you'd get what you deserve. Kill yourself.

Had a good laugh at this
/devilish/, OP

Good,you did well OP.

kek. this story is hilarious but you're an idiot and a horrible person

/DEVILISH/

you posted the wrong picture

>Implying they weren't insured

You're one serious bitch.

Its natural selection

That guy is such a pussy. If he was able to use it correctly (and we are assuming he did) then all he had to say is no what the fuck and then ask them to also talk to the people who used it after him.

And if they didn't have the evidence to realize it was actually you who fucked up then they also didn't have the evidence to prove it was him who fucked up. That guy could have defended himself flawlessly.

In this world it is kill or be killed so you did well OP. It was now that guy's turn to play his hand and all he had to do was defend himself but looks like you lucked out by targetting an absolute pussy.

>implying overpriced lab instruments ever come with insurance or warranty

Scientific instruments NEVER come with warranty or insurance. If they did they won't cost so much upfront in the first place

kek the joys of working in an experimental lab. i envy the guy that got a chance to drop out, though.

scientific instruments come with a warranty, and all the analytical equipment companies also sell service plans.

the problem is that most PIs are greedy kikes that buy equipment second hand so it has no warranty, and they refuse to buy service contracts.

lul

In that case it's the institutions fault more than anything else.

>>simply switch on the instrument
>>it doesn't turn on
It's not like it was your fault then. This time.

Wow, just wow. OP, you are fucking evil.
>> department is set back financially 3 months
You probably delayed someone's phd

That's exactly how I imagine the typical frogposter in a lab enviroment

>Simply switch on the instrument
>It doesn't turn on

Why would you be worried about this?

>an absolute pussy
seems like the guy obviously thought he'd made an oversight and was actually guilty of breaking it, and took responsibility like a man

Honestly, that was bad of you I think.

shoot your boss before he catches on user, its the only way to save your job.

lol this made me laugh. I pictured you as Asian.

Just curious what kind of trash department will allow fucktards (like you) who might break a 6 figure instrument TWICE to operate it in the first place? mind=blown

I did something similar once.
I borrowed a vacuum cleaner that another person on my dorm's floor was using during the cleanup at the end of the semester. These were vacuums that you had to check out from the front desk. While I was using it to vacuum shit, there was a loud bang and a burning smell. Smoke was coming out of the metal tube connecting the head to the bag. Said fuck it, left the vacuum outside his door, checked out, and GTFO.

Only in Murica, ladies and gents.

Electrical engineering.

what were you doing when you broke the network analyzer

>tfw jamming mcdonalds fries in the ventilation slots on the top of an MRI machine when no one is looking
why is it so fun to be naughty?

>wasting fries
Go to hell.

Am I the only one who doesn't find these threads in the least bit entertaining?

No, but most of them have the sense to either not waste time looking, or at least not bother bitching about it.

You should probably use your lab equipment to synthesize some testosterone OP, then maybe you will stop being such a massive bitch.

saged and reported dumb frog poster

no but what are you supposed to do about it?

sage?
don't make me laugh

>be me
>Chem lab ta
>some shit ass disrespects me
>ME his direct superior
>after marking all the lab reports and find the one with the lowest mark
>switch the names on the report
>he ends up failing and the guy that should have failed passes
>got away with it