Is it worth reading?

Is it worth reading?

Sure, it's short an easy. Reminds you of how much of a fucking pussy you are.

Is it entertaining?

Yes it is.

Like your dick?

Sure. It certainly evoke a sense of anxiety throughout the entire thing. I read the entire thing in a trans-Atlantic flight.
I have a very small dick but I have a very nice boypussy

Yes, but the Nazi version is better.

Nazi version?

Not literally, but in the late 20s there was a version that was more violent and nationalist.
Ernst wasn't a Nazi, it was just the spirit of the time.

It's boring but might give you a perspective on war. Not that I know how accurate it is since I've never been in a war. How the author managed to recount every single details down to the minute of a day I don't know. Maybe he had a notebook that he wrote in every second.

he mentions that he had a diary in which he recorded stuff in detail, like the time and intensity of each shelling

It was never the spirit of that time. Junger is a rare artifact of romanticized war post 1914 WWI. The man was a war junky. A machine. He's not indicative of all the huge amount of people that the war broke.

Yes, it is an awesome book.
Better read it in German though, English translations are awful.

yes.

Definately, Junger is fascinating. I'll never forget the segment where they charge a British line and one German is in such a state of bloodlust he's chasing a terrified brit down a trench lobbing grenades after him until he runs out and starts chucking handfuls of mud

The only english version I could find is the recent Penguin one, which I know is from the toned down later versions but does anyone know if the older translations are worth reading?

I disagree with this
Junger was not some sort of throwback nor a machine
Just because his book isnt filled with "war is hell XDD" cliche doesnt mean he's some kind of monster
Read more about Junger he's an interesting guy.
Also diaries from the period show that soldiers had swinging opinions on the war one day writing how exciting the war was and the next lamenting it, history just choose to concentrate on the lamentation.

Constantly changing opinions on the war are probably more realistic, especially bearing in mind that these were mostly a bunch of teenage boys. I can't even imagine living that kind of life.

I think it gives a skewed look at WW1 and like most media tells (or shows) none of the majority boring parts. The war on the western front was 90% sitting around in a trench for a week. Not getting bombed. Not getting gassed.

War is boring. Ask anyone who was in one and as long as they're not a majorly embellishing navy SEAL they will tell you.

Yeah, because sitting in pit filled with mud, out of which you can't stick your head because you might get shot, in anticipation of the next shelling sounds like a total bore.

I'm not saying that there is no boredom in war, i'm saying that you sound like a complete prick for saying the Western front was 90% sitting around. I'm saying you're a prick for cutting corners and going full 'war is this or that'.

Also a major Hollywood movie starring Jake 'its not gay to love me' Gyllenhaal focused on just the boredom of war.

Chances of being shelled were incredibly low save during offensives, and even then who cared lol. Those krauts had nice underground trenches and were barely touched by three days worth of shelling.

War is boring.

Yes, all Germans were as well dug in as they were at the battles of the somme.

Even those in the instable clay soil of lets say, Flanders.

Good thing this isn't a you boner you lose thread.

it's good
the glass bees is good too

Though it is a bit raw and straightforward, Storm of Steel is worth the read. However, if you really want to understand Jünger on a philosophical level I would read Glass Bees or Aladdin's Problem. Later on move to On Marble Cliffs, then finally Eumeswil (the tour de force).