Been reading as long as i remember

Been reading as long as i remember.

Dickens, Vonnegut, Toole, Von Kleist, Matsuo Bashô, Ivan Goncharov, Tolstoi, Diderot, Rilke and so on...

Still a dumb socially retarded redneck...
Some people (like myself) are bound to be eternal idiots

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FMBY7IkIE88
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Never give up I love you

Same. I try to read everything. I like classics, and new books, and I like non-fiction too. But I'm still dumb and I don't know how to make interesting and original thoughts.

I've tried to not read so much, so that my brain might come up with stuff on it's own, but then I just got more stupider.

I would be okay with this if I had skills and real world smarts to get me through life but I don't.

Try reading genreshit 2bh guys
Loosey goose fantasy books that are just fun, even if poorly written, can help your mind envision different and more creative scenarios and such, which may help you to be more creative with your own thoughts
Maybe

Everyone on Earth is an eternal idiot. At least you have the self awareness to recognise this.

>socially retarded
Of course, you are. because reading can not substitute the social life itself.

Read someone like Polybius, or someone like Hume or Hardy or Sir Walter Scott or Eliot and begin to formalize your behavior. I too have bad social anxiety and social awkwardness, and I cured it by approaching all social interactions outside my family in a very formal manner, ie, Greeting, expression of small talk, a 50% back and forth that relies mostly on the person I am speaking to for topic, and a sincere farewell. I have also tried to remove contractions, slurs, and colloquialisms.

You are probably smarter than most people around you. They just have the social skills to spin more bullshit.

|
|>
|
|

Read philosophy and literary theory.

You should seek help for that inferiority complex of yours.

Didnt knew fellow southerns visted Veeky Forums, much to faulk with you me havens.
And lit is among the very smartesest of boards among chans, bein dumb is bein smart.
And eternal is nothing, it is only change exists. Deterministic or not, that is unknown, but look around, it is not whar it was, correct? Then, why you?
I neva judge bookcovers alone, answers you follow:
What's the best book ya read?
Why?
Why do you read?
What?
End goal with it?
How?

Read theory, get drunk.

Theories of what?

Try listening

It uses a different part of your brain

this. then try to write about what you just read

Critical theory, Walter Benjamin, Baudrillard, Zizek, Foucault, Timothy Morton can be fun. It gives you an apparatus with which to work (or disagree or deconstruct) and it is meant by its nature to encourage thought. Also reading very excessive people like Bataille or surrealists. The other thing which can be rather good is reading sociological texts because they tend to have this theory grounding but are much more expressly about its operation on the real world.

I tried to watch Zizek's movie but but I was too stupid to understand anything he was saying. Are the other guys there easier to understand?

>What's the best book ya read?
The pickwick papers by Charles Dickens

>Why?
Because i love story telling and Dickens is perfect at it. I also loved how complete that book was and the way he could string so many emotions and attach you to the characters.
I consider it a light book in the sense that it's somewhat naive but it's incredibly rewarding and a true masterwork of humanism.

>Why do you read?
Because it helps me too keep on track and gives me a sense of acomplishment. I also learn from them but i'm not a good student it seems.

>What?
what?

End goal with it?
I intend to become a wiser and better person.
I want to become somoene who accepts the world as something more than black and white (because i already notice that the world is like that but i tend to simplify things)

How?
I dunno. Reading helps for sure but as i stated before, i became somewhat "square" since this last years...

I love music too and i listen to all kind of genres. Been into some stuff like link related:

>youtube.com/watch?v=FMBY7IkIE88

My favourite genre is folk tough

Try watching it again with a companion guide and pausing it as you go. Most of those guys are at a similar difficulty but perhaps easier for you as Zizek tends to jump from one topic to another quickly and seemingly without reason

Answers meet questions, and vice verse
You do it, questions answers, I provide basaic only, you say about world, absolutes, it can be or not, be square, unsqaure yourself
How, why, when, what? There in lies the answer...

well, i shouldnt durdle like this, But seriously, you sound not idiotic, pinpoint trouble seem more to be social, the tough solution is to face it, by facing others. Get out. Find interests, seek it, visit clubdiscomusic, or be bound.. Ha, im not big on the analytics of psycho, but read yaself, the use of words, "bound" and square, perhaps inside there is, unblound and unsquare solution???
And be proud of your talents, being able to think and reflect seems not to bee of much much today, use yours well, with big forces, arrives responsibilitia with you, big guys crashes planes, you know, you follow?

Also, keep reading Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums, we look at you, else not, we will know, and we remember. With superb hatred we marches onwards the vile filthiness of the output of our creations. Be we, unless you are the it!